Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So right now due it being softs and only 1 theater open, the virtual aspect isn't working yet. They will turn that on when the 2nd theater is ready to go. Basically, everyone waited today as if they had express.

So there are actually 2 theaters? I thought that was only rumor but is it now confirmed? Also, if 2 theaters are operational what would we think the 'targeted' wait time on each floor will be once all things are running smooth? Do we know if each color is one ride cycle worth of people? Curious how often the live entertainment will perform and how many variations there will be of the performances.

Won't ride until September but I must say it looks like Universal is really on to something with the waiting areas. Appears to be very straight forward with very little waiting once your color is called. Even at Dumbo at MK once your pager goes off there is still a 'boring' wait for the actual ride of 10-15 minutes in the heat. I think Universal is doing a great job of taking what Disney does first and making it better.

im wondering what peoples expectations were? if its minions for adults im good
it replaces Twister for goodness sakes

In isolation of course it's better. As part of the whole though...

Twister was different, albeit a worse attraction purely by comparison.

It seems painfully like a series of altogether too similar attractions in a row. Every individual item on the menu is slowly being improved, but they just keep serving the same dish.

No problem with C/D-tickets, Universal needs way more of them. Just wish they tried something different.

In isolation of course it's better. As part of the whole though...

Twister was different, albeit a worse attraction purely by comparison.

It seems painfully like a series of altogether too similar attractions in a row. Every individual item on the menu is slowly being improved, but they just keep serving the same dish.

No problem with C/D-tickets, Universal needs way more of them. Just wish they tried something different.
Yes, one of the major reasons everyone is looking forward to Nintendo. Something different for sure.

It's no different than a ride pre-shows on potter though except this one you actually do things rather than just stand and watch a video.

I get that, but then what's the benefit to the guest of the scheduled return time?

And I understand it's hard to have this conversation when only one theater was open and Universal wasn't even running the virtual queue system.

I get that, but then what's the benefit to the guest of the scheduled return time?

And I understand it's hard to have this conversation when only one theater was open and Universal wasn't even running the virtual queue system.
I don't think there's any "benefit". You didn't purchase Express pass.

However, there is a slight convenience in knowing what time to show back up to Fallon and that you have an automatic place in line waiting for you... maybe catch a few rides in the mean time. Or just hang out at Finn's :thumbsup:

(It also help's Universal as the reservation aspect allows Universal to account for what to expect. Over time they should get some good numbers on the % that don't show back up too, which will make their predictions more accurate)

Reactions: Alicia and Mad Dog
Do you think the TMs will care if I just hang out in the pre show rooms past when my color is called? I'm thinking I'd love to spend some time looking through the bottom floor museum and the second floor shows.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Do you think the TMs will care if I just hang out in the pre show rooms past when my color is called? I'm thinking I'd love to spend some time looking through the bottom floor museum and the second floor shows.
You'll screw them over for their ride count that they are expecting (you are a part of an analytical expectation).

However, you could always just wait until your color comes back around again. But you could be adding quite a bit of time onto your wait by doing so.

So in the video, I see a temporary wait time stand at the beginning of the video... is there a place for a permanent wait time board or no?

Nope, since technically there is no "wait". Once the 2nd theater opens, that board should go away and the virtual pass machines will taketh over.

Love the pre shows from the samples we can see. And, probably the most innovative way I've ever seen the physical restrictions done. Funny as all hell. The pre shows are an attraction unto itself. Looks like lots of fun. Like WAJAS 98 said, I'd like to just hang out in that area for a while.

Nope, since technically there is no "wait". Once the 2nd theater opens, that board should go away and the virtual pass machines will taketh over.
But there will be a wait still if you have to wait on the first floor and then on the second floor. I still see this as a solid 30-40 minute wait minimum. Whether I have the ride "booked" or not, i'd still rather know how long i'm going to waste before committing to it.

But there will be a wait still if you have to wait on the first floor and then on the second floor. I still see this as a solid 30-40 minute wait minimum.
Kind of like the old time Universal Studio attractions. That's one thing I liked about the past effects shows. They were all nice 30 minute slices of entertainment instead of just a quick 4 minute ride.

Kind of like the old time Universal Studio attractions. That's one thing I liked about the past effects shows. They were all nice 30 minute slices of entertainment instead of just a quick 4 minute ride.
I'm sure tourists/vacationers will love that aspect as it is atypical of what you expect out of a theme park queue. As a local, I just want to get on the damn ride :lol:

But there will be a wait still if you have to wait on the first floor and then on the second floor. I still see this as a solid 30-40 minute wait minimum. Whether I have the ride "booked" or not, i'd still rather know how long i'm going to waste before committing to it.

There's only a wait right now because no one is using the virtual queue pass. There is no stagnation between times. It's people coming in when they come in. When the virtual queue finally kicks in, the wait will be reduced greatly. Can't really gauge what the real time will be until then. Since there is no actual "wait", they can't really give you a time.

There's only a wait right now because no one is using the virtual queue pass. There is no stagnation between times. It's people coming in when they come in. When the virtual queue finally kicks in, the wait will be reduced greatly. Can't really gauge what the real time will be until then. Since there is no actual "wait", they can't really give you a time.
I guess i'll wait to see how it turns out with the virtual queue, but until then i'm skeptical that there won't be any sort of wait. It just seems like there's too many things going against it that will force a wait no matter what.