Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Frequent fear passes were never a problem before 2012.

It is not like ffp are a brand new thing or anything.
When did the plus pass started?

I think things were fine when Fridays weren't part of the ffpp.
Leave Fridays and Saturdays to the general public. (leave the discount days to ffp)

They should probably get rid of the frequent fear plus pass.

If a person is going to buy a frequent fear pass, I think most people would just buy the plus pass
(does anyone even bother with the regular ffp anymore?) Lets not forget that the other days get a burger king discount.

Maybe they could get rid of this discount too. (not trying to be sarcastic) That burger king discount also affects the crowds big time now. (Universal could raise the price on the burger king tickets as well.)

Get rid of Fridays for the ffpp and get rid of the burger king (raise regular ffp price to 165)
Fridays are getting ruined by plus pass.

Last edited:
Sell-outs mean the foundations of the park get pushed to their absolute limits - and more guests aren't having a good time, meaning they won't get their money again.

Then they will either figure it out before the busy time or the angry guests will stop coming and the entire event will fail and shut down. People will travel to Howl O Scream instead and Aiello will be emptying trash cans at the Magic Kingdom.

The other option is that people will continue going regardless of the strife. Universal will never limit attendance. The bottom line for them is money and lots of it.

Haven't been on any of these forums in a longggggggg time, but now that I'm outta grad school I have some free time on my hands....

Anywho, been going since I 2001 and figured I'd throw some thoughts out there about crowds....

I'm a die-hard. Like I said, been going every year since HHN11. When we first started attending, we would go the 3rd week or so in October. Crowds were pretty manageable. They would even pace/pulse the line, aka put you into groups. I have many fond memories of going into RUN with just my Mom, or being sent through ScReAmHoUsE just 3-5 of us.

Clearly, those are things of the past. As the event got busier and busier we pushed our trips earlier up the month and eventually, into September. Now, frankly, it seems like crowds are just not avoidable. In the past, an hour or 2 hour wait was unheard of for a House. Now? 3-4 hour waits are easily seen and this is in September.

I don't know what has affected it....Is it the Walking Dead? Is it FFP or RoF passes? (Full Disclosure: I live in GA and SWEAR by the RoF + Express Pass - which is a STEAL. If you do not think any of the FFP or RoF passes are a STEAL you have entitlement issues or are delusional, no offense.)

I will tell you this, however. For the past couple years, the Saturday I went on was a BREEZE compared to Thursday and Sunday.)

I got the frequent fear pass plus this year which i'm excited about because i'm probably gonna go almost every night I can, Probably not helping at all. lol
I went Friday and didn't get to make it into the S&S because i arrived 5 mins after the park closed but the lady was nice enough to give me a wristband for the AP Holding area and it was a mess back there. By time 5:45 hit both The purge and walking dead were like 45 mins. But they went relatively fast in my opinion. After i did Walking dead and Purge, Insidious was about 60 mins so i skipped it and went to RUN which was only 20 mins.
It was a busy night Friday but Saturday the wait times were really low I thought. The event was really calm in my opinion. Im interested in seeing how the crowds are when I go Thursday.. But then again i wasn't in a rush to see everything because i can go whenever... So I guess the crowd factor doesn't effect me as much as others.

I just bought my express pass for this friday and was wondering how does it work? Do I just show the printed pass at every house/ride or do I get some kind of special pass?

In the end, it's fantastic business for Universal that they're drawing the crowds they are in September via Horror Nights. Disney offers free dining, Universal offers world-class haunts. Whatever works.

It really is great to see it getting high numbers and positive feedback. It really has come a long way from how it started!

Something else to consider (that I didn't think about)

Do FFP people pay parking every night? Where else can people park besides at Universal? (Or does everyone just show up at 8:30? how do people get to the event if they are going every single FFP night?

If, let's say that a regular FFP person goes to the event when gates open every night. That means that person is giving Universal an extra 306 dollars per event. (or something like that)
do people do this?

Something else to consider (that I didn't think about)

Do FFP people pay parking every night? Where else can people park besides at Universal? (Or does everyone just show up at 8:30? how do people get to the event if they are going every single FFP night?

If, let's say that a regular FFP person goes to the event when gates open every night. That means that person is giving Universal an extra 306 dollars per event. (or something like that)
do people do this?
If you go that uch you have a preffered annual pass because the parking just paid for the pass.

If you go that uch you have a preffered annual pass because the parking just paid for the pass.

yeah, im just wondering how do the ffp people go about parking. ( I know some people just show up after 8 PM because of the parking )
but this opening weekend was crowded from the time they opened.

But the crowd that shows up opening weekend aren't the people that show up after 8 because they are too cheap to pay 17 bucks. Even though by saving that 17 bucks they waste practically half the value of that $50-100 ticket they bought to get in.

Last year opening weekend was crowded and the second and third saturday wasn't bad at all.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Lets not forget that the other days get a burger king discount.

Maybe they could get rid of this discount too. (not trying to be sarcastic) That burger king discount also affects the crowds big time now. (Universal could raise the price on the burger king tickets as well.)

Get rid of Fridays for the ffpp and get rid of the burger king (raise regular ffp price to 165)
Fridays are getting ruined by plus pass.

I'm not sure how big the Burger King discount is, but that's somewhat similar to my suggestion that add-on ticket prices go up. Instead of offering between $25 and $52 off in 5 different tiers, collapse it down to 3 tiers:

Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday + September Fridays - $47 off ($54.99)
October Fridays - $32 off ($69.99)
Saturdays - $22 off ($79.99)

Assuming that full price tickets go up by $4 or so next year, like they did this year, then adjust the amount off to still get to the ticket prices in the parentheses.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I'm not sure how big the Burger King discount is, but that's somewhat
similar to my suggestion that add-on ticket prices go up. Instead of offering between $25 and $52 off in 5 different tiers, collapse it down to 3 tiers:

Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday + September Fridays - $47 off ($54.99)
October Fridays - $32 off ($69.99)
Saturdays - $22 off ($79.99)

Assuming that full price tickets go up by $4 or so next year, like they did this year, then adjust the amount off to still get to the ticket prices in the parentheses.

I think you pay 52 dollars with Burger King or Coca Cola discount, to go Wed, Thur, or Sundays. If Crowds are so bad, I wonder why they are still giving out this Discount of almost 50%

wouldnt Universal benefit from not having this discount around?

Im just thinking. (Although if they cut those discounts then everyone that uses them would probably just buy FFP and go a couple of days

I think you pay 52 dollars with Burger King or Coca Cola discount, to go Wed, Thur, or Sundays. If Crowds are so bad, I wonder why they are still giving out this Discount of almost 50%

wouldnt Universal benefit from not having this discount around?

Im just thinking. (Although if they cut those discounts then everyone that uses them would probably just buy FFP and go a couple of days

So make the 1 2 punch of lowering the discount and then actually limiting the number of passes sold.