Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I messaged Universal's twitter account asking if there is a 200lb max limit on certain slides. Here is the response:

"Hey there! Certain attractions do have a maximum single or combined weight requirement. Unfortunately, they are subject to change at any time following the Grand Opening. We suggest referring to the posted warning signage prior to boarding each ride for specific requirements. You can also visit Guest Services or Concierge upon arrival for further assistance!"

I messaged Universal's twitter account asking if there is a 200lb max limit on certain slides. Here is the response:

"Hey there! Certain attractions do have a maximum single or combined weight requirement. Unfortunately, they are subject to change at any time following the Grand Opening. We suggest referring to the posted warning signage prior to boarding each ride for specific requirements. You can also visit Guest Services or Concierge upon arrival for further assistance!"

Typical non-answer. Useless.

Is that not what the poster you quoted said? I'm tired, I am home so I will catch up on sleep, but did I read that wrong?
They were proposing scales at the tap point. I propose the scale be at the point you pick up your band so it is a one time weigh for the whole park. Sleep tight!

I'm kinda insulted. They're telling me I'm too fat to ride what the hell lol.

FYI - You can be over 200 lbs and not be fat. Hell, you can be over 250 lbs, and not be fat.

Someone posted this on the Universal Orlando Passholder group...

Bad reviews follow Universal Volcano Bay opening | WFTV

Must be referring to Honu.

I was there Sunday, and it was not crazy with waits (We posted the wait times).

I feel bad, but in this guy's case - that happens. No different than waiting 200 min for Gringotts, and having the ride break down right before you ride. The only thing is you're walking around VB waiting instead of being in actual line.

Everything else though, yeah - not helping UO right now.

Last edited:
FYI - You can be over 200 lbs and not be fat. Hell, you can be over 250 lbs, and not be fat.

Must be referring to Honu.

I was there Sunday, and it was not crazy with waits (We posted the wait times).

I feel bad, but in this guy's case - that happens. No different than waiting 200 min for Gringotts, and having the ride break down right before you ride. The only thing is you're walking around VB waiting instead of being in actual line.

Everything else though, yeah - not helping UO right now.

I've never really seen media latch on to negativity about a theme park like this before, especially a reputable one. Crazy.

Typical non-answer. Useless.

I replied:

"Thanks. Specifically, as of today, what is the max weight limit on the Kala & Tainui bodyslides?"

@UniversalORL responded:

"You would have to find out in person at the attraction. We're apologize for the inconvenience."

So, I figure either the person at Uni Twitter that is responding doesn't know if it's a 200lb max or he/she isn't allowed to say. Plus, he/she has awful grammar!

Useless.

I've never really seen media latch on to negativity about a theme park like this before, especially a reputable one. Crazy.

Conspiracy theory, maybe it's because the writer works for ABC?

But in all seriousness, there are slippery areas and that is BAD! I think some of the wood is more slippery when you are barefoot.

I replied:

"Thanks. Specifically, as of today, what is the max weight limit on the Kala & Tainui bodyslides?"

@UniversalORL responded:

"You would have to find out in person at the attraction. We're apologize for the inconvenience."

So, I figure either the person at Uni Twitter that is responding doesn't know if it's a 200lb max or he/she isn't allowed to say. Plus, he/she has awful grammar!

Useless.

Most likely just someone on their social media team sitting in an office somewhere, no where near the actual water park to get you an actual answer.

Aren't these the folks that started "transportationgedden"

How long did you hold your breath for the drop slides? I've been on Water Country USA's drop slide and it felt like I had to hold my breath until I almost passed out. I know the slide profile is longer/more intense, so do you think I'd have a problem with VB's drop slides?

Once they drop the weight restrictions that is <_<.

i went down the green one, did not hold my breath at all, but had trouble catching my breath for about 2 - 3 seconds due to all the water rushing in my face. Then it was just a really fast tube slide for what seemed like 10 - 15 seconds, and then you hit a wall of water at the bottom. Fast.

i weighed in at 201 - 202 on Friday - glad i just missed this new weight rule! They must have known it was coming though, because the girl had to go consult with somebody before letting me ride. :eek: