Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 292 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Orlando parks have often struggled to use vertical space in design due to not being able to go underground due to Florida's high water table, but a lot of parks have been doing stuff like this for a long time. It's going to be exciting to see how Universal pulls this off, especially considering how little space they have at the existing parks for expansion. Could open up a lot of possibilities
It used to amaze me when I walked under Cinderella Castle in the utilidor at Magic Kingdom. If that's not an amazing use if vertical space in Florida, I don't know what it is. To think there's a restaurant in that castle on top of a walkway through the castle on top of what is essentially an above-ground basement... with a moat on top of it to top it off. Madness.

Proves things can be done in Florida, if you have the will to do them.

It used to amaze me when I walked under Cinderella Castle in the utilidor at Magic Kingdom. If that's not an amazing use if vertical space in Florida, I don't know what it is. To think there's a restaurant in that castle on top of a walkway through the castle on top of what is essentially an above-ground basement... with a moat on top of it to top it off. Madness.

Proves things can be done in Florida, if you have the will to do them.

Sure, the Utilidoors are great, but that's not exactly what I meant. Was more going for using vertical space as purely guest-accessible and having attractions on multiple levels.

Sure, the Utilidoors are great, but that's not exactly what I meant. Was more going for using vertical space as purely guest-accessible and having attractions on multiple levels.
I know I know, I was just thinking of creative ways Disney gets around the high water table issue... Just pretend the ground is higher! Love it.

If we can have 13 story hotels at the resorts, I don't see why they can't make a three story ride complex.... That said, they'll run into issues like Pandora is now, where if one ride closes for fire alarm, they both have to.

Hey, there's one. Navi River Journey first floor and Flight of Passage floors 2 through 5 (or is it 4?) of the same building. Pretty good use of vertical space. And you don't really even notice the massive building when in the land.

Sorry I guys I just think it's wishful thinking to get all of that stuff in there. I truly hope I'm proven wrong. Half of that would be mind blowing.

In the same amount of space Disneyland has Sleeping Beauty's castle, Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad, Pinnochio's daring journey, Snow White's scary adventure, A carousel, dumbo, Mad tea party, Alice in Wonderland, Casey Jr's train, Storybook canal boats, AND the Matterhorn.

In the same amount of space Disneyland has Sleeping Beauty's castle, Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad, Pinnochio's daring journey, Snow White's scary adventure, A carousel, dumbo, Mad tea party, Alice in Wonderland, Casey Jr's train, Storybook canal boats, AND the Matterhorn.

Hints what I'm hoping is all in that space...cough cough.

Disneyland Fantasyland the best Fantasyland! Orlando parks waste so much space compared to Anaheim - it's sad really. Hopefully SNW will take queues from out west on how to jam pack a small area with lots of attractions.

Reactions: Cheezbat
View attachment 4697
This is the land that Nintendo World would be on. My question is why don't they use the giant empty space to the top left? Or am I missing something?
Future expansion pad + space for back of house like new parade buildings + we need somewhere to put HHN houses + not always best to expand behind attractions, creating no room for back of house to operate.

Edit: Also, I noticed those initial leaked concept plans did have the land going to backstage areas next to north side of ET and heading towards the old Hard Rock site, so it was expanding beyond current KidZone in that way.

Mostly? They don't need to, and they need it for back of house stuff and HHN.
Still, they can keep the zelda flying theater attraction and put it where donkey kong is now, put donkey kong where zelda is, and make a pathway up to the vacant plot of land and put yoshi there. Add a few restaurants around and the land is easily the best land to open in orlando in years

View attachment 4697
This is the land that Nintendo World would be on. My question is why don't they use the giant empty space to the top left? Or am I missing something?

Mostly? They don't need to, and they need it for back of house stuff and HHN.

Future expansion pad + space for back of house like new parade buildings + we need somewhere to put HHN houses + not always best to expand behind attractions, creating no room for back of house to operate.

Just to complement what they said ^, they already built a new parade building in the top left corned of the top left area you pointed out, plus those two non-permanent but permanent tents are needed for HHN.

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
Still, they can keep the zelda flying theater attraction and put it where donkey kong is now, put donkey kong where zelda is, and make a pathway up to the vacant plot of land and put yoshi there. Add a few restaurants around and the land is easily the best land to open in orlando in years
True, but I think this is where 3rd gate comes into play.

Reactions: Alicia

Sue, but it makes a lot of logistical things a lot harder for the park this way, especially when there are lands in IoA that need makeovers and they just bought land for a 3rd park. I think they're doing it the right way, and personally I'll be surprised if Nintendo isn't on the level of Harry Potter and Star Wars when it opens