Beetlejuice Revue to Get Updated | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Beetlejuice Revue to Get Updated

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's still several other theaters in USF for use. Just saying.

None with the capacity/flexibility of the FFL space. Assuming we lose Beetlejuice and FFL, what's left? There's Animal Actors, though they'd probably have to work something out with where the animals reside - I imagine pyro in that proximity could be problematic. That theater is smaller than FFL, and lacks the more traditional stage setup - doesn't mean they couldn't change it to be more of a flex space, but they'd have to radically switch up a lot of Animal Actors.

Then there's Terminator... which, I really don't see happening. Not anywhere near enough seats, plus, I assume they'd have to take T2:3D offline for the event.

What's really left? Horror Make-Up Show? The Concert stage?

None with the capacity/flexibility of the FFL space. Assuming we lose Beetlejuice and FFL, what's left? There's Animal Actors, though they'd probably have to work something out with where the animals reside - I imagine pyro in that proximity could be problematic. That theater is smaller than FFL, and lacks the more traditional stage setup - doesn't mean they couldn't change it to be more of a flex space, but they'd have to radically switch up a lot of Animal Actors.
The animals actually stay out-of-park at Universal's Kennel, over by RV parking.

Reactions: JungleSkip
What's really left? Horror Make-Up Show? The Concert stage?
There's also the option of using a sound stage like they do fro Grinchmas.

Personally I think they need to keep the FFL stage, it needs a new show and enclosing it would be a great idea too! A park needs to have a few large capacity shows.

There's also the option of using a sound stage like they do fro Grinchmas.

Personally I think they need to keep the FFL stage, it needs a new show and enclosing it would be a great idea too! A park needs to have a few large capacity shows.

I'd be all for that...

If Universal had shown any ability to put on a decent show in the last 15 years.

I'd be all for that...

If Universal had shown any ability to put on a decent show in the last 15 years.
Well they have put on decent shows. B&T, Grinchmas and I think Horror Makeup show is good too. I think they have the ability to do something really great they just need to start from the ground up rather than trying to rework an old show or create a marketing tie in to a reality show.

Well they have put on decent shows. B&T, Grinchmas and I think Horror Makeup show is good too. I think they have the ability to do something really great they just need to start from the ground up rather than trying to rework an old show or create a marketing tie in to a reality show.

I mean, they had an existing template for Grinchmas, B&T is a different beast all together, and Horror Makeup is an opening day attraction.

I mean, they had an existing template for Grinchmas, B&T is a different beast all together, and Horror Makeup is an opening day attraction.
Yeah, but I think the talent is there. Just look at B&T they basically create a new show every year.

I think they could do a stunt/comedy show and incorporate pop culture and classic Universal elements if done right it could be a hit.

The small shows at Universal are all well written & choreographed. The large shows, for the most part, are poorly written and have production shortfalls. It seems it should be the other way around, since the larger shows have bigger budgets. Something seems out of whack.

Yeah, time and time again I have wondered why they are so bad at it. Are they over-avoiding Disney shmaltz to their own peril? Disney shows usually work very well, probably because they are so earnest.
I think you have to look at what the current people have done separately from the pre-existing shows. B&T is usually pretty well done, All of the HP shows were well received, the reworking of BJ wasn't great but most agree it was better. I think they need to be given the oppurtunity to do a large original show before we can truly judge them.

I think you have to look at what the current people have done separately from the pre-existing shows. B&T is usually pretty well done, All of the HP shows were well received, the reworking of BJ wasn't great but most agree it was better. I think they need to be given the oppurtunity to do a large original show before we can truly judge them.

They do? I've yet to see anyone say Beetlejuice improved after the recent update.

Reactions: Clive
They do? I've yet to see anyone say Beetlejuice improved after the recent update.
It's still the same show basically, looking at the updates outside of the show itself I think they made good choices. They were probably instructed not to change much but just to update it so it will stay relevant for a couple more years, in that respect they did a good job with it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah, time and time again I have wondered why they are so bad at it. Are they over-avoiding Disney shmaltz to their own peril? Disney shows usually work very well, probably because they are so earnest.
Probably because they replace Disney smaltz with Universal corniness. Smaltz is definitely more enjoyable.