Disneyland Resort | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Star Tours addition is JUST for this SotF only and will strip the ride of its randomization for the season. Every ride is Falcon, Jakku, BB8, Naboo. This is due to ST2 usually taking place between PT and OT. I guess Jar Jar is super old (you'd think they would use the more timeless Coruscant instead), but whatever.
Not true, the only scenes that are not randomized are the Jakku (middle) and BB-8. The opening is still random and the finale scene is still random. I've gotten the Stormtrooper opening, and Coruscant finales at various times.

From what I was told by one of my friends back in Orlando who rode Star Tours twice and got Coruscant both times said that they had something different each time. So it seems like we now have alternate versions of the existing finales. Not sure if this is the case for us here, but seeing as we have an alternate Naboo ending, I'm going to say ours also features different versions too. If anyone wants to take a few spins on Star Tours to confirm this, it'd be much appreciated :)

Very random question.... I'm purchasing a Disneyland pass for the first time (life time universal pass holder) and I had a quick question.. I'm getting the So Cal Select pass and I wanted to know if I bought the pass at the park on a day that the SoCal pass was blocked out, would they allow me to go in the park on that day? I know universal did that for me one time but I don't know if Disneyland is different.
Hi, if you buy the pass on a day that it's blocked out, you should be able to get an exception ticket from the ticket kiosks that will let you in.

Not true, the only scenes that are not randomized are the Jakku (middle) and BB-8. The opening is still random and the finale scene is still random. I've gotten the Stormtrooper opening, and Coruscant finales at various times.
Yeah I've seen this in different vids. Apparently it was like that just for the media.

The new Naboo actually smacks you into Jar Jar. Talk about fanservice!

Well, I had the misfortune of being sucked into going to Disney yesterday. What a nightmare it was with crowds. Everything was two hours and all of the rides I got in line for broke down mid way in. Very frustrating experience in that area. I didn't want to go at this time, but that's what happens when your folks pressure you into it. Never. Again.

I will say that the employees and customer service was excellent. The employees were helpful in some areas and they offered free admission to DCA after 2PM with the purchase of a one day/one park ticket. I think it's great for Disney to do that and shows that they know how to run a business. Smart way to spread out the crowds.

Disney is amazing with their customer service, even during the absolute madness that is the end of the year/holidays. I didn't get much done in terms of attractions when I went a few days ago but I had such a wonderful time. It was amazing and bittersweet doing Aladdin and Soarin.

Well, I had the misfortune of being sucked into going to Disney yesterday. What a nightmare it was with crowds. Everything was two hours and all of the rides I got in line for broke down mid way in. Very frustrating experience in that area. I didn't want to go at this time, but that's what happens when your folks pressure you into it. Never. Again.

I will say that the employees and customer service was excellent. The employees were helpful in some areas and they offered free admission to DCA after 2PM with the purchase of a one day/one park ticket. I think it's great for Disney to do that and shows that they know how to run a business. Smart way to spread out the crowds.
If you ever encounter this situation go to guest services. I have been given complimentary tickets for bad experiences. Experiences such as many rides broken down. Last time i went on Dec. 23rd, everything was awesome. Fewer crowds than I expected.

Well, I tried to go to Disneyland yesterday on the last day before my pass expired. Instead I got it very very unpleasant experience.

As soon as I approach the parking structure around two in the afternoon, I noticed the parking structures barricaded off by police. They had signs up directing everybody to Pumba and Toy Story lots. The traffic was ridiculous of course. So I drive all the way down to the lots that the signs are directing people to and guess what? The lots are full!!! So I drive around and try to see if there's any parking spaces from Disney, but to no avail. I wasted about an hour and a half doing this and circling back

Well, I tried to go to Disneyland yesterday on the last day before my pass expired. Instead I got it very very unpleasant experience.

As soon as I approach the parking structure around two in the afternoon, I noticed the parking structures barricaded off by police. They had signs up directing everybody to Pumba and Toy Story lots. The traffic was ridiculous of course. So I drive all the way down to the lots that the signs are directing people to and guess what? The lots are full!!! So I drive around and try to see if there's any alternative parking spaces from Disney, but to no avail. Hotel parking wouldn't give any compensation. Keep in mind, this had nothing to do with capacity. He park was at normal crowd levels. I wasted about an hour and a half doing this and circling back. Eventually, I just gave up and went home.

Quite honestly I'm still fuming about experience from yesterday, and I can't believe that I couldn't go because of something as stupid as not finding parking (Which has never been a problem) I really feel like Disney did little to nothing to offer any alternative to this solution. Waste of gas. Waste of time. To have this happen on the day before I let my pass expire is a HUGE disappointment to me as I have never in my life encountered a problem like this from them. :( :( :(

^ Next time you find yourself in a situation like that, park at the Fullerton Amtrak/Metrolink Station or Fullerton Park and Ride Lot and take the bus to the park.  Parking is free at both locations and the parking at the Fullerton Amtrak Station is in a brand new parking structure!

Before I had a Premium pass I would always park at one of those two locations to avoid the parking fee and the cluster farfanoogin that is Disneyland parking.

Reactions: Allia
I'm surprised you weren't directed to other lots or other locations, like the Angels Stadium, convention parking, or the metro station, etc. Sorry you had that experience. You should email exactly what you posted here but to Disney guest relations and I'm sure they'll try to compensate you.

