Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We get nothing like this here in Britain. I couldn't care less if it's just a nice tram ride through some well themed caves, even if nothing happened it'd be better than most of the stuff we get. So the fact it'll be a tram ride through nice themed settings and have stuff going on, August can't come soon enough for me!

Also, that picture of the façade with the explorers in front really shows the true scale of the structure! It's incredible!

We get nothing like this here in Britain. I couldn't care less if it's just a nice tram ride through some well themed caves, even if nothing happened it'd be better than most of the stuff we get. So the fact it'll be a tram ride through nice themed settings and have stuff going on, August can't come soon enough for me!

Also, that picture of the façade with the explorers in front really shows the true scale of the structure! It's incredible!

I think Alton Towers has some of the best themed lands and rides but I think the big problem is that everything by Merlin in all their parks is just doom and gloom and everything feels kind of the same.

Reactions: Ryno27
Universal has really perfected Squinching in attractions. I imagine that we could look at a physical set of caves with the screens "squinching" as we drive by in order to give the illusion that there are tons more as we drive by. Think that last "squinching" scene in Forbiden Journey with everyone cheering and every scene on Spiderman. At times it is done so well you don't even appreciate it being there.

I think Alton Towers has some of the best themed lands and rides but I think the big problem is that everything by Merlin in all their parks is just doom and gloom and everything feels kind of the same.
Valhalla at Blackpool (in its heyday) is probably the best themed ride the UK has ever had

Universal has really perfected Squinching in attractions. I imagine that we could look at a physical set of caves with the screens "squinching" as we drive by in order to give the illusion that there are tons more as we drive by. Think that last "squinching" scene in Forbiden Journey with everyone cheering and every scene on Spiderman. At times it is done so well you don't even appreciate it being there.

Bingo. With AAs, huge sets, etc. Get it? "These aren't three separate attractions. This is one attraction we're calling iKong"

I say this hoping that the ride is a full 6 minutes long.

But if it's not, it wouldn't be the first time that a theme park company oversold the experience.

I'm guessing it'll be pretty close to the "5:50" Mike West originally said. Seems like a ridiculously specific figure.

Still, even if it's a little less, the 360 videos have both averaged around 1.5 minutes. I don't see it taking much more than that during the ride.

I'm guessing it'll be pretty close to the "5:50" Mike West originally said. Seems like a ridiculously specific figure.

Still, even if it's a little less, the 360 videos have both averaged around 1.5 minutes. I don't see it taking much more than that during the ride.

True. Fingers crossed. The only thing that gives me pause is I think Gringotts gets clocked as a 4 or 5 minute ride, and it still feels a little short IMO. Hoping that the Kong ride experience is more akin to FJ, which I think is paced masterfully.

True. Fingers crossed. The only thing that gives me pause is I think Gringotts gets clocked as a 4 or 5 minute ride, and it still feels a little short IMO. Hoping that the Kong ride experience is more akin to FJ, which I think is paced masterfully.

Yea, Gringotts clocks in at just under 4. I think this one is going to be very interesting pace-wise. If it goes down like I think it will, it'll be a lot of starting/stopping, but for cool stuff to happen

Starting/stopping - that works incredibly well for TOT, less so for Everest. Eager to see how it all shakes out.

This is just me making assumptions, though. I generally know the path the cars will take inside, and have an okay idea of what each scene entails.

The question is how each scene actually plays out. I have my suspicions, but don't want to post them, because spoilers and the like.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
He's walking it back!
Yeah, he started walking it back right after I posted Skip's quote of Mike West. And, as I questioned him, no one on that site ever said anything that it was like POC but him. And Gringotts, as Skip said, clocks in at 4 minutes according to Seth Kubersky.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.