Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 236 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Blake Garris on Twitter #NYCC
CQvnrMdVAAAP3aL.jpg

As Jurassic World has released for Blu Ray and DVD, watching the Gyrosphere sequence has me looking again at what could be for the parks. Considering the future of technology for the ride vehicle is possibly being done with Mario Kart; it could be very easier to do it in the future, especially for a IP like this.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised we don't see anything on the Gyrosphere until Beijing on that front.

A JP fansite, JPLegacy, posted this recently in response to a rumor they found online," Twitter user Jurassic_World2018 (@Brycenator100) thankfully shared a screenshot of an wiki article posted on the Universal Studios Theme Park Fanon Wiki. This concerned the expansion to Universal's Islands of Adventure Orlando in 2017. Toon Lagoon is now being replaced with several other attractions, including some Jurassic Park themed attractions.

I'm assuming this is bull, but would it be possible to expand a little into toon Lagoon in order for JP to have room for a JW/JP expansion ride?

A JP fansite, JPLegacy, posted this recently in response to a rumor they found online," Twitter user Jurassic_World2018 (@Brycenator100) thankfully shared a screenshot of an wiki article posted on the Universal Studios Theme Park Fanon Wiki. This concerned the expansion to Universal's Islands of Adventure Orlando in 2017. Toon Lagoon is now being replaced with several other attractions, including some Jurassic Park themed attractions.

I'm assuming this is bull, but would it be possible to expand a little into toon Lagoon in order for JP to have room for a JW/JP expansion ride?

I don't think this would work because of Kong.

They theoretically could, but would require a huge reworking of the current pathways and entrances of the 2 lands. Don't know if they're willing to take on that big of a project.

Of course it's possible. And toon lagoon is being replaced. Not sure with what and what the attractions are related too.

I dont know if expanding into the lagoon is a top priority.

Doesnt mean a ride cant go over the lagoon to some extent though.

If so the engineering with toon lagoon if deconstructed and reconstructed to any capcity will be amazing.

Just looking at maps, if you were to get rid of popeye, that opens a huge amount of space. Tie that into the dead space of the trike encounter and you have room for a major expansion. This could be the room needed for the Jurassic park gyrosphere ride plus probably more stuff. Maybe the jurassic world main street area. I could even see them doing a mosasaur show/theatre thing along the lagoon. Not sure if they are going that direction, or if losing popeye is a positive, but there is room there if they want it.

That would leave the rest of toon lagoon open for an illuminations retheme. Probably have to lose Dudley to make that work though.

Just looking at maps, if you were to get rid of popeye, that opens a huge amount of space. Tie that into the dead space of the trike encounter and you have room for a major expansion. This could be the room needed for the Jurassic park gyrosphere ride plus probably more stuff. Maybe the jurassic world main street area. I could even see them doing a mosasaur show/theatre thing along the lagoon. Not sure if they are going that direction, or if losing popeye is a positive, but there is room there if they want it.

That would leave the rest of toon lagoon open for an illuminations retheme. Probably have to lose Dudley to make that work though.
I'd rather see Popeye stay or returned over losing it for more Jurassic stuff...even though I love JP.

Status
Not open for further replies.