Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They haven't done anything new in the shop recently, which will also need to be finished. The downstairs of the station building isn't done and landscaping needs to be finished. I don't think any major work is ahead.
Thanks. It is a pitty they left this work so late, otherwise we could have had softs already.

The queue is still very much a work in progress. I'm kind of puzzled why it's taking so long to build since it's not THAT elaborately themed. The crews are working hard to get things done, but they will be lucky to be done by June 10th from what I've seen of it.

The queue is still very much a work in progress. I'm kind of puzzled why it's taking so long to build since it's not THAT elaborately themed. The crews are working hard to get things done, but they will be lucky to be done by June 10th from what I've seen of it.
It is as if they approached it too linear, finish the ride, then the queue. Ironically, Cobra's Curse might open before Mako.

Perhaps they hired the same interior contractor that Universal hired for Kong. Spread workers too thin and try to work on numerous unconnected areas at once.

Reactions: GAcoaster
It is as if they approached it too linear, finish the ride, then the queue. Ironically, Cobra's Curse might open before Mako.
I thought that too. The ride has been ready for weeks now, it's just queue and that should have been the easiest part. I think Mako will still open before CC, but it's going to be close...

This morning, DBF and I got our tickets for the Mako Pass Member Preview Event on June 8th. There was a little bit of disorganization in the beginning, but once we got through the pass member lounge, everything was pretty quick. So excited!

If you didn't get a chance to go today, go tomorrow morning (Sunday the 22nd)! Only open to 500 more pass members.

This morning, DBF and I got our tickets for the Mako Pass Member Preview Event on June 8th. There was a little bit of disorganization in the beginning, but once we got through the pass member lounge, everything was pretty quick. So excited!

If you didn't get a chance to go today, go tomorrow morning (Sunday the 22nd)! Only open to 500 more pass members.
How busy was it? Would I have to be there right at 10, early, or can I get there later?

How busy was it? Would I have to be there right at 10, early, or can I get there later?

This gives you an idea of the crowds, somewhere in between 9:00 and 10:00. This is where the pass members were held before walking to the pass member lounge (photo courtesy of Thrillgeek on FB).

oeq3ZCe.jpg

We arrived at the park before the parking toll booths were open. They seemed to open around 8:35 - but they only opened a few lanes initially! So there was a lot of merging going on.

We were held behind a rope near Spice Mill until 10:00 (although 50 pass members somehow got through before us - I think this was before someone forgot to put a rope up, hehe). Then some leads walked with us to the pass member lounge, strictly enforcing the rule to walk behind the rope. THAT part was smooth, and people behaved. :)

All of that to say - get there early! :) By the time we left the park, there were A-frames at the front of the park saying that the Mako pass member event was sold out (and we left the park not long after we got our tickets).

Last edited:
I was planning to go yesterday but then decided against it, I am glad, because I hate waiting like that, my daughter would have hated having to wait like that as well. I might go to the grand opening though, for the rest, since they will have the early entry on Tuesdays, I don't think it will be hard to get to ride this. I am also thinking that the preview event will involve a lot of waiting. I still hope there will be softs the first week of June.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Just got home from a few hours at SeaWorld to pick up the preview pass. When I last was in the lounge a little after 1 they still hadn't gotten through the 500 allotment for the day. Don't know how close they were to being gone, but they weren't yet. Also, watched the Guy Harvey people setting up for his painting the next two days and watched the contractors painting the reef and rock work around the entrance area.

Lol, so I could have gone and gotten one without much hassle. Ah well, I'll just take advantage of the early entry, because the preview probably will be busy.

I booked it out of my house just before 9 when Attractions tweeted out that there was only about 100 people there for the Mako preview passes. Stupid me though didn't even think about getting to the park between 9 and 10 and the usual lines for the toll booths. Thought for sure I wouldn't make it before they ran out, power walked it back to the lounge to find there wasn't even a line and that my legs were on fire and I was already sweating for no good reason. :lol:

Thank goodness for AC and free drinks! I have a feeling they may well do a short soft open or two in the few days before the AP preview night, assuming they get the station and line where it needs to be. I was surprised that they weren't cycling it today, was hoping to catch a few runs.

Glad you were able to get your preview ride ticket, @maxairmike! I guess you got your cardio workout for the day. ;) Interesting how it wasn't as crazy the previous day.

@anihilnation: Yeah, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to ride on the early entry days. Plus, don't forget about your one-time quick queue that you can get on the pass member website. You can use it between June 11th and 30th.

Glad you were able to get your preview ride ticket, @maxairmike! I guess you got your cardio workout for the day. ;) Interesting how it wasn't as crazy the previous day.

@anihilnation: Yeah, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to ride on the early entry days. Plus, don't forget about your one-time quick queue that you can get on the pass member website. You can use it between June 11th and 30th.
Yes, definitely will get one of those quick queue tickets as well.

Reactions: Journey_On
Thanks for the reminder of the quick queue. Got mine lined up for June 19th. Summer nights have already started at that point so kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Reactions: Journey_On

Attachments

• IMG_20160524_1655114_rewind_kindlephoto-13993972.jpg
    IMG_20160524_1655114_rewind_kindlephoto-13993972.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20160524_1655363_rewind_kindlephoto-13783500.jpg
    IMG_20160524_1655363_rewind_kindlephoto-13783500.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20160524_1658398_rewind_kindlephoto-13579067.jpg
    IMG_20160524_1658398_rewind_kindlephoto-13579067.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20160524_1658253_rewind_kindlephoto-13668657.jpg