Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess i'll wait to see how it turns out with the virtual queue, but until then i'm skeptical that there won't be any sort of wait. It just seems like there's too many things going against it that will force a wait no matter what.
Yeah, I think you're right. Though it'll probably be a little less once the virtual queue & second theater starts up.

I would be thrilled with this being close to a 30 minute experience once inside. It would help make-up for the loss of Disaster (25 minutes) and Twister (12 minutes) with pre-shows. Hell, even the loss of Beetlejuice too. It's not just about the ride and Universal especially never has been.

But once you're on, has anyone timed the ride? Is it about 4 minutes?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Either way, i'm slightly excited by the fact that Universal's entertainment team got it's act together for this project unlike many other recent attempts (looking at you, food truck rappers).

The ride may not be the best, but the rest of the package (facade, queue, TM costumes, entertainment, etc) seems top notch. So while I may not be over the moon for this ride, it's something that is easily replaceable and seems like it should be a good experience.

I do think Shrek or T2 need to go sooner than later though to remove a 3D attraction from the roster.

Reactions: Clive and 12th Man
It's not something you're supposed to laugh at imo. I've never laughed at the Ragtime Gals on Fallon... and they're one of my favorite parts of his show.

Yeah, it's musical entertainment.

I don't find that entertaining. I just found myself thinking, wtf is this. The Dapper Dans over at Magic Kingdom I find entertaining, but not 5 dudes singing to Drake. I know its subjective but that's my opinion. It's just awkward.

The number of people sitting on the floor in the first holding area troubles me.

As for exhibits and holding areas - you realize this is a moving version of One Man's Dream that just allows the waiting groups to mingle since it has a smaller theater, right?

I don't find that entertaining. I just found myself thinking, wtf is this. The Dapper Dans over at Magic Kingdom I find entertaining, but not 5 dudes singing to Drake. I know its subjective but that's my opinion. It's just awkward.

People who aren't fans of the Fallon tonight show are definitely not going to find much to enjoy after leaving the first floor.

So....some people like to hear barbershop quartet versions of popular music rather than old timey music. They also did fifth harmony and based on the video I saw many people enjoyed that.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So.. how will the queue actually work in the end?

Where does Express go? And which parts do they wait in?

And then the virtual queue..? Gets time, wanders park, comes back, and is cycled on in a relatively short period of time via the color changes..? I assume filling the spots left over from Express?

The hashtag panda (did not enjoy btw) and then ragtime gals (did not enjoy) and the jimmy at Diagon (why...?) make for a fairly long show cycle for that area.

Are you supposed to just see part of it or are you probably going to see it all?

So....some people like to hear barbershop quartet versions of popular music rather than old timey music. They also did fifth harmony and based on the video I saw many people enjoyed that.

To Jimmy's credit (and this is rare for me, I don't find be him funny at all) he and his posse on the real show are decent singers.

The ones in the lobby were.. surprisingly subpar. Celestina sings and is great and many of the Hogwarts students are good too.

I guess i'll wait to see how it turns out with the virtual queue, but until then i'm skeptical that there won't be any sort of wait. It just seems like there's too many things going against it that will force a wait no matter what.

Well even then, still no way to tell. Seems like they hand out 72 color tickets to 72 people. What comprises those 72 people can vary. It could be 25% Express, could be 50% people showing up as soon as their time is ready, and 25% can be people who are at the end of their return time. Any of those percentages can change, meaning the actual wait can be vastly different for each color.

I got a blue ticket and my color came up 2 min later - I chose to stay behind because I hadn't seen the museum. That decision made my possible 20 min exp into 55.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
People who aren't fans of the Fallon tonight show are definitely not going to find much to enjoy after leaving the first floor.
Well, I certainly don't consider myself a fan of Fallon (I'm more Colbert, Jon Oliver and Bill Maher... so I guess you can tell I like political comedy), but I do know a lot of Fallon's bits and I don't really mind what the second floor offers.

Now if you're a staunch Fallon hater, then yeah, that second floor is gonna be your personal hell.