MSHI Expansion? | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmmmm so either you know more Potter is possibly coming or just a general statement.
If they do I would love a replacement of Poseidons Fury with Chamber of Secrets.

Well Universal has already let the cat out of the bag during Media rounds at Diagon's opening. Creative basically said "We have ideas for Phase 3".

We've heard rumors, but nothing concrete. It can go to USF, IOA, or save it for the rumored 3rd park - but it's coming.

Plus, I don't think JK would sign off on something that is so spacially off. In other words, anything that happens in the castle would have to be in or at least adjacent to the castle.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yeah. There is a point where you have just an elaborate place to look at rather than a land that remains exciting for 90 percent of your audience.

Forbidden Journey represents Chamber and Forbidden Forest as does the outside queue area touches on the nearby area with the Ford Angela.

I would use Hagrid's Hut as another example, sure, they could have an indoor meet and greet experience where you have a lot of critters to encounter but the set piece in the queue and Hippogriff represent's that area and character and excites the masses.

Reactions: Ashleycdg
Yeah. There is a point where you have just an elaborate place to look at rather than a land that remains exciting for 90 percent of your audience.

Forbidden Journey represents Chamber and Forbidden Forest as does the outside queue area touches on the nearby area with the Ford Angela.

I would use Hagrid's Hut as another example, sure, they could have an indoor meet and greet experience where you have a lot of critters to encounter but the set piece in the queue and Hippogriff represent's that area and character and excites the masses.

I think there's more to explore when it comes to the Forbidden Forest, but not the Chamber

But there's really nothing else to the Chamber? It's just a cave with a demon snake in it.
I would just build a chamber experience off the Fury backbone. Could easily replace the video with the fight against the snake and everything. Was just an idea on how to make a quick switch.

One of the main reasons I love OU is that I can trust this site & what BriMan has to say. It seems like it's endemic to the theme park genre, but almost all of the theme park oriented web sites (with the exception of a very few), blogs, dish broadcasts etc. are run by people that are big B.S. , even the ones with the biggest "so called reputations". I have very little regard for what's said on most of these sites. I read the info mostly for the humorous rumors they start, and I'll throw it out here sometimes for discussion purposes, but more as a means for how outlandish the stuff is. Heck, anybody can make up stuff. ;)The photo sets are about the only things I have regard for:).............No wonder 90% of my online theme park time is spent on OU.

I've pretty much given up on screamscape and reddit since joining here. OU and the podcast, DisneyDish and the Park Scope podcast are the only things I read or listen to now. Plus this is a pretty nice place to be.

I'm thinking FB should be saved for park 3, as IMO I feel it needs to be separated from the other HP lands almost as much as DA and Hogsmeade should be. I'd say if LC does get replaced... it should either be a split between Hogsmeade and Seuss expansions, a Nintendo expansion with Zelda/Pokemon, or something completely different like Land of Oz.

So many exciting options for Islands, with JPark, Seuss, Marvel, a possible replacement for Toon Lagoon...that makes me think Potter 3 should go to Universal Studios.

Completely wrong thread but whilst I'm here, could Dragons Challenge be enhanced with VR, or does the type of coaster it is make it too sickly?

An Iron Man flying coaster with VR? :eek: Just so exciting to see what path they take with this great park.

So many exciting options for Islands, with JPark, Seuss, Marvel, a possible replacement for Toon Lagoon...that makes me think Potter 3 should go to Universal Studios.

Completely wrong thread but whilst I'm here, could Dragons Challenge be enhanced with VR, or does the type of coaster it is make it too sickly?

An Iron Man flying coaster with VR? :eek: Just so exciting to see what path they take with this great park.
DC has such great capacity that I would doubt they'd slow that capacity down with VR. Universal needs all the capacity they can get. And short of DM (which was a redo) all their new attractions have been capacity monsters.

Reactions: Mike S and UAN17
I wonder what Universal has to do to convince Disney to allow them at least a new walk-around character? My understanding is that nothing can be added unless Disney gives it a thumbs up, and anything attraction, character lost cannot come back. Personally I can see a Mt. Crumpit ride within the next five years before we ever see a new Marvel ride.

I love the idea of VR on coasters and they don't seem to add any nausea from what I've read but ride capacity seems to take a massive hit and I don't think waiting 3x longer for the experience can be justified. Maybe in the future if a coaster is built specifically for it.

I love the idea of VR on coasters and they don't seem to add any nausea from what I've read but ride capacity seems to take a massive hit and I don't think waiting 3x longer for the experience can be justified. Maybe in the future if a coaster is built specifically for it.
Yeah, every review I've read seems to indicate load is very, very, slow.

I'm for all three of the rumored attractions but Jim Carey has to be involved with Mt. Crumpit for me. They can use their version of the Grinch but I hope they can work a deal with Jim to do the voice work.

Doom and Storm Force can go. Both can be rethemed to something else and moved to an area with space for them.

I still would like Pets to be in the Studios to be a part of a complete makeover to the front of the park with a physical set Minions family ride and space for future Iluminations attractions. I also still think it should be exclusive to USH.

Not a Potter fan but wouldn't care if they started Phase 3. You had to know it was coming and it would be a priority.

Last edited: