Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So are we gonna have to wait a while for Express Pass to open like we did for HRRR (and presumably FJ) or is it going to open like a week after grand opening?

Reactions: Ryno27
Yeah, it is a bit generic. I am not sure why they didn't embed stones and stuff along the edges of the actual track. It appears disappointingly unthemed. Ah well...

Especially when Disney has even gone to the extreme of embedding peanuts into the concrete in their Dumbo area.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
The one thing that still blows me away by those aerial pictures is that the vehicles have driven the path numerous time and yet the tire tracks are precisely located in the same place every time... no deviation. Yeah, I know it's computer controlled and all that digital stuff... but I expected a variation for some reason. I kept staring and wondering if they painted the tire tracks on for some goofy reason. I resolved that there would be no point in that as it is following a wire.

Reactions: Scott W. and Ryno27
The one thing that still blows me away by those aerial pictures is that the vehicles have driven the path numerous time and yet the tire tracks are precisely located in the same place every time... no deviation. Yeah, I know it's computer controlled and all that digital stuff... but I expected a variation for some reason. I kept staring and wondering if they painted the tire tracks on for some goofy reason. I resolved that there would be no point in that as it is following a wire.

When doing motion testing on unconstrained vehicles they often coat the wheels in a powder substance to visually observe the path taken, similar to a talcum powder.

Now that they have been testing for a while after initial clearance testing, i bet they are using it to test repeatability and precision of the selected program (path)

Additionally, i definitely could of accepted some better theming to the road i agree.
Take a lesson from Kilimanjaro Safaris UC come on.

Lets hope thats still in the works.

Some damage to the "Canvas Roof" Even if minor would be great. There are going to be multiple action going over us if we are to see kong on both sides(like in 360 at Hollywood) so some physical give to the canvas would add a ton for the experience.

Or perhaps the canvas houses some sort of physical 4D effects for us as well.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I'm not buying this either. There are huge stores and shops with their doors propped wide open all day long at Universal not to mention the attractions. Do you have a good understanding of the air cooling systems used on these businesses? They aren't like whole home air conditioning systems at all.

Man. Okay, well, when you uncover the REAL reason why there is not a 40-foot open-air hole on the side of a building in Florida containing temperature/humidity-sensitive show control systems and dust/pollen-sensitive lenses (in a structure certified in 2015/2016 energy specifications), kindly let me know.

Being challenged when offering thoughtful/insightful posts is no fun and makes me not want to participate in this awesome community.

(And regarding open doors on merch shops, Disney has come under fire for this. I believe the Sentinel wrote about it. Leaving doors open is a huge waste of money and energy, but when they tried to close them, nobody entered the shops because they assumed they were closed. It’s an ongoing fight.)

Being challenged when offering thoughtful/insightful posts is no fun and makes me not want to participate in this awesome community.

(And regarding open doors on merch shops, Disney has come under fire for this. I believe the Sentinel wrote about it. Leaving doors open is a huge waste of money and energy, but when they tried to close them, nobody entered the shops because they assumed they were closed. It’s an ongoing fight.)

It's okay to be challenged. No one is disrespecting.

If Disney finds it more profitable for them to have their doors open all the time, let them do what is best. I think if the Kong show building entrance would've been an irregular shape, like maybe a broken through wall, it would've looked better. But I'm just nitpicking at this point.

You know there's nothing viable to complain about the ride when "The road is too flat!" is a topic of discussion

By what it looks like so far, it shouldn't look like perfectly paved concrete. It's supposed to be in a jungle in the early 1900s. It is minor but considering it's the only outdoor portion, it should be perfect.

By what it looks like so far, it shouldn't look like perfectly paved concrete. It's supposed to be in a jungle in the early 1900s. It is minor but considering it's the only outdoor portion, it should be perfect.

I'm gonna be honest, it's something I will never, ever notice on the ride.

Plus, for all we know it needs to be fairly flat for the ride system

Man. Okay, well, when you uncover the REAL reason why there is not a 40-foot open-air hole on the side of a building in Florida containing temperature/humidity-sensitive show control systems and dust/pollen-sensitive lenses (in a structure certified in 2015/2016 energy specifications), kindly let me know.

Now now. Do you know how many times I have been corrected on this site for my incorrect observations? The good news is that I want the truth and the details surrounding that truth. I love to learn new stuff so I just let the corrections roll off me.

I challenged you because I was kinda hoping that you had more knowledge of the details than I and could correct me.

Backstory to this is that I asked a friend and big-build contractor years ago how they could leave the doors wide open on both ends of the large Islands of Adventure Trading Company store. That is when I learned of water-cooled HVAC systems used on large businesses. They are much more expensive to install than air-cooled, yet far less expensive to run.

Could this be why they haven't themed the vehicle path yet? to ensure the consistency of the vehicle's travel? Just a thought.....

I noticed that too and it's incredible. I wonder if the path will start to wear away after years of use like stone steps.