Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 237 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A JP fansite, JPLegacy, posted this recently in response to a rumor they found online," Twitter user Jurassic_World2018 (@Brycenator100) thankfully shared a screenshot of an wiki article posted on the Universal Studios Theme Park Fanon Wiki. This concerned the expansion to Universal's Islands of Adventure Orlando in 2017. Toon Lagoon is now being replaced with several other attractions, including some Jurassic Park themed attractions.

I'm assuming this is bull, but would it be possible to expand a little into toon Lagoon in order for JP to have room for a JW/JP expansion ride?

Yeah I call that BS. That's not even rumor, it's speculation.

Stranger things have happened...

Though at this point if they're going to expand JP I doubt it would be part of whatever they may or may not do with Toon lagoon... Maybe they would move the gate and give JP more space?

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Stranger things have happened...

Though at this point if they're going to expand JP I doubt it would be part of whatever they may or may not do with Toon lagoon... Maybe they would move the gate and give JP more space?

JP has enough real estate for what it needs. Any growth should be internal, either on unused Triceratops land, as part of Camp Jurassic, or as a replacement to Pizza Predattoria.

If they even thought about touching Camp Jurassic I'd kill them. Unless they add to it.

I would agree with you, sincerely I would; but I have a hard time seeing how it will be spared in the next 5 to 9 years, especially since the original JP Expansion pad is now being used for something that's going to be kickass.

I love the look and feel of "Camp Jurassic", and if it looks like the best kids area outside of WDW for Orlando Theme Parks, but if I was given the choice of keeping it or letting something from JW come into play, i'd pick JW.

Reactions: Ryno27
I would keep CJ but rip out a small part of it including the whole bird coaster. Put in a dino spinner or carousel and create a new much larger entrance so that the camp and spinner can be seen. The current entrance is a joke as the whole area is hidden from the main path. Pink is the current entrance, green is my new entrance. That is the one fish spinner (that is 50' wide as they all are) as an example.

CJ_spinner_zpsq0h1betx.jpg

:lol:
More specifically, what specimens of Dino would you like to interact with?

Brachiosaurus. Something large and majestic. Maybe they can make you think you're up on an observation platform and you just see her head and neck stretching up from a canopy of foliage. Have her eat some plants. Veggiesaurus.

Restore some sense that the park stretches off far into the distance. One of my problems with the raptor is the enclosure seems comically small, like a scale model of a real Jurassic park fence line.

Reactions: Quint
I would keep CJ but rip out a small part of it including the whole bird coaster. Put in a dino spinner or carousel and create a new much larger entrance so that the camp and spinner can be seen. The current entrance is a joke as the whole area is hidden from the main path. Pink is the current entrance, green is my new entrance. That is the one fish spinner (that is 50' wide as they all are) as an example.

CJ_spinner_zpsq0h1betx.jpg
You'd really add carnival rides to the theme parks largest property?

Brachiosaurus. Something large and majestic. Maybe they can make you think you're up on an observation platform and you just see her head and neck stretching up from a canopy of foliage. Have her eat some plants. Veggiesaurus.

Restore some sense that the park stretches off far into the distance. One of my problems with the raptor is the enclosure seems comically small, like a scale model of a real Jurassic park fence line.

Only if they make it so the Brachiosaurus sneezes on you

Reactions: awhen
You'd really add carnival rides to the theme parks largest property?
I wouldn't want them to touch Camp Jurassic. It's just about perfect as is. Even the Pter. ride fits the atmosphere perfectly, even though us adults can't ride. Why ruin that vibe with a carnival ride,, no matter how well it's themed. They still have lots of space adjacent to the Raptor Encounter. Better to put a themed carnival ride in that unused space.

Reactions: *Q*
I feel like Camp Jurassic should be made more apparent, however, especially with Kong now looming next door. It's beautifully designed, but as Teebin has highlighted, only the curious are drawn in.

Status
Not open for further replies.