Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, I'd only see something big for JW if it was just the ride on both coasts getting a renovation. Just look at japan for anything big for Jurassic content in a form..

I still think they should capitalize on Jurassic World in the parks. It's such a no brainer when you watch the film with people who are literally saying "I want to ride that." Even if it's just the Discovery Center that gets a major update.

I feel like a JW update could just use an updated Discover Center, updated River Adventure, and an overall updated aesthetic to make it look slightly more like JW.

That ultrasaurus is sick, JP needs more puppets to keep this bare island alive. Preferably in different areas like the discovery center or camp Jurassic. Universal could possibly make an interactive game about meeting all the dinosaurs (scratch off like the up one in MK). Seriously so much potential there

Reactions: Quint
Bare island Cole? Bare? Perhaps that statement is a bit much? I wish it was more bare and sans those crappy carney games they inserted.
well the streets are bare, there isn't anything besides the carnival games or that stupid rock climbing wall to divert attention from plants: the island. Doesn't help most of the attractions like CJ and the DC are tucked away in their own little areas. It's the biggest island in the park it deserves way more love, added streetmosphere would certainty do the trick

Reactions: Mad Dog
well the streets are bare, there isn't anything besides the carnival games or that stupid rock climbing wall to divert attention from plants: the island. Doesn't help most of the attractions like CJ and the DC are tucked away in their own little areas. It's the biggest island in the park it deserves way more love, added streetmosphere would certainty do the trick
When we went in 2011 they had a band playing there with all kinds of drums. It was perfect for the setting. In fact my GF played a set with them then they brought her back for the entire next show. Never seen them since that year's vacation though.

Reactions: Cole
When we went in 2011 they had a band playing there with all kinds of drums. It was perfect for the setting. In fact my GF played a set with them then they brought her back for the entire next show. Never seen them since that year's vacation though.
that sounds awesome, more of that please

Maybe its because I'm more of a JP/JW fan, but now seeing that universal let KONG go to Warner Brothers, I'm a little pissed that the ride isn't Jurassic themed. I mean the land is practically begging for some new life and still nothing besides the raptor encounter. I see the cross promotion idea in having Kong, but now that its not a universal film anymore, I don't see the need for it at Islands. Maybe if it took over for disaster, but not in JP territory. Sorry about the rant everyone.

Maybe its because I'm more of a JP/JW fan, but now seeing that universal let KONG go to Warner Brothers, I'm a little pissed that the ride isn't Jurassic themed. I mean the land is practically begging for some new life and still nothing besides the raptor encounter. I see the cross promotion idea in having Kong, but now that its not a universal film anymore, I don't see the need for it at Islands. Maybe if it took over for disaster, but not in JP territory. Sorry about the rant everyone.

This ride was NEVER cross promotion with the film. It is 100% based on Peter Jackson's Kong.

^I have a pretty hard time believing that when they put "Skull Island" first in the ride's name in huge letters on the logo. Ok, Skull Island isn't a Universal release but that's just too coincidental to me.

Come on, guys... the intention was to cross promote. They could've just called it King Kong: Journey to Skull Island, or something. Instead it's SKULL ISLAND: Reign of Kong.

They'll still get recognition from the film, regardless of where it's produced.

Come on, guys... the intention was to cross promote. They could've just called it King Kong: Journey to Skull Island, or something. Instead it's SKULL ISLAND: Reign of Kong.

They'll still get recognition from the film, regardless of where it's produced.

The name was probably a cross promotion thing, sure.

But the ride and film have nothing to do with one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.