Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So... this person didn't like the ride.

So, one quote reads, "sure stupidity and cheesiness of this ".

If you're going to rant, use the correct words. "Sheer stupidity", not "sure". Unless it was meant to be "certain stupidity". Honestly, I make my own grammatical errors but this wasn't even a homonym. Now, this person appears to be boorish instead of providing insightful commentary.

Can someone explain in as much detail as possible exactly how the queue system for this works? I was under the assumption that when you come back for your scheduled return window, there would be a minimal wait, but now it appears there’s a rather extensive queue inside the building which people are raving about.

I thought the whole point of going “queueless” was avoiding having to wait at/in the attraction in the first place, but now it sounds like we’re waiting for a return time and then waiting a not-inconsiderable amount of time in the queue.

I was able to ride it tonight as well and I think it's a solid ride but definitely not something to right home about. The theater loading takes a very long time but that'll be worked out with time. I actually think the 3D is some of the best I've seen in an attraction so I have to give high praise for that. The queue is unique and different but can get really boring fast if you're in there to long but the Ragtime Gals show was great! Overall I'd give it a 7 / 10.

(Also, the theater is not cheap. It's designed to look like the actual audience seats in the Tonight Show. You can even see the real ones in the preshow video.)

As someone that's never really watched Fallon, I'd say that the ride is a mixed bag for me. Didn't laugh once during it, so in terms of humor I found it to be pretty underwhelming. Nowhere near as painfully unfunny as Sindbad, but less funny than Horror Make-Up, Simpsons, DMMM, and even Shrek. As far as a simulator ride, it's definitely the smoothest Universal has ever done - so that's a plus. It's a moderately thrilling experience, but the storyline doesn't really leave you particularly engaged with what's going on.

The main thing I like about the ride besides the lobby/waiting room is that it really brings a lot of energy back to the New York area overall (what with it being a ride that's actually set in New York) and its exterior looks great, especially at night.

Altogether, I give the attraction a 6/10 rating. Bleh simulator, but all the other aspects of it save the experience from being a complete dud, and it's definitely preferable to still having Twister around.

Can someone explain in as much detail as possible exactly how the queue system for this works? I was under the assumption that when you come back for your scheduled return window, there would be a minimal wait, but now it appears there’s a rather extensive queue inside the building which people are raving about.

I thought the whole point of going “queueless” was avoiding having to wait at/in the attraction in the first place, but now it sounds like we’re waiting for a return time and then waiting a not-inconsiderable amount of time in the queue.

You walk into the first room (museum) and get a colored ticket. They use the colors of the NBC peacock logo and go in order from left to right. When the room turns that color (about 10min for us) you proceed to the 2nd floor lobby. You wait here for a while (30min for us) and enjoy the video games, Ragtime Gals show, Hashtag the Panda and video clips. When the room turn your color again you go into a hallway and get your glasses while you wait to get into the preshow room. From there you go on the ride.

Orlando Informer did a partial review just now. They said great things about the queue. And they made a short statement on the ride . OI: "The ride's motion profile for now is very gentile. Sources familiar with the matter tell us it may be amped up prior to the ride's opening. The ride itself is very funny. Look for a full review once it opens on April 6"......I thought the comment on the motion possibly being changed upward was significant. OI also said that Universal did not use the virtual queue today..........Humor is probably one of the most subjective feelings out there. What makes one person laugh may not elicit anything from a second person. So I would think the humor aspect is something people will be somewhat divided on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol

So right now due it being softs and only 1 theater open, the virtual aspect isn't working yet. They will turn that on when the 2nd theater is ready to go. Basically, everyone waited today as if they had express.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully once things are fully operational, we don't really end up waiting 40+ minutes (not counting actual preshow) inside that building. Seems like that would defeat the purpose of a virtual queue; I have a feeling most guests would not react kindly to that much of a wait after having to schedule a return to the attraction, no matter how interest the stuff inside the queue is.

Reactions: Andysol
Was the soundtrack for the ride good? After what I've been hearing that is one of the only things that I have hope for.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully once things are fully operational, we don't really end up waiting 40+ minutes (not counting actual preshow) inside that building. Seems like that would defeat the purpose of a virtual queue; I have a feeling most guests would not react kindly to that much of a wait after having to schedule a return to the attraction, no matter how interest the stuff inside the queue is.

It's no different than a ride pre-shows on potter though except this one you actually do things rather than just stand and watch a video.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Humor is the hardest thing for a ride. It's just so subjective that it's impossible to please everyone. But if they do amp up the movement, I feel like that would make it much better. And yeah, I don't know why that guy was saying the theater was cheap, I mean, that's literally how the studio theater looks. Lmao. He probably thinks soarin' theater is amazing lmao