Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This has probably been talked about or said by Teebin but are these "rumored" VDL RV's powered via internal electric drives? If so does that mean they will recharge during the unload / load process? Sort of like HRRR?? Also if the RV's are VDL and the ride system and tech is oceaneering does that mean these RV's had to be completely retrofitted after the fact? Crazy stuff..

Yes. VDL machines run on Diesel so they did need to be reengineered for electric. This is very much like HRRR but on a grand scale. Both use capacitor batteries that charge near instantly. That's basically it.

Just watched this for the first time today. Now that I know it ain't a real show, I must say, that is really good... over the top good. The rusty door with the worn logo... hola! It actually creeped me out!
I want that background music when they're on the island in the queue. Creepy as hell.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Just read the stupid short article.

Two things:

I read, "warnings to turn back" and I thought, "oh, that is where it happens, that is what it is for".

The other was, "you meet your expedition leader" and this was a surprise to me. Is he on the first projection (that TPI doesn't seem to know exists)? I had no idea of actors being in the attraction at all. I am wondering if he is the solution to another problem that was dreamt up a long time ago...

Reactions: Ryno27

Two things:

I read, "warnings to turn back" and I thought, "oh, that is where it happens, that is what it is for".

The other was, "you meet your expedition leader" and this was a surprise to me. Is he on the first projection (that TPI doesn't seem to know exists)? I had no idea of actors being in the attraction at all. I am wondering if he is the solution to another problem that was dreamt up a long time ago...
Re-looking at your map on pg. 115 of this thread its pretty obvious where the 360 straight line screen is and all of the curved winding paths (caverns) leading up to it:thumbsup:.....By the way, anyone catch "The Vikings" tonight.It was another great episode of the best show on TV. ..... It's been a long hard fought day. Time for us old timers to get some sleep so we can fight against the foes of truth, justice and the American way. :sleep:

Reactions: Ryno27
Youtube.com The making of skull island reign of kong posted 02/25/2016 goes in depth a little more.

Two things:

The expedition leader is a woman in the ride. A blonde woman at that. I am guessing she ends up being the reason Kong sides with you

I mean, Kong kind of has a history of protecting blond women.:shrug:

To be fair, Kong and blondes is a thing. Every film highlights such a relationship.

Yeah yeah... at my age, I know the Kong story well don't you think? It is just my opinion that this didn't require it. How kinky can this monkey be for crying out loud?

Teebin said before there are two places the vehicle stops and does stuff, so we know once is in the 360 screen, but there is another point this happens. So it is going to be more than just the vehicle moving really slow causing the long ride time. It is also going to be way more than a 360 screen since there is a second stop place not in a 360 screen.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Teebin said before there are two places the vehicle stops and does stuff, so we know once is in the 360 screen, but there is another point this happens. So it is going to be more than just the vehicle moving really slow causing the long ride time. It is also going to be way more than a 360 screen since there is a second stop place not in a 360 screen.

Now tell TPI that and watch them try to cover for Universal! :thumbsup: