Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Isn't that a problem at EVERY park?

No, not to the same extent of a guaranteed 'terrible' time. There is a difference between worse time and terrible time. Hence, the 8 attraction minimum used to guide metrics. Even the useless visitors at Uni/WDW can find their way onto 8 attractions. Sure, there might be a Shrek or two in there.

Volcano Bay it seems people can easily find their way onto 2-3 waterslides... total. I'm saying the extreme discrepancy is currently driving dissatisfaction. Not only do you have to rope drop, you pretty much need to be an onsite visitor.

Again, think the main issue is one of capacity and overstuffing that park in its current state.

Anyone else hear that maku, Puihi and the Taniwah Tubes no longer use Tapu Tapu. Been hearing around that as of tomorrow they will permanently be "Ride Now". Don't know how valid this is, but would be interesting to see.

Anyone else hear that maku, Puihi and the Taniwah Tubes no longer use Tapu Tapu. Been hearing around that as of tomorrow they will permanently be "Ride Now". Don't know how valid this is, but would be interesting to see.
Taniwha Tubes was a RIDE NOW all day. Maku Puihi never extended 35 minutes.

Obviously I went to thr park today and have some thoughts. Too much to write right now but i will share them later. Although i will say that, while work still needs to be done, not once was i distracted by any of the "complaints" most have (construction speakin).

Shoot me questions if you have any and Ill do my best to answer them.

No, not to the same extent of a guaranteed 'terrible' time. There is a difference between worse time and terrible time. Hence, the 8 attraction minimum used to guide metrics. Even the useless visitors at Uni/WDW can find their way onto 8 attractions. Sure, there might be a Shrek or two in there.

Volcano Bay it seems people can easily find their way onto 2-3 waterslides... total. I'm saying the extreme discrepancy is currently driving dissatisfaction. Not only do you have to rope drop, you pretty much need to be an onsite visitor.

Again, think the main issue is one of capacity and overstuffing that park in its current state.

Well- if you get to say 8 attractions- 3 are wave pool and 2 rivers. And if someone only manages 2-3 slides, then yes- they're doing it wrong. Like I said- if you show up at 11 and then want to do the biggest wait drop slide first thing, I have no sympathy for you. Then after that you want to do the most popular aqua coaster - again, no sympathy.
It's the equivalent of showing up in July to MK with no FP at 11 and riding space mountain first thing. Then seven dwarves. And then splash mountain and then whining you only rode 3 things.

Puihi, maku, taniwha are all open. Then the wave and rivers- so now all you need are 2 other rides to get to your "8". Even at 11am, that's more than manageable.

But yes, to my original post- complaining about lunch lines when you show up at 12:30 to eat- what did you think was going to happen.
When you arrive, what you Tapu and when you eat- or a combination of those would rectify the majority of complaints on trip advisor.
And again- it's a one month old, prematurely opened park that hits capacity by noon every single day. And even with that- many of these complaints are EASILY avoided.

Last edited:
to a degree? I think this is a first for a "water park", that I can think of. The Disney parks get crowded, but not where you NEED to get there early. By design, water parks are typically parks people go to unwind, not set up touring plans.

Maybe this is why it was marketed as a "Water Theme Park"! :lol:

isn't that relative? for me its great, less people in line in front of me.

Congrats. Yes, it's a big deal when it comes to overall customer satisfaction. Also, those people that can't go just made the lines for the other rides even longer. Hooray!?

I am going to Volcano Bay in a week. If the park hits capacity by 12:00 and we bought our tickets online, but don't arrive until 1:00, will they still let us in?

I am going to Volcano Bay in a week. If the park hits capacity by 12:00 and we bought our tickets online, but don't arrive until 1:00, will they still let us in?

I read a report that the park was at capacity as early as 10:30am! one day, but I don't believe everything I read.

It depends. When they reach phase one, they close the parking garage and stop selling new tickets. Phase two they stop letting everybody in but on-site resort hotel guests. Phase three they stop letting anybody in.

Did this happen?

When we arrived the other day (still need to write a review haha) it said "Volcano Bay is at capacity" and they weren't bussing anyone over...We rode the boats over to Royal Pacific and caught a bus there and went right in haha...Not sure why but it seems to have hit capacity everyday recently