Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's a promotional image. The theater looks nothing like that.

I think it's time to move on from this slope/level talk personally....so let's just move on.

I had just mentioned that some of the photos I saw were promotional. I just found out this week that there even was a 2nd theater and I'm fairly certain that I've never been in it. The theater might not look anything like that, but since no one has taken the time to fully explain what it looks like and what size it is (or post a link with a good picture), how am I supposed to know?

There has never been a house placed in that building, so what is wrong with discussing the different variables or concerns regarding it? Granted, the slope might not really matter much (especially since there isn't 1 apparently), but if someone brings it up, you're telling me that it can't be discussed?

You mentioned that it doesn't make sense to use Sting Alley due to overcrowding... How do you feel about them adding another house location right next to an area that is generally jam packed? I know, I know... The queue and exit will be on the back side of the building where it's generally less crowded, but it still means everyone will have even less reason to venture to the back of the park.

I had just mentioned that some of the photos I saw were promotional. I just found out this week that there even was a 2nd theater and I'm fairly certain that I've never been in it. The theater might not look anything like that, but since no one has taken the time to fully explain what it looks like and what size it is (or post a link with a good picture), how am I supposed to know?

There has never been a house placed in that building, so what is wrong with discussing the different variables or concerns regarding it? Granted, the slope might not really matter much (especially since there isn't 1 apparently), but if someone brings it up, you're telling me that it can't be discussed?

You mentioned that it doesn't make sense to use Sting Alley due to overcrowding... How do you feel about them adding another house location right next to an area that is generally jam packed? I know, I know... The queue and exit will be on the back side of the building where it's generally less crowded, but it still means everyone will have even less reason to venture to the back of the park.

I don't have a problem if you want to discuss how they'll make it work there... Crowding, size. Have at it.

I just was tired of seeing slope or level being discussed.

I'm VERY familiar with the Shrek building, and I'll tell you right now there is no extra space to put in an entire haunted house. The second theater that's used (which is used very frequently) at Shrek is the exact same as the main theater. No slopes. No space. No nothing!

Last edited:
I'm VERY familiar with the Shrek building, and I'll tell you right now there is no extra space to put in an entire haunted house. The second theater that's used (which is used very frequently) at Shrek is the exact same as the main theater. No slopes. No space. No nothing!
I'm not sure what you are saying here beyond confirming no slopes. There will be space once the seats are out, then a house will be built inside.

Hopefully this puts an end to the debate. Hatetofly posted this on twitter a while ago. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFaY6vYVEAASZYp.jpg:large

The whole theater is only 9 or 10 rows deep?

It also looks like it is only about 15 or so seats wide (plus whatever amount of space on each side allocated for the entrances and exits). Is that area really 10,000 square feet, because it doesn't look very large in the picture.

The whole theater is only 9 or 10 rows deep?

It also looks like it is only about 15 or so seats wide (plus whatever amount of space on each side allocated for the entrances and exits). Is that area really 10,000 square feet, because it doesn't look very large in the picture.

Actually believe that's Hollywood's theater.

It's a pretty big space from my memory of it. Probably the size of two to standard movie theater rooms. I do remember the floors being nearly level, if not exactly level. The seats might be reclined somewhat to give the illusion of sloping. It's definitely not stadium seating.

I think they could fit a house about the size of the parade building or tent houses in there, especially if they snake it well enough.

Not much we can discuss until after opening night for Shrek. It will be a smart move or a very bad decision.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there has been any word on whether the rumored Scream house is indeed, based on the movies or the TV show? I'm a huge fan of the movies. I feel like if they theme it to the show, it will be a major bummer. And i know i wouldn't be the only one who would feel that way. For fans and non fans a like. In my mind, it would defeat the purpose of bringing the house to Horror Nights. Plus, you have four movies to work with. Anyways, No Ghostface? No thanks! Also, two great choices for a house in the future, would be Supernatural and American Horror Story. I would wait hours for those houses. Especially a Supernatural one. I'm a super fan! And would anybody else like to see a Myers vs. Leatherface house? Just an idea.

Side Note: American Horror Story: Freakshow, would be an obvious perfect fit for the theme this year.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there has been any word on whether the rumored Scream house is indeed, based on the movies or the TV show? I'm a huge fan of the movies. I feel like if they theme it to the show, it will be a major bummer. And i know i wouldn't be the only one who would feel that way. For fans and non fans a like. In my mind, it would defeat the purpose of bringing the house to Horror Nights. Plus, you have four movies to work with. Anyways, No Ghostface? No thanks! Also, two great choices for a house in the future, would be Supernatural and American Horror Story. I would wait hours for those houses. Especially a Supernatural one. I'm a super fan! And would anybody else like to see a Myers vs. Leatherface house? Just an idea.

Side Note: American Horror Story: Freakshow, would be an obvious perfect fit for the theme this year.

It's supposed to be the movie. AHS is probably never going to happen, this would have been the year.

The thing with Sherk (in my mind) is that there is queue space for two theaters, so I feel they can hold a lot of folks in a pretty well hiding queue without even using the overflow queue...or they could just use the overflow queue (I've never been to the parks on a real busy day so I am assuming there is extra queue space back there by the smoking section near the brown derby as I have seen Sherk banners back there behind the fence).

Also, there is a pre-show room as well as the theatre that (logically) holds as many people as the theatre (albeit standing as opposed to sitting).

Anyway, I get that this will put more houses near the front of the park which could cause folks to stay up front, but I do not think a house there will cause any crowding in walk ways or anything like that.