Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Two things I didn't want to see again this year... TWD and anything 3D.....worst fears really are coming to life
While I'd rather have the potential scarecrow house be non-3D and rather darker than most houses I think It would be interesting (i think this was previously mentioned) if they continued the 3D gore comics a la Asylum in Wonderland

My friends and I have just started our countdown clock since we just picked out our dates ... since it's nearly 4 1/2 months away, I acknowledge that this makes us insane. Which may explain why we love HHN so much.

not crazy, we technically have every weekend planned for the rest of our life (or HHN ends).. always the second weekend in October

We figure this gives us an excuse to start decorating our house in middle of september, start rewatching all the relevant IP's in time for HHN weekend, that hardcore Halloween til the 31st.

This could back up the speculation that sets our scarecrow house during the dust bowl (don't think that any fungus caused the dust bowl, but it is harmful to plants).

I have to wonder if a setting like this could also be home to the nightingales? Just a thought.

Rust = Tin Man. Also, Oz begins in Kansas during the dust bowl crisis, so likely would be the first room. If a 3-D house, assume vortex tunnel will be the twister that takes us to Oz.

Really enjoyed the SZ and Scary Tales, so high hopes for this, tho honestly would prefer it not be 3-D.

Have to assume
the lion, later recycled as the crocolion
from Scary Tales II or III will appear at the climax.

Reactions: Joel and JungleSkip
Rust = Tin Man. Also, Oz begins in Kansas during the dust bowl crisis, so likely would be the first room. If a 3-D house, assume vortex tunnel will be the twister that takes us to Oz.

Really enjoyed the SZ and Scary Tales, so high hopes for this, tho honestly would prefer it not be 3-D.

Have to assume

Oh man I didn't even consider the Scarecrow house being Oz...if it's like the Alice 3D house I'll be satisfied. It was no In-Between, but it was still solid

Have to assume

That'd...be actually rather clever to have at HHN, and that it being a 3D house would be fine.

The question, where would the maze be located. As that could be a defining line.

Reactions: maroonmol and Joel
The Name for the HHN27 Icon Maze is...

DARK FORTUNES

And the Icon is

CINDY

The twist is from the 2007 Commericial where a Man enters a tent to learn of his Fortune. Now Cindy has grown up and became a Fortune Teller.

I want to believe this. I was the one guy who liked The Orfanage, and fortune telling seems a great basis for an original house.

But when I asked an insider about the whole Chance/AoV situation last year, I was told, "Don't expect another female icon any time soon." Can't imagine Marketing would do a 180 so quickly.

Reactions: Thiago
I want to believe this. I was the one guy who liked The Orfanage, and fortune telling seems a great basis for an original house.

But when I asked an insider about the whole Chance/AoV situation last year, I was told, "Don't expect another female icon any time soon." Can't imagine Marketing would do a 180 so quickly.
I've wanted a female fortune teller icon for years. It's one of those things that's been in my "dream portfolio" since the mid-aughts (alongside a Librarian icon and an airport haunt).

Now, I was literally designing a holidays haunt backstage in 2010 to pitch to A&D (based on an idea I had in 2003). Bloodengutz showed up in 2011. It would be ironic if another idea I've been talking about for years just happened to show up again.

Poking my head in as another serious fan of OrFanage. Unfairly maligned house that had some fantastic design elements.

Path of the Wicked 3D sounds great. Ayslum in Wonderland was a rock solid 3D house, so a similar execution would get no complaints from me.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm going too be shot down but I'm going too say it... it could be a nightingale house....7,000 people died in the dust bowl.... they could say the nightingale used the dust bowl and the mass confusion in too slaughtering mass amounts of people...
They very well could easily link the Fortune teller story line with this.

Reactions: DanB89