CityWalk Expansion | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
The menu for this seems very similar to Splitsville in a way, especially with the Burger/Sushi concept.

Eh, not really. Many other restaurants have a sushi menu in addition to offering burgers and other American food.

What makes Cowfish unique is they offer "burgushi"--sandwiches that are made out of sushi components, and rolls made out of burger components. Plus the atmosphere is much more interesting than a bowling alley lol. The Cowfish restaurant in Charlotte is excellent, I've been there several times. It's wildly popular and consistently has wait times of 2-4 hours per table during weekend dinner times. And it's not even new, it's just THAT good!

Eh, not really. Many other restaurants have a sushi menu in addition to offering burgers and other American food.

What makes Cowfish unique is they offer "burgushi"--sandwiches that are made out of sushi components, and rolls made out of burger components. Plus the atmosphere is much more interesting than a bowling alley lol. The Cowfish restaurant in Charlotte is excellent, I've been there several times. It's wildly popular and consistently has wait times of 2-4 hours per table during weekend dinner times. And it's not even new, it's just THAT good!
Unfortunately you find with those places it is normally a really good burger and not so good sushi or the opposite...speaking of which, anyone had the sushi? Is it fresh?

This is the first time I have seen them use the word "historic" to describe the expansion.

From @skubersky on twitter

B12qVvQCAAEsqZC.jpg

150 years from now, people will look back on this expansion of CityWalk and speak of it in the same reverence as the Titanic. Or the founding of our nation! It's literally THAT important. :lol:

Just got back from a nice long vacation at UOR. Cowfish has awesome sushi. We eat a lot of the stuff out here in CA, and let me say that for the price at Cowfish, you are getting quality product. And they're mixed drinks were to die for.

Why are they using the fancy barricades, instead of the standard 8' ones with covers? They'll get ruined. (Sorry, but barricades are a big part of my life at Universal).

I think the Xfinity live would be a great addition to CW, although I am still holding out hope for a BBQ restaurant.

Why are they using the fancy barricades, instead of the standard 8' ones with covers? They'll get ruined. (Sorry, but barricades are a big part of my life at Universal).

I think the Xfinity live would be a great addition to CW, although I am still holding out hope for a BBQ restaurant.

Oh gosh. The smell of BBQ as I leave Universal would have me seated there every night.

My family's quest to find a good place to watch some of the NFL games on Thanksgiving when we go to Universal speaks to the resort's need for a real sports bar.

They had two. One is closed. The other is never busy. Sports bars are the least suited venue to what CityWalk was, and what it is (apparently) trying to become.

Have we heard any rumblings of the next Phase of CityWalk to happen now that Phase 2 is all done? Is Nascar Grille's closing an isolated thing, or are there more changes coming? Previously, there were rumors that the next phase would be coming that would tackle all of the nightclubs and retail establishments. There's also the long-standing rumor that NBA City is going away.

Any chirps being heard from the birds?

Last edited: