The Future of Wet 'n Wild | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think WnW is going to start testing the virtual queue/queue-less system soon? There are stands set up around some (all?) of the attraction entrances at the park. I don't know for sure, but based on the discussion earlier this year, it seems like a huge possibility.

I'd be interested to try this. My slight concern with it going into an existing park, particular one like Wet n Wild which was built 40 years, how will it handle the extra people who are no longer waiting in queues? That's going to be one extra busy wave pool and lazy river.

Reactions: Journey_On
Maybe not the whole thing with the water park but I think as a concept for a hotel area, it would have worked well. Especially looking out over the lagoon.

Maybe not the whole thing with the water park but I think as a concept for a hotel area, it would have worked well. Especially looking out over the lagoon.
A third island/beach based resort would be overkill for Universal. They already have two resorts with beachy themes (Royal Pacific/Sapphire Falls) now time to add something fresh.

Yea, and this aesthetic looks very similar to Sapphire as-is

Yea, and this aesthetic looks very similar to Sapphire as-is
I'd love to see a Hollywood-themed hotel, but I also think that a Wilderness-themed resort could be nice if they used enough space to make it immersive. Going from I-drive to a beautifully themed Wilderness Resort at the third gate could really create immersion.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Same thing I used at Dollywood Splash Country years ago.

18.ashx

So, are we under the impression that demo of Wet 'n Wild will happen sometime early next year? Just curious how long after New Years it will be until it all gets torn down.

I'm guessing they all (at least all worth saving) get sold off to other parks. Some of them may still have some life left to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.