The State of Epcot | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be honest, I prefer going to DHS over Epcot and DAK. The only rides I really enjoy at DAK are the safari and Everest, as well as the Lion King, Nemo, and Bug's Life shows. There's very little that I care about enough to ride at Epcot anymore. DHS meanwhile has Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Muppets, and Fantasmic, all of which I really enjoy. Yeah, it's a huge mess, but it at least has some decent attractions in its current lineup.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm OK with it. I'm not one that's too picky with theme as long as it's a big improvement.

This is me. Now the IP itself, I am not into. But the more I hear about it, I think I will end up loving it.

I also think outside of Chester and Hester AK is a really good park. First time families with kids it is a full day park for them. It is people without kids and people who go their often that it is not a full day park.

I also think outside of Chester and Hester AK is a really good park. First time families with kids it is a full day park for them. It is people without kids and people who go their often that it is not a full day park.
This is a good point. The trouble with AK is that much of it is not worth repeating every visit.

Who needs new attractions when you can do this to increase attendance? I posted this in Attendance Decline, but it also seemed relevant here.

There's just no limit to WDW's generosity. They love their customers no end. Next thing you know they'll be giving out 1% discounts on theme park tickets, and let you get a walk up seat to a sit down restaurant that's half empty. Well, there go those big Executive bonuses.

I do believe this is the first time I have seen a WDW freebie tied to multiple visits. It is cheap to do, adds to attendance and helps to make AP holders happy. Clever.
I actually really like that idea! I've always thought it would be fun if the theme parks did some sort of rewards program with different things at various numbers of visits.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
Don't get me wrong. If I still held a WDW AP I would go there. I want it. I'm just impressed at how clever the promotion is. Pass holders are more likely to spend money at multiple visits to food and wine than possibly any place else at WDW. Giving them an extra reason to come multiple times is sheer genius.

Universal could learn a thing or two from this promotion.

I do believe this is the first time I have seen a WDW freebie tied to multiple visits. It is cheap to do, adds to attendance and helps to make AP holders happy. Clever.
Nope, they've been doing this at F&W (Wine Glasses in the past) and F&G (they give out artistic prints with Fab 5) for the past 2-3 years now. I have much of the stuff myself.

Reactions: jtsalien
Nope, they've been doing this at F&W (Wine Glasses in the past) and F&G (they give out artistic prints with Fab 5) for the past 2-3 years now. I have much of the stuff myself.
For the record I said it was the first time I had seen it. Someone earlier mentioned it had been done before and I acknowledged that fact. I have prints from years ago during my AP days but I only had to show up the one time.

For the record I said it was the first time I had seen it. Someone earlier mentioned it had been done before and I acknowledged that fact. I have prints from years ago during my AP days but I only had to show up the one time.
I wasn't saying you were "wrong" as much as simply correcting. And I didn't end up seeing that other post until after I had responded to your post.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
The art work you had to go 3 times (once in each month) to collect the whole set. I must have missed glasses in past years, but I will for sure be trying to get this!

so energy is closing and i keep hearing its gonna become a coaster.Which is really a bad fit for future world even if it does become a tron ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.