Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Good friggin lord what a day. I've probably watched that making of video 5 times by now lol. The new concept art is insane and the myth explorers might just be the best marking campaign seen in a theme park. It's actually entertaining and insanely well done, look at that production value!!!! Universal is just hitting all the right points with this one, so excited for more, love it all. On the point of Robert, yeah he's obviously underselling it. It's obviously not kong 360 and it's obviously not going to be short. I think he's just looking for controversy and nothing more, don't give into it

The marketing for KongORL kicks the crap out of KongHollywood's campaign from 2010, and smashes that entirely. So impressed by UC and the marketing team, as they're crafting something that I haven't seen in a theme park landscape in a long time, if not; ever.

And MythExplorers..that's also something that's VERY impressive for an Theme park AD campaign that I can't wait for seeing more of.

Whatever they do with AAs, please don't over do it and create a product that cant last. Its so disappointing when a beast of an engineered AA is limited a few months in because it can handle the looping.

RIP Yeti, you were terrifying Day 1....

Even the TRex in JPRA sucks now..

If the dinosaurs in Kong are better than the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park RA, then i think UC will have to go back to the drawing board on the RA. I know I'm a dino nut, but I can imagine people going on Kong first and then going on the RA and thinking wow these dinosaurs suck compared to what I just saw on Kong. I've been to the Walking with shows and the dinosaurs are so lifelike your mind actually starts to not see the walking(mini car) mechanism and sees them as real animals. I really hope they will work on the dinos in the RA after seeing that stegosaurus in the Kong intro video moving, its night and day.

Reactions: Ryno27
If the dinosaurs in Kong are better than the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park RA, then i think UC will have to go back to the drawing board on the RA. I know I'm a dino nut, but I can imagine people going on Kong first and then going on the RA and thinking wow these dinosaurs suck compared to what I just saw on Kong. I've been to the Walking with shows and the dinosaurs are so lifelike your mind actually starts to not see the walking(mini car) mechanism and sees them as real animals. I really hope they will work on the dinos in the RA after seeing that stegosaurus in the Kong intro video moving, its night and day.

Big difference: Kong's AAs (if there are more than Kong) are not in or around water. You'll never see super articulated AAs in RA due to this

And many are exposed to the outdoor elements such as sun and storms that cause their skins as well as more trouble on robotics.

giphy.gif

That's very good Scott. What software did you use to recreate it?

CorelDraw, I managed to get a high enough resolution copy of the logo from the Universal video which allowed me to do a trace for the mountains and design elements.
3EyLDzP.jpg

I managed to find a similar plane silhouette on google.

I just had to find the fonts after. The curved text is a font called: 'Transat Black' and can be found here: Transat - Webfont & Desktop font « MyFonts

I couldn't identify the other one so just recreated it using basic shapes, it's a pretty simple font when you look at it.
zc8eKrL.png

Cool, you should post the vector file as an eps. That way people can reproduce it at any size they want. Universal will have a cow if you do.

Legally, I don't know where I stand with this. People can make it bigger and print it but it's never going to eat into their sales of merchandise. Anybody who will be interested in it but will buy the merchandise at the parks and it's only getting the name out there.

As a brand though, I think this could make a great island for the 3rd park. Set it in the 1930s with adventures to wherever.

Just don't charge money for the file, which I doubt you ever intended to do anyway. Copyright is intended to protect from others financial gain. I am sure that you created it as an "artistic interpretation. An impressionistic persuit" and nothing more, much like Warhol's Soup Cans. :saywhat:;)
or Walker's Beer Cans. :)

This has probably been talked about or said by Teebin but are these "rumored" VDL RV's powered via internal electric drives? If so does that mean they will recharge during the unload / load process? Sort of like HRRR?? Also if the RV's are VDL and the ride system and tech is oceaneering does that mean these RV's had to be completely retrofitted after the fact? Crazy stuff..

Legally, I don't know where I stand with this. People can make it bigger and print it but it's never going to eat into their sales of merchandise. Anybody who will be interested in it but will buy the merchandise at the parks and it's only getting the name out there.

As a brand though, I think this could make a great island for the 3rd park. Set it in the 1930s with adventures to wherever.
Monster Island.