Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
Oh yeah I wanted to mention this, might be my dumb luck but the past three times I've been on the rockit it never let me pick my song. Just get a bunch of arrows on my screen pointing at the exit then either have the song picked for me or absolute silence. The latter is one of the worst experiences you could have on an attraction period. It's basically the theme park equivalent of awkward, dead silent sex. Anybody else have this problem?

Not so subtle hint dropping. Well you are right that mega batteries prolly won't make people excited. But if that's what ur making at then I expect these vehicles to do some cool stuff. Does battery mean track less? And feel free to respond in the kong thread.

My word, some of you here have the depth and foresight of a toaster oven.

Teebin, are you saying that the tech used to charge the batteries for the Rockit vehicles will be seen again next door? If that's true it will have to a moving load system, since that's the way Rockit batteries are charged.

Does anyone know anything about the music choices being messed up? Havent rode in almost a year and went this weekend. Wanted to use evanescene but they were not under the rock catagory like they were supposed to be.

Teebin, are you saying that the tech used to charge the batteries for the Rockit vehicles will be seen again next door? If that's true it will have to a moving load system, since that's the way Rockit batteries are charged.

Remember that Rockit operated in start/stop mode for months before they were able to load with the moving walkways, and the vehicles still charged just fine. Plus, the attraction was, at one point, supposed to operate in start/stop mode to cater to CityWalk guests after park hours. So I wouldn't necessarily jump to the "moving load system" conclusion. Besides, they have a hard enough time loading 12 people into a moving vehicle. Can you imagine them trying to load six times that amount?

Oh yeah I wanted to mention this, might be my dumb luck but the past three times I've been on the rockit it never let me pick my song. Just get a bunch of arrows on my screen pointing at the exit then either have the song picked for me or absolute silence. The latter is one of the worst experiences you could have on an attraction period. It's basically the theme park equivalent of awkward, dead silent sex. Anybody else have this problem?

Since a majority of roller coasters do not have on-board sound, I don't understand how Rockit can be considered "the worst experience you could have on an attraction period" if a song doesn't play.

-Andy

Since a majority of roller coasters do not have on-board sound, I don't understand how Rockit can be considered "the worst experience you could have on an attraction period" if a song doesn't play.

-Andy

Well most roller coasters are loud making for atleast something to listen to as you go through, rockit is silent and overall, not a very good coaster. Going on the rockit without sound defeats the entire point of the rockit. Its like going on a dark ride with the lights on, completely different experience

The RV's on Rockit engage a busbar as they enter the station, the bus bar being very similar to the dark rides. The busbar runs the entire length of the station. It is used to activate the compressors on the car to unlock restraints and verify restraints are locked. It is also used to carry the dispatch enable signal from the RV to the ride control system when the loader tags the back of the car (much like Forbidden Journey). All of this is run off of voltage from the busbar in the station.

Another set of busbars are used for charging the RV. The most common way to do onboard audio and whatnot in the industry is for the power source to charge a set of resistors on the RV. The reason for using this instead of conventional batteries is that a bank of resistors is significantly lighter than a set of batteries. Batteries also take longer to charge, whereas a bank of resistors can simply be "zapped" within about 5 seconds. Yes, batteries would last much longer, however, the RV only needs to hold a charge for a few minutes at a time, because it gets zapped every time it gets to the station.

The RV's on Rockit engage a busbar as they enter the station, the bus bar being very similar to the dark rides. The busbar runs the entire length of the station. It is used to activate the compressors on the car to unlock restraints and verify restraints are locked. It is also used to carry the dispatch enable signal from the RV to the ride control system when the loader tags the back of the car (much like Forbidden Journey). All of this is run off of voltage from the busbar in the station.

Another set of busbars are used for charging the RV. The most common way to do onboard audio and whatnot in the industry is for the power source to charge a set of resistors on the RV. The reason for using this instead of conventional batteries is that a bank of resistors is significantly lighter than a set of batteries. Batteries also take longer to charge, whereas a bank of resistors can simply be "zapped" within about 5 seconds. Yes, batteries would last much longer, however, the RV only needs to hold a charge for a few minutes at a time, because it gets zapped every time it gets to the station.

So interesting, thank you...could the charging area be the reason for missing audio from time to time?

Does anyone know anything about the music choices being messed up? Havent rode in almost a year and went this weekend. Wanted to use evanescene but they were not under the rock catagory like they were supposed to be.

I rode on the 22nd and chose Evanescence. It definitely was under the Classic Rock label at that time, and everything worked fine then. Of course, there was a breakdown while we were waiting in line...

11013482_10152647360337035_9156283920291471368_n.jpg

Here's a photo of them. I certainly hope they aren't coming back.