MSHI Expansion? | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The problem is that I just don't know how Universal would go about delivering a kick-ass, fast-paced, action-packed Avengers ride without dipping into its Spider-Man/Gringotts/etc. toolbox. I'd love to see a mostly practical ride experience (and if I had an unlimited and unrealistic budget, I'm confident I could armchair Imagineer one), but I'm sure that's likely not in the cards for this property.
How about some sort of interactive ride? IOA doesn't have one, and I could see animatronics of Ultron clones or something being relatively easy to make. The ride itself could be some sort of high-tech, more immersive version of MIB. Thoughts?

How about some sort of interactive ride? IOA doesn't have one, and I could see animatronics of Ultron clones or something being relatively easy to make. The ride itself could be some sort of high-tech, more immersive version of MIB. Thoughts?

That's one way to go. An interactive shooter-type ride that's more MIB than Toy Story Mania. And heck, they could make it trackless, too. The only concern would be doing it in a way that doesn't effectively render MIB obsolete.

Speaking of meet and greets, has there ever been a Hulk character out?

The idea of a 7ft person wearing a giant muscle suit in the Florida heat sounds unbearable.
Had to chime in and be contradictory - there was a Hulk Meet & Greet character used in summer 2000 and then again in 2003 when the Hulk movie opened. Both times it was only for about a month. It was the same suit design as used in the west coast's street shows. Unfortunately the Florida humidity wreaked havoc on the type of foam used on the suits and they soon became heavy with moisture, not to mention the smell.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 55
Universal dropping characters from MSHI doesn't mean that they lose the rights, so I could see the potential for Avengers to take over IOA and then down the road, the X-Men getting their own land in the third gate. I don't think it will happen, but I could see the potential for it.

Had to chime in and be contradictory - there was a Hulk Meet & Greet character used in summer 2000 and then again in 2003 when the Hulk movie opened. Both times it was only for about a month. It was the same suit design as used in the west coast's street shows. Unfortunately the Florida humidity wreaked havoc on the type of foam used on the suits and they soon became heavy with moisture, not to mention the smell.

I'm genuinely amazed at that. I thought it was just a photo of a statue at first.

I don't know how I ended up listening to this today but I wound up listening to the Orlando Now podcast with Jim Hill from about 3 years ago and they talk about Marvel in the parks for quite a bit. I thought it might be of interest to somebody although it is quite dated.