Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MdLd7mm.jpg

avatar-land-disneys-animal-kingdom-19.jpg

avatar-land-disneys-animal-kingdom-22.jpg

Not my pictures.

The engineering for this project is crazy. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this looks like it will surpass Diagon Alley in terms of theming and beauty.

MdLd7mm.jpg

avatar-land-disneys-animal-kingdom-19.jpg

avatar-land-disneys-animal-kingdom-22.jpg

Not my pictures.

The engineering for this project is crazy. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this looks like it will surpass Diagon Alley in terms of theming and beauty.
yes and no the thing that makes diagon alley so great is you can go in every building while this will no doubt look really good it wont be as explorible as diagon so surpass in beauty but prob not in themeing

Reactions: Mad Dog
If you've gone to Diagon Alley once, you dont really pass by each shop every time you visit. You just go straight to Gringotts. I feel like Pandora will be explorable, maybe even more so than DA. My opinion so dont blast me. Also, I feel like the original WWOHP is larger than Diagon.

If you've gone to Diagon Alley once, you dont really pass by each shop every time you visit. You just go straight to Gringotts. I feel like Pandora will be explorable, maybe even more so than DA. My opinion so dont blast me. Also, I feel like the original WWOHP is larger than Diagon.
Length wise it is but Diagon is much deeper.

yes and no the thing that makes diagon alley so great is you can go in every building while this will no doubt look really good it wont be as explorible as diagon so surpass in beauty but prob not in themeing
You make a great point. We spend tons of time in Diagon. Even after so many repeat trips there's so much to see and do, plus we're always discovering things that we didn't catch before. You can't discount how Universal recreated the ambiance and atmosphere of wanting to stay in that area. Diagon puts you in the story and you live the story with those great characters, stores, restaurants, alleys, shows etc. that just jump to life in front of you. I think Pandora will be beautiful to look at, and I'm looking forward to it's opening. But short of the rides there probably won't be much to hold my interest, at least nowhere near a Diagon level. And the Pandora restaurant (canteen) sounds uninteresting. uninteresting. It's like those two new areas in the Africa section, the food area & Lions Theater area. They're very authentic looking but I end up spending about ten minutes total in those areas since there's really nothing to do or explore outside of the first glance.

I keep looking at all these pics and still don't see how they will seem to "float" to us. Should be interesting. While I am not into the IP and I think it was the wrong IP, I personally am excited to see this area. First thing Disney has done in years I am excited to see and experience.

I keep looking at all these pics and still don't see how they will seem to "float" to us. Should be interesting. While I am not into the IP and I think it was the wrong IP, I personally am excited to see this area. First thing Disney has done in years I am excited to see and experience.

Those curved steel beams are going to look like draping vines and the small steal structure under the mountains will eventually be removed.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
This is pretty much how I thought these mountains would float. This is so weird because this effect is almost like one you'd see on a ride or something closed from the outside. Pretty hilarious how through construction we now know how these mountains float, completely destroying the magic of them. Not a fault on Disney because it was inevitable to begin with. I have to say though this construction looks really cool so far, it's gonna be awesome when they finally open those gates

This is pretty much how I thought these mountains would float. This is so weird because this effect is almost like one you'd see on a ride or something closed from the outside. Pretty hilarious how through construction we now know how these mountains float, completely destroying the magic of them. Not a fault on Disney because it was inevitable to begin with. I have to say though this construction looks really cool so far, it's gonna be awesome when they finally open those gates

Very true. Maybe I shouldn't be looking at these pics trying to figure everything out :) But really not that many people see these pics.

Oh and now that I see the artistic picture I see how this will work.

Reactions: Cole
Status
Not open for further replies.