The Future of Wet 'n Wild | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal WASTES NO TIME.
This reminds me of my favorite song from Hamilton, "Wait For It":

Hamilton faces an endless uphill climb
He has something to prove
He has nothing to lose
Hamilton's pace is relentless
he wastes no time
What is it like in his shoes?
Hamilton doesn't hesitate.
He exhibits no restraint.
He takes and he takes and he takes
and he keeps winning anyway.
He changes the game.
He plays and he raises the stakes.

I'd be curious of Aqua Drag and Blastaway being sold off or reused at the Beijing Waterpark (which has been somewhat leaked by plans coming out); but i'd expect a lot of the slides to be in the rip.tear.kill situation due to the amount of years that those slides have been at the park; with the potential of corrosion, wear, and tear in the sense of a lot of the slides.
It's possible, although I would see them most likely being sold off to a park in North America. The older slides I think are just scrap.

He has nothing to lose
he wastes no time
He changes the game.
That actually summarizes Universal's last 6 years very well.

Reactions: Nick

He has nothing to lose
he wastes no time
He changes the game.

Let's hope that Universal doesn't get killed off by the Arron Burr equivalent to theme parks..

It's possible, although I would see them most likely being sold off to a park in North America. The older slides I think are just scrap.

It'll be interesting regardless to see what they do in the demolition period.

Last edited:
Reactions: WAJAS and Nick
I'm expecting that we'll see the former WnW parking lot filling up with construction workers and materials fast. They are just out of room at the main property and need to start staging more stuff over there for all the projects they've got brewing at once.

I will be curious to see if the slides are carefully disassembled because someone is buying some of them or if they just rip them down and send them to the scrap heap.

This makes sense for the new hotel as the current lot was used as the construction yard for SF and it's close enough.

If they didn't resell the old Hulk track and cars, I can't see them reselling these. I'd expect whatever company they hired to scrap this stuff to come in quickly.

I remember that. It got me thinking, if I square is going to be nearly 500 ft., I wonder if Universal builds a tower hotel or resort, how high they would be willing to build up.

How high could they go up?
Personally speaking, I'm hoping that what I thought of earlier in the year comes somewhat into fruition for the WNW plot and the parking area..which, I remind that it's here.

That's awesome! That's how I imagine the area being.

If this does end up being a large resort complex, I'm hoping they keep a couple of the newer slides to reuse for the pool. That would be a massive selling point.
"Yes, it's away from the parks, but it has these three slides"
Do something that really sets it apart- and the cost would be minimal.

Additionally, I wouldn't be heartbroken if Universal entered a small timeshare game. I highly, highly doubt it- but I'd consider buying as long as it isn't insane DVC pricing.

Reactions: Joel
If this does end up being a large resort complex, I'm hoping they keep a couple of the newer slides to reuse for the pool. That would be a massive selling point.
"Yes, it's away from the parks, but it has these three slides"
Do something that really sets it apart- and the cost would be minimal.

Additionally, I wouldn't be heartbroken if Universal entered a small timeshare game. I highly, highly doubt it- but I'd consider buying as long as it isn't insane DVC pricing.

That's an interesting point as a timeshare does seem like the next evolutionary step.

The original grand plan for IOA had timeshares.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I don't think we'll see timeshare until either Universal purchases Loews or otherwise gives them the boot.
Or they partner...

But them holding onto some of the newer slides for the resort should be a no brainer. That'd make a lot of "value" families choose it over cabana bay.

Honestly I kind of hope they keep things the way they are. Loews running the hotels while they run the parks is perfect. This is one of the biggest problems with WDW, they have become a hotel/time share company first and theme park company second. Universal should keep their focus on the parks.

Honestly I kind of hope they keep things the way they are. Loews running the hotels while they run the parks is perfect. This is one of the biggest problems with WDW, they have become a hotel/time share company first and theme park company second. Universal should keep their focus on the parks.
I agree. Loew's is one of the best hotel operators in the business. Their business relationship with Universal at the resort is a partnership already. And I'd hate to see the room stock watered down by timeshares.....There's different operating partnerships.....CBBR isn't a Loew's branded resort. It's only managed by them. Hard Rock, which dates back to the RANK group that owned it & partnered with Universal on the resort, has a separate operating contract between Loew's/Universal/Hard Rock. Portofino, Royal Pacific, Sapphire have similar operating agreements and are Loew's branded resorts. You can only use the Loew's rewards program (You First) at Portofino, Royal Pacific & Sapphire. So there's a hodgepodge of business partnerships already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W.
Status
Not open for further replies.