Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

It does, and I think it is a hint in part, to the kind of atmosphere enhancements we will be getting. Some official PR stuff specifically referenced laser effects. That one shot from within the tunnel kind of gives me great interest in the queue and launch tunnel's enhancements.

That concept art is from before Hulk was originally built years ago. I wouldn't use it as a reference to what they are doing now.

wasnt there something about removing/adding fog???

Cant remember which one it was

I don't remember there being fog in the tunnel. There was in the concept art however:
islands-17.jpg

There was fog after the loop before going under the bridge though at the start of the coaster.

Whether they'll do this again or not, I don't know. I know that a lot of the track fatigue was occurring there.

Wouldn't the fog travel down the tunnel?

Unless it's cold outside, and they use fluid-based fog, the fog will rise from the tunnel. If it's water vapor, it will stay lower and possibly even travel down the tunnel. Depends on the desired effect.

Water vapor isn't hot like atmospheric fog when it's released, it "hugs" the ground like CO2 or dry ice fog would but without the expense of either of those variables. I personally prefer fluid-based as it is thicker and typically has more hang time.

Descending fog could be a safety issue if it drops into the loading area. I'm sure there are fans or something they can use to push it back up the tunnel or something though.

Descending fog could be a safety issue if it drops into the loading area. I'm sure there are fans or something they can use to push it back up the tunnel or something though.

At that point it would no longer be mist, but liquid water, and it would drip down towards the station and start to pool everywhere. So it could definitely lead to some safety issues.

That concept art is from before Hulk was originally built years ago. I wouldn't use it as a reference to what they are doing now.

Not literally, I know this is Concept Art from the later phases or Project X, but one knows that no idea in the theme park industry ever truly dies. They are returning to this in some form.