Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

There's some inflammatory quotes in that article (exposed wiring near the water?!). I wouldn't be surprised if Universal threatened legal action and the station pulled it.

Or, you know, something way more benign.

There's some inflammatory quotes in that article (exposed wiring near the water?!). I wouldn't be surprised if Universal threatened legal action and the station pulled it.

There is also the child's injury. He makes a pretty clear claim that the park slippery floors caused his child's injury. He really should have left that out. The exposed wire thing was also pretty bold. He paints a picture of a park that is dangerous rather than just disorganized.

The problem isn't with the trap door. The lateral g's in the turns are greater than anticipated. And it is flexing the supports more than they are comfortable with.

If I'm not mistaken, these are the two tallest serpentine drop slides ProSlide has ever built. I'm pretty sure they turned out to be just a titch more extreme than they thought they would be.

I know Ihu's at Aquatica packs quite a bit of force, why I love it :)

:eek:

*GASP* That's very, very suspicious... "Universal found bribing news sources to pull negative stories." :what:

Here's a cached version that even includes the video, for now: Bad reviews follow Universal Volcano Bay opening | WFTV

in case you missed it like me earlier

There is also the child's injury. He makes a pretty clear claim that the park slippery floors caused his child's injury. He really should have left that out. The exposed wire thing was also pretty bold. He paints a picture of a park that is dangerous rather than just disorganized.

Nothing to See Here, Please disperse. Nothing to see here...

Interesting scary and sad all at the same time.

If Nixon were around today, would he get caught?

I mean are any of us really surprised by these bad reviews so far? I get why some people need to sugar coat the current state of the park for page views and relations with the company but honestly it's been nothing short of a disaster for UO with this park.

Also before we start the whole 'wait until it's finished' argument yet again - this park shouldn't have been opened in it's current state. The opening timeline was way too aggressive and they missed their mark badly.

I think calling it a "disaster" is way overselling their current operations issues. The park needed more time, but it's not completely broken or anything. Plenty of people have had good experiences. It's just UOR really over promised and haven't completely delivered on a lot of their marketing hype. That's their own doing for sure.

I think calling it a "disaster" is way overselling their current operations issues. The park needed more time, but it's not completely broken or anything. Plenty of people have had good experiences. It's just UOR really over promised and haven't completely delivered on a lot of their marketing hype. That's their own doing for sure.
I agree completely it was oversold, underperforming and needs more time and tweaking to be enjoyable for the average uninformed guest but I must say I am one of those that had a absolute blast we rode everything but the racers the day after Memorial Day plus the aqua coaster twice. But it is NOT the relaxing experience it is advertised as, it took work a lot of pre planning a lot of walking back and forth and early admission to reach that level of satisfaction and happiness.

They're doing a bad job of pulling it if UO ordered them too. lol

Let's see how long the video lasts on You Tube.

Went yesterday and almost every ride was a ride now besides the drop slides in the volcano. Even the krakatau aqua coaster was a ride now. I do think the park has A LOT of areas that become very slippery when wet. I was careful and still almost fell on multiple occasions.

They're doing a bad job of pulling it if UO ordered them too. lol

Let's see how long the video lasts on You Tube.

In defense of Universal...they basically just read Trip Advisor and Yelp reviews over the air. Hardly investigative reporting.
The interview with the customer was a bit mixed, he acted like it was disaster, but then said the park will eventually be great.

So in other words...avoid a theme park that just opened, if you don't want to deal with the issues of a theme park that just opened.

I also think it's funny that they were reporting their were "slippery" spots at a water park. Well duh. What is the "universal" rule at ALL swimming pools (besides no peeing)? NO RUNNING!!! I doubt his daughter was walking casually before she fell on her face...

This is a huge throwback. Back during the Hogsmeade construction, I remember there was some permits about Concrete sidewalks. The permits actually listed how wet the sidewalks were expected to be and how the concrete was designed to prevent people slipping during that worst case. (I'm paraphrasing)

I'm assuming Universal did something similar for Volcano Bay.

TPR just posted a semi review/photo report of yaswaterworld in Dubai... Holy crap, now that's what I expected from this.