Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
As much as I dislike Rockit there are a few things that would make the gimmick of music on a coaster so much better, so in a refurb this is what I would want.

• A bettered themed queue and concept
  • A different loading system, even if there has to be a line of trains stopped so you could choose before you load. For example. You are waiting at the air gates pre-boarding and there is a tablet or system in place to browse and choose songs with a countdown to let you know how much time you have left to browse and select. Thus no rushing when you sit down to ride.
  • The biggest one, better songs, more variety. The ride chose way too many 2008-2009 hits and just presumed people would still want to hear those songs 8 years later.

They need to do a hulk style refurb with even bigger changes on this pronto. It has too much potential not to
I HATE the theming. It fits no where. That entire front end needs a retheme but thats a different topic.

I'd like to see Rockit change to a Minions Coaster and that area change into a Minions Land. Unless Minions isn't deserving of a small land in itself.

Reactions: Joel
Waiting in that line is the bane of my existence. Seriously the most obnoxious safety video in the entire world. Every single time I wait in line for it, it stops working for a good 10 minutes too, it's not just me either it's everybody I know. God this ride blows lol

Waiting in that line is the bane of my existence. Seriously the most obnoxious safety video in the entire world. Every single time I wait in line for it, it stops working for a good 10 minutes too, it's not just me either it's everybody I know. God this ride blows lol
Just they other day they had to cycle every RV empty until they let someone on. We were in the express queue for about half hour!

Reactions: Cole
While I love the concept of Rockit, it was executed horrendously. First of all, the coaster itself is majorly flawed. It's only been open around seven years, yet it REQUIRES a Hulk-style refurb at this point in order to be rideable. The ride is simply painful. Why is it that Hulk, operating for 17 years, was still rideable, yet Rockit isn't? Yes, Hulk was getting rough, but nowhere near as migraine-inducing as Rockit. If it is redone, Uni should probably go with B&M for the replacement track. The second problem with the ride is that it's overall tacky as hell. This could fixed by simply dropping all of the tacky queue cartoons and replacing them with something more generic and less cringeworthy. /endrant.

I would've checked my e-mails.
Lol, when I first boarded, the screen was the login to windows live menu box. Then I x'ed that out, a volume button appeared, put that on maximum (though there was no music on my ride), then went to start menu ... then the coaster started, it remained on windows, so I could have done anything I wanted lol, but it probably would have been hard using that little screen while being bounced around.

I said this in an earlier posts but it's now rare whenever I get to be in a seat where I can pick my music. I've been on this ride a hundred times without music and it really shows how awful the ride is alone. It's main gimmick makes it a billion times better

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I said this in an earlier posts but it's now rare whenever I get to be in a seat where I can pick my music. I've been on this ride a hundred times without music and it really shows how awful the ride is alone. It's main gimmick makes it a billion times better
This was the first time I ever had it without music (I have had it where I could not select music, but never without) and I agree, it is definitely not the same.

Reactions: Cole