Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, seeing a lot of salty twitter people saying "This is just the Hollywood video with a nice façade!"

Just watched a video of the KK 360 ride to see how long it is. The actual part with 3D, AKA not the introduction by Peter Jackson, is 1.5 minutes long. This ride is supposedly upwards of 6. So yea, don't believe everything you read on the internet

So, seeing a lot of salty twitter people saying "This is just the Hollywood video with a nice façade!"

Just watched a video of the KK 360 ride to see how long it is. The actual part with 3D, AKA not the introduction by Peter Jackson, is 1.5 minutes long. This ride is supposedly upwards of 6. So yea, don't believe everything you read on the internet

Its because theme park insider put out this

"Robert Niles
February 24, 2016 at 11:58 AM ·I've seen the blueprints for Kong. Inside the show building, it's a 360 3-D tunnel, followed by the animatronic scene, and that's it. There's a set-up scene outside, and a dramatic drive through the gates to enter the building, but the heart of the ride is the 360 3-D tunnel, as in Hollywood. Plussed-up footage, though.
I am worried that expectations for Kong are wildly exceeding what the ride will deliver. It will be a great attraction, but it's not going to be a 10-minute-plus, Pirates-style ride."

Jaws was a full attraction, Earthquake was a three part show with more complete theming. Kongfrontation was a full ride suspended from the air. I can't think of any tram attraction that Universal has ever cloned for other parks that was the same thing with just a better facade. Salty people indeed.

People could see blueprints for Jaws(94-20011) and think that the layout is pretty boring as they mistake heart being the boathouse.

Reactions: Ryno27

"Robert Niles
February 24, 2016 at 11:58 AM ·I've seen the blueprints for Kong. Inside the show building, it's a 360 3-D tunnel, followed by the animatronic scene, and that's it. There's a set-up scene outside, and a dramatic drive through the gates to enter the building, but the heart of the ride is the 360 3-D tunnel, as in Hollywood. Plussed-up footage, though.
I am worried that expectations for Kong are wildly exceeding what the ride will deliver. It will be a great attraction, but it's not going to be a 10-minute-plus, Pirates-style ride."

He seems to be purposefully underselling the interior. It's fairly clear there's more to it.

"Robert Niles
This mimics exactly what I have heard from a former executive who was not impressed with his walk through whatsoever.

I think the total EXPERIENCE of Kong will be impressive. The facade, the queue, the themeing - but I don't believe this will be what people are hyping it to be (and that's mainly their own fault.)

This mimics exactly what I have heard from a former executive who was not impressed with his walk through whatsoever.

I think the total EXPERIENCE of Kong will be impressive. The facade, the queue, the themeing - but I don't believe this will be what people are hyping it to be (and that's mainly their own fault.)

If anyone was expecting a Pirates-like ride, then yes.

But he's completely underselling the ride.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm just in pure countdown mode to get a sneak peek of these ride vehicles!

It will be interesting to see how much tech is built into the truck itself, especially when exposed to the visitors.

At the very least I hope the audio is all on board (for outside scenes), I don't know if i could handle a drum loop constantly playing while i wait in the line outside for hours haha

Glad to hear and see that the graphics for 360 have been updated. Hopefully they have a better 3D projection system as well. KK 360 really is a disappointing and short affair.

"Robert Niles
You know, for some reason Niles seems to keep downgrading the attraction. In all of his descriptions he keeps alluding to that the 1.5 minute 360 screen makes the ride the same as Hollywood and he basically ignores the other 4.5 minutes of the ride.UC Mike West kind of accentuates the winding through the labyrinth of caverns section in his description and Niles actually edits that out of his story on TPI so he can keep proving his point that as soon as you go through the gates that you encounter that 1.5 minute screen. He's been really stubborn on his points and it may be because he keeps getting scooped on info by OU and others. Lately he's been far back in the pack on his Universal reports where he breaks news that we've been talking about for six months. I've been losing a lot of respect for him lately because he's been having a habit of discrediting information, not just Universal, that's out there, that he doesn't release. Both Magic & OU seem to be a few steps in front of him at this point in the game.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S

Agreed. Niles over at TPI is one of the worst on this. He basically refuses to acknowledge the existence of those caverns at the beginning of the ride to keep supporting his statements that you go right to the 360screen when you go through the doors. He even conveniently edited out West's labyrinth of caves comment in his article so he can keep proving his point.

Everyone here knows the vehicles hold around 72 people and that there will likely be single riders.

With 72, thats probably 12 rows, 6 people wide. With that configuration, I'm not sure how much single rider really helps. If they get a 3 or 5 they can start a row with them till they get another 3 or a 1 and fill that row in. If they don't get another, they plug a 2 in, and roll with it. On a total train we are looking at most, 1 or 2 lost seats? I don't think thats worth tying up the real estate in the queue and dealing with the issues for single rider.

The question is, is there actually 3 queues(standby, express, single) laid out or is there two? If there is two, I could see them starting with single rider and not having express so it doesn't kill the standby wait times. Later, as popularity moves to another ride, they could dump single rider and use it as express queue. If there is 3 queues, then, it just seems like a waste to me.

He seems to be purposefully underselling the interior. It's fairly clear there's more to it.
Yes again, I've been pointing this out on TPI for a few months and he keeps refuting any info I bring over when I refer back to OU or Magic. I'm guessing he's having decreasing hits over there. (I post under my name over there)

Reactions: Mike S
Are you missing where he says "this is a great attraction?"

I'd rather it be undersold and impress than oversold and dissapoint.
Yea, he tears it down,basically calls it a plussed version of Hollywood in his new attractions description, keeps refusing the existence of the caverns and calls it a "great attraction". I think his "great attraction" comment was just a gratuitous comment since so many posters are saying good things about Kong.