Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This question my be way to close to UC for anyone here to answer, but any idea what ride control system they are using? What computer platform?

Reactions: Ryno27
This question my be way to close to UC for anyone here to answer, but any idea what ride control system they are using? What computer platform?

I would assume it is either custom VDL software or perhaps a customized version created by Oceaneering. (actually, I am not positive that oceaneering is on this project but I believe it was mentioned relative to the vehicles)

That said, nearly all systems running at the parks is running on Windows.

If they wanted to "theme" the ride path a stamped concrete overlay with staining could be installed in a very short time. Maybe they are just doing the testing in case they have to dig something up and will install the overlay once everything is checked out. Another two inches would not change the guide signal enough to matter.

Now now. Do you know how many times I have been corrected on this site for my incorrect observations? The good news is that I want the truth and the details surrounding that truth. I love to learn new stuff so I just let the corrections roll off me.

I challenged you because I was kinda hoping that you had more knowledge of the details than I and could correct me.

Backstory to this is that I asked a friend and big-build contractor years ago how they could leave the doors wide open on both ends of the large Islands of Adventure Trading Company store. That is when I learned of water-cooled HVAC systems used on large businesses. They are much more expensive to install than air-cooled, yet far less expensive to run.
Yes. I'm always throwing little jokes out about your postings and you've always been a good trooper (or storm trooper) & laughing along:)....Whenever I read a theme park article concerning air conditioning, I'm immediately reminded of Diagon Alley, that generally feels cool & comfortable with all of that air con. escaping from the restaurant & stores that's momentarily captured between the tall buildings & narrow streets.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
The one thing that still blows me away by those aerial pictures is that the vehicles have driven the path numerous time and yet the tire tracks are precisely located in the same place every time... no deviation. Yeah, I know it's computer controlled and all that digital stuff... but I expected a variation for some reason. I kept staring and wondering if they painted the tire tracks on for some goofy reason. I resolved that there would be no point in that as it is following a wire.

I'm more amazed that the front and rear wheels take the same path every time. It's obviously possible because it has front and rear wheel steering, but the fact that they have it programmed for front and rear to follow the same path is pretty neat.

I think if the Kong show building entrance would've been an irregular shape, like maybe a broken through wall, it would've looked better. But I'm just nitpicking at this point.

I agree with this; the entrance might look better with an imperfect outline. I don't think it's nitpicking, but I'm more interested in the ride experience. Curious to see how much the ride relies on screens and how well the screens are integrated into the environment.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Teebin
Does anybody have an idea if and when Kong is going to have Express Pass and/or Single Rider?

Will it have single riders ? I am wondering if it will ? Has anyone seen the trucks yet how many do they hold ? If somewhere between 12-20
I would think the ride loader would be able to hit that number without adding any singles most of the time . Then a single rider line would be longer wait than regular line defeating the purpose of having one,

Reactions: Ryno27
^ I agree. I don't know why they created the queue building with such a perfect roof line. The temple is half tumbled boulders. The queue looks like skull kingdom (old attraction nearby whose exterior was a piece of crap amateur work... (it went out of business years ago))

Will it have single riders ? I am wondering if it will ? Has anyone seen the trucks yet how many do they hold ? If somewhere between 12-20

Welcome back from your trip to Mars Kevin. Everyone here knows the vehicles hold around 72 people and that there will likely be single riders.

Visit more often now that you are back from your mission.

Last edited:
I would think the ride loader would be able to hit that number without adding any singles most of the time . Then a single rider line would be longer wait than regular line defeating the purpose of having one,
Teebin, a few pages back in this thread, commented on Single & Express.

^ I agree. I don't know why they created the queue building with such a perfect roof line. The temple is half tumbled boulders. The queue looks like skull kingdom (old attraction nearby whose exterior was a piece of crap amateur work... (it went out of business years ago))
My take on the possible story line; The temple/ruins are an ancient structure constructed by an unknown race...The queue building is a hdq/fortification trading post built a couple of hundred years ago by traders or trader/slavers.

There are supposedly wide dips and bumps in the outdoor ride path, but we would need to see a low horizontal photo to see if that is the case now. That, or ride the ride when it opens. ;)

I remember seeing a good picture early in the outside construction that shows a pretty significant dip in the outside turn, I'll try to find it.

However i did come across this gem.....

750x422