The Future of Wet 'n Wild | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The construction work on Volcano Bay and the towers is supposed to be finished by March. It will be interesting to see if Universal get started quickly on demolition and clearing of Wet'n Wild. If so, then the crews from VB not working on the 6th hotel could head over and start on the the former WnW site.

The construction work on Volcano Bay and the towers is supposed to be finished by March. It will be interesting to see if Universal get started quickly on demolition and clearing of Wet'n Wild. If so, then the crews from VB not working on the 6th hotel could head over and start on the the former WnW site.

I'm curious to see how desperate they are to use the land.

Even if they don't start demolition instantly, I suspect that the whole parimeter will become a giant billboard for Volcano Bay.

Even if they don't start demolition instantly, I suspect that the whole parimeter will become a giant billboard for Volcano Bay.

I'd say demo should start right away. Every day that whatever hotels they build there aren't done is just money lost to other hotels. It's direct loss of income, unlike rides. If those are put off, it's not necessarily lost income.

Even if they don't plan on building immediately, I'd really expect demo to start as soon as possible. The crews that do that wouldn't be the ones that would be tied up building the other projects. There's money to be made on scrapping support structures and anything they are going to sell off. And getting it cleared out now also allows them to start building whenever they are ready to build.

I'd say demo should start right away. Every day that whatever hotels they build there aren't done is just money lost to other hotels. It's direct loss of income, unlike rides. If those are put off, it's not necessarily lost income.

Even if they don't plan on building immediately, I'd really expect demo to start as soon as possible. The crews that do that wouldn't be the ones that would be tied up building the other projects. There's money to be made on scrapping support structures and anything they are going to sell off. And getting it cleared out now also allows them to start building whenever they are ready to build.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a loss of income but a delay in improving their income. With the new CCBR towers opening soon and the 6th hotel starting construction, having 3 hotel jobs on the go at once, could be a gamble. I don't see anything but success for Universal but why risk it?

I think you're right though about the demolition, the sooner the better. It's going to have to be done at some point and with prices rising every where, the sooner the cheaper. Also, even just from a safety point of view. An abandoned water park could attract a lot of unwanted attention.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

I'd bet they'd tear the entire thing down and use the space as fast as possible and using the plot as a form of..holding area for the time being.

I would suspect that Infastructure is going to start in the next 1 to 2 years for the plot down near the OCCC so it would therotically make sense that they hold off plans for the Wet and Wild area for the time being. Hell, I could see them using the parking lot as an overflow space if they need too, and have buses take guests from that parking lot to the transportation hub at UONorth.

This is posted inside the park, right next to the tribute to George Millay:

yNmNFacl.jpg

Sign already coming down. Universal may move fairly quick to get this gone.

Attachments

• wetnwildsign.jpg
    wetnwildsign.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.