Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 235 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC01155.JPG

Had a blast at the raptor encounter. Really nice addition to the park!

I believe Universal feels they have filled JP's needs with Kong, even though it is not the same franchise. There is virtually no room left, unless they tunnel underground for a dark ride and I doubt that will happen. There is no reason to tear anything down.

I hope not, its not the same IP. Jurassic is close to 1.7 billion world wide, it has a fanbase.

Maybe its because I'm more of a JP/JW fan, but now seeing that universal let KONG go to Warner Brothers, I'm a little pissed that the ride isn't Jurassic themed. I mean the land is practically begging for some new life and still nothing besides the raptor encounter. I see the cross promotion idea in having Kong, but now that its not a universal film anymore, I don't see the need for it at Islands. Maybe if it took over for disaster, but not in JP territory. Sorry about the rant everyone.

Totally agreed. It's clear that while the ride borrows art assets from PJ's Kong, it had ties to Skull Island. Considering it steamrolled all of JP's expansion plans is just plain disapointing.

There's no question that a large revamp of JP with amazing theming would be wildly successful and have a huge draw. But now they're cornered in a very small space. If Jurassic World came out in 2014 as originally planned and was just as successful I guarantee Skull Island would not be a thing, at least not in JP's plot.

To add insult to injury the Raptor Encounter is a joke.

There's no question that a large revamp of JP with amazing theming would be wildly successful and have a huge draw. But now they're cornered in a very small space. If Jurassic World came out in 2014 as originally planned and was just as successful I guarantee Skull Island would not be a thing, at least not in JP's plot.
It's sort of a shame that both of Jurassic Park's expansion pads were eaten up. While Forbidden Journey is amazing and Kong sure will be, those pretty much blocked up JP's only space for new attractions. I'm guessing if JW did release last year, then Kong would have been going into the Toon Lagoon ampitheater plot rather then in between Toon Lagoon and Jurassic Park.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
To add insult to injury the Raptor Encounter is a joke.

Oh really? Is that why long lines stack up for it every day? Universal had to find more money to staff it with additional people, it is that popular.

You need to personalize your statements with "IMO" and "from what I have seen". You are not a god who speaks for everyone.

With Japan getting a JP expansion I was thinking, it would be awesome if we could get an indoor flying coaster here set inside an aviary, they could even combine dark ride elements, have it begin slow like mummy, then a launch that pushes you out of the aviary and then dives back inside.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
That would be amazing but with Kong taking up any jp expansion land where could it go? I would love a new jp ride but they would have to get very creative on where it can go unless they are removing something old.

That would be amazing but with Kong taking up any jp expansion land where could it go? I would love a new jp ride but they would have to get very creative on where it can go unless they are removing something old.
Yes, a ride like this would need a lot of space, they'd have to tear down the entire Camp Jurassic.

Plenty of space for future additions in Jurassic Park, just gotta be CREATIVE :shades:

Ehhh... I can think of 2 1/2 locations. Both of them would stick in my craw, although one of them has stuck in my craw since 2010 so. That location would be Hollywood tough to build upon. The other I could see if they went underground to a degree and the final location is obvious for a smaller attraction.

If you are thinking a 1 acre 3 story building attraction then I think you are nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.