I had a great time at Disney World and Universal. I really hope to go back soon! I really did like the My Magic+ system, but I don't know why others don't. It is fast, easy, helpful, and saves lots of time. I'm guessing that there is sometimes issues with the system which can ruin someones entire trip, but that is probably very rare. And if you are one of those people that hate it and love the DLR for having classic fast passes and not planning your meal over 60 days in advanced, i'm sorry.... I was crazy enough to go to Disneyland and California Adventure (the day after getting back from WDW) to see what versions of rides I like better, and I stumbled upon this at California Adventure-

23637521293_616751d4c7_k.jpg

Yay?!! Don't know if the reader worked (should have tried Apple Pay -_- ) but I asked about it. The woman working at the cart, which was located across from the GRR entrance, was a little bit older and less tech savvy and said that she didn't really know anything about magic bands. I showed her mine, she seemed to like it.

This could be the future of the DLR, or they just ran out of normal registers and had to send one from WDW :p

All registers currently made for stateside Disney parks have MB RFID tech built into it for the possible chance TDA/Iger decides to bring MM-Plus or even just Magic Bands to DLR.

Currently MyMagic is not due to arrive in Anaheim, but I would not be surprised if Magic Band tech eventually arrives as an optional thing (with the Fastpass system remaining the same)... it seems like something locals would eat up. I'm shocked they haven't already done it IMO. It would be a huge money maker and would ease up front gate access lines at least.

Reactions: Aaron and 12th Man
Yeah, the resort constantly struggles with parking on really busy days. They really need to invest in their parking, it's a hassle when the only way in and out of a resort from a parking lot is through a tram. They're going to have to do something by the time Star Wars Land opens, they've had the Pumbaa lot marked for a parking structure for years already.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Next time you find yourself in a situation like that, park at the Fullerton Amtrak/Metrolink Station or Fullerton Park and Ride Lot and take the bus to the park.  Parking is free at both locations and the parking at the Fullerton Amtrak Station is in a brand new parking structure!
Heeeey that's not a bad idea. I may consider that next time I wish to renew my pass. Thanks for the tid bit!

EDIT: Looked it up on Google maps and it's quite a drive from Disney. How long did it take you to get there? 

Last edited by a moderator:
So I know some sad things happened yesterday... most importantly the passing of David Bowie ( :( )... but Disney has at least jumped the gun and revealed the absolutely gorgeous and incredible North Bank redo as they truncate the Rivers of America by 30% (so you'll be making a giant circle instead of a sloppy oval): http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/01/first-look-at-new-rivers-of-america-waterfront-and-disneyland-railroad-at-disneyland-park-in-california/

This also will result in a bit of a shorter train portion for the DLRR, once a trip into the woods (which, let's be honest, was a bit too revealing during the day) into a majestic ride over an elevated trestle on the river itself next to rocky, waterfall-filled peaks as you head back into what is rumored to be either a tunnel or a heavily green area past Star Wars Land and over a small bridge as you join the current path past Fantasyland Theatre.

I'll be blunt about this: I love it and I think it might be a dramatic improvement visually over the past Rivers of America in many ways.

Now, as for the Frozen replacement for Aladdin... well the Hyperion is still going to be amazing and I hope the show is good. I don't mind Frozen, and I also didn't hate Aladdin at all... I thought the show was okay but never liked that it became a local tradition preventing anything NEW from going in there (although that Toy Story musical that threatened it once sucked so at least that didn't happen)... I don't know, I'm indifferent about it and I'm willing to see what's new.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
That looks beautiful! Yeah it'll be shorter but I'm just so thankful that they're not removing ALL of the Rivers of America, which they could have if they wanted to. I'm excited for this! I

It was so bittersweet at the park yesterday. Fantasmic and Aladdin were like rock concerts, the crowds were going wild for the cast. Especially Aladdin, where the amount of people trying to get a fastpass to see the show was crazy! I'm going to miss Aladdin so much. No way is Frozen going to last as long or be as popular, especially if they don't find a way to make Olaf keep the show fresh like the Genie did. I'm looking forward to seeing Frozen, I'm sure it'll be visually stunning, but I'm going to miss Aladdin with all my heart.

I love the Paint the Night parade more and more every time! It's so hard NOT to stop and watch it! Music is infectious. I still wish it had more floats but it's still so fun!

I really like the new railroad concept art. That new waterfront bridge will look absolutely amazing. Definitely a great photo-spot when complete. This is the kind of scenic beauty you expect from Disney. And honestly, I don't care if the ride is shorter if it will look that good. Of course I've never been on the train yet. Need to do that when this reopens.

In regards to the new Star Wars Land area the railroad will have to pass by... well, honestly, since scenic themed areas are not a new concept for the Disneyland Railroad, I would honestly hope they took advantage of this perfect opportunity to give guests riding the train a small taste of Star Wars...

1 - Forest Moon of Endor

OR

2 - Lightspeed Tunnel

Two variations on the "heavily green area" & "tunnel" option that would be better than just something generic and/or unthemed.

I think you'd have a riot on your hands if Disney did that haha. The current plan is to hide it via a tunnel/faux berm and allude to it via train narration.

I thought about the Aladdin closure, and I think it is a significant important event in DCA's history. This is easily the first major, significant closure that will lend a sense of cherished history to DCA. It builds a legacy for the park and adds a layer that it has not yet shared with its sister across the way. Growing up with DCA, it warms my heart greatly.