The Future of Wet 'n Wild | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm looking at a different room or something then. There's the parking thing that is a factor though.
Parking resort fee only adds $12 a night (if you have a car, nothing if you don't). That still takes it way under the Disney suites, and Disney doesn't really have a high percentage of value or moderate suites . Plus, at CBBR, you get discounts for booking 4 to 7 days. The Standard rooms are even less, but unlike the Disney Values & even Moderates, CBBR is mostly suites at those really great prices. When we've all been referring to CBBR as equal to a Disney moderate or more, we're not referring to the price, we're referring to amenities and the upscale look & feel of the resort. The only thing remotely value about it is it's value price structure. As I said in my above post, I have 4 days there this May for $135 a night for a suite and I had a suite previously during non peak season for $89 a night. Those prices are for real, I didn't make them up. Of course, like anywhere else, if you want a room during peak holidays, you'll always pay more everywhere.It's really a great hotel for it's price. And this is coming from one who usually stays at Portofino and is accustomed to that very upscale resort......CBBR is also very successful. A Comcast/Universal Executive stated two months ago that CBBR is booked full nearly every weekend of the year.

Last edited:
Disney building the value resorts helped sustain large attendance gains. Universal needs to build a true value resort and they need to make it Yuge.

Cabana Bay IS huge and has prices below a Disney Moderate more often than not. I don't think anything else they build should be below the quality they have with Cabana. Disney's value resorts are an embarrassment

I think UNI is still learning about their overnight guest. I think folks around here have mentioned that they've been surprised by the success of CBBR. I was talking to someone my last time up there who told me they were hoping to average a rate of around $89 for a nightly rate at Cabana...I was curious about Memorial Day weekend, nothing there on a discount and the nightly rate I was overhead was a good point north of $200 a night.

I've seen All-Stars upward of $200 a night. It depends on the time of year.

Reactions: JungleSkip
I guess whoever runs that twitter has never seen a tanker truck before?

There's not really anything unusual about a tanker truck pulling into a water park after hours... likely just for pool chemicals or some other overnight maintenance tasks.
Somebody should tweet back and say they are already preparing to move all the water of wet n wild to volcano bay :)

Thinking we may have to do this. The girls have never been and it's been ages for me.

Is it currently more "family friendly" than it used to be?

The property right next to WnW (at the corner where The Storm is), is that Uni's property? Just curious because there is currently some work going on there.

Thinking we may have to do this. The girls have never been and it's been ages for me.

Is it currently more "family friendly" than it used to be?

I would say that it's pretty family friendly. :) Blastaway Beach is a great kids' play area. And there are a good number of multi-person rides - although, be sure to check the height requirements.

Reactions: MrRoamer
Thanks for the response. I was trying to be politically correct with "family friendly" in quotes.

Is Wet N Wild still ghetto?
Ghetto? Well of All the Water Parks it's the cheapest and easiest to access, so by that definition yes. It's only because Water Mania closed long time ago. So Wet N Wild then became the cheapest lol.

Ghetto? Well of All the Water Parks it's the cheapest and easiest to access, so by that definition yes. It's only because Water Mania closed long time ago. So Wet N Wild then became the cheapest lol.
Cheap doesn't necessarily mean ghetto though. I know once Water Mania closed it got a lot worse, but I thought I had heard since Universal officially took it over that it had gotten better.
Wondering since the we will have the new baby and can't do our normal stay-cation so I want the girls to be able to do something different. On the bright side, Universal went back to more of their old black out schedule so the studios will always be an option.

Thanks for the response. I was trying to be politically correct with "family friendly" in quotes.

Is Wet N Wild still ghetto?

You're welcome! Ahhh, gotcha. ;) That went right over my head.

Cheap doesn't necessarily mean ghetto though. I know once Water Mania closed it got a lot worse, but I thought I had heard since Universal officially took it over that it had gotten better.
Wondering since the we will have the new baby and can't do our normal stay-cation so I want the girls to be able to do something different. On the bright side, Universal went back to more of their old black out schedule so the studios will always be an option.

Since UOR took over the ownership of WnW, there definitely have been a lot of changes, park-wide.

While WnW is definitely the most locals-type park of all the water parks in Orlando, they still see a LOT of guests from all over the US and world-wide. I know it's a vague response, but I was trying to be as objective as possible. :)

I think WnW is going to start testing the virtual queue/queue-less system soon? There are stands set up around some (all?) of the attraction entrances at the park. I don't know for sure, but based on the discussion earlier this year, it seems like a huge possibility.

Reactions: Scott W.
I think WnW is going to start testing the virtual queue/queue-less system soon? There are stands set up around some (all?) of the attraction entrances at the park. I don't know for sure, but based on the discussion earlier this year, it seems like a huge possibility.
I heard about those going up this past month. I think they may be seeing how the system tests under pressure during the crowds this summer.

Reactions: Journey_On
Status
Not open for further replies.