Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
Honestly, I see Simpsons more valuable than Rockit in Value.

But, if they were to remove the current Kwik-E-Mart; I think they would have to do major changes to Fast Food Bvld to make it work and that I would think they would do two Kwik-E-Mart locations at each side of the exits for Simpsons Ride.

Honestly, I see Simpsons more valuable than Rockit in Value.

But, if they were to remove the current Kwik-E-Mart; I think they would have to do major changes to Fast Food Bvld to make it work and that I would think they would do two Kwik-E-Mart locations at each side of the exits for Simpsons Ride.
I would actually think they would actually eat into the large plaza space in front of the Simpsons Ride and place a Kwik E Mart there. Kind of like a weenie of sorts. Then, either bulldoze the existing Kwik E Mart to expand Fast Food Boulevard or retheme it (Costington's, the fancy store maybe?)

EDIT: Totally agree on Simpsons vs Rockit. I think Rockit may go as part of a major redo to the entire USF entrance, but that's a whole other thing

I love the Simpsons (TV Show) but I'd take Rockit over it.
I'd also keep Rockit over Simpsons. I've done Simpsons so many times at this point, and although I still love it (and the show up until recently), I think the jokes that gave it so much value are old after riding it so many times. Rockit is a fun, intense roller coaster where you could listen to music. I think that gives it tons of re-ride value.
On a separate note, I think if Universal was somehow able to let people port their own music onto the ride, off of let's say ones iTunes or Spotify playlist, it would give the ride a massive influx of new visitors, as it gives the rider and even bigger space to personalize the ride experience.

I dont think they will remove it any time soon. Especially with all the newer springfield stuff. It looks pretty rooted. I would expect anything in the kids area to go next.

I'd also keep Rockit over Simpsons. I've done Simpsons so many times at this point, and although I still love it (and the show up until recently), I think the jokes that gave it so much value are old after riding it so many times. Rockit is a fun, intense roller coaster where you could listen to music. I think that gives it tons of re-ride value.
On a separate note, I think if Universal was somehow able to let people port their own music onto the ride, off of let's say ones iTunes or Spotify playlist, it would give the ride a massive influx of new visitors, as it gives the rider and even bigger space to personalize the ride experience.
Too bad Simpson's isn't an actual SFX coaster/dark ride.

When listening to songs on the "secret" playlist, none of them are edited for the ride. The songs on the main menu are, and are much better for the ride despite being not as good songs in general (IMO).

:topic:

"Bob's trying to kill the kids!"

"It just keeps getting better and better!" :lmao:

Too bad Simpson's isn't an actual SFX coaster/dark ride.

Yeah, i still like it though.

When listening to songs on the "secret" playlist, none of them are edited for the ride. The songs on the main menu are, and are much better for the ride despite being not as good songs in general (IMO).

:topic:

"Bob's trying to kill the kids!"

"It just keeps getting better and better!" :lmao:
The jokes on that ride are fantastic!

Yeah. The writing on the attraction is great and there's some really good lines. The projection just needs to be a little clearer, the sound a little louder, and it be colder in there to help with the motion sickness.

I just looked at a Youtube video. Yes, a thousand times. I think Universal could've commit more to the interior, but this is exactly what USF needs.

The whole thing pays for itself. You sell Squishees at the counter, which could honestly eclipse the Flaming Moe as the land's signature drink. The store itself is just filled with aisles, so there's tons of space to sell stuff. You might have to play with the layout a little bit to fit tshirts and the like. (Actually, place a line of "freezers" on one end that look like freezers but have apparel on the inside.) Then, sell some darn Bort license plates because how have they not cashed in on that joke yet?

Universal, please steal this idea from me. You have my total permission. You don't have to give me royalties. I'll end up spending so much money that it'll be like reverse royalties.
EDIT: Let's try this one more time with some actual text...

yes, why are there no squishees? When the first simpsons movie came out 7-11 stores rebranded as quicki mart complete with squishee machines and crusty brand cereal. Is it because they have the inferior icee drinks in the park?

So apparently there's this hot new rumor that Disney will buy 20th Century Fox. If this comes to fruition then I feel bad for Universal. First the buyout of Marvel and now Fox? Two Disney properties in there theme parks. Three if you count Men in Black. Also, this would mean that Disney will own Avatar lol I personally would be excited for this because of the xmen movie rights and that's it. But, I really enjoy Sprimgfield and I really doubt Disney will ever use the Simpsons in there parks if they acquire Fox. Yes, I know Disney buying Fox would not affect the theme park rights. But, if this really does become a reality I think Universal needs to start focusing on using there own IPs and maybe continue buying smaller studios like Dreamworks. Keep in mind this is all a rumor. What do you guys think?

So apparently there's this hot new rumor that Disney will buy 20th Century Fox. If this comes to fruition then I feel bad for Universal. First the buyout of Marvel and now Fox? Two Disney properties in there theme parks. Three if you count Men in Black. Also, this would mean that Disney will own Avatar lol I personally would be excited for this because of the xmen movie rights and that's it. But, I really enjoy Sprimgfield and I really doubt Disney will ever use the Simpsons in there parks if they acquire Fox. Yes, I know Disney buying Fox would not affect the theme park rights. But, if this really does become a reality I think Universal needs to start focusing on using there own IPs and maybe continue buying smaller studios like Dreamworks. Keep in mind this is all a rumor. What do you guys think?

About an hour after the rumor broke it came out the talks have been dead for a while.

TWDC in Preliminary Talks to buy Fox (Edit: not so much) | Inside Universal Forums

Wouldn't worry about it. Things are a lot more complex than just Disney buying 20th Century. Its beginning of deals they only talked a few weeks and they haven't met recently. Talent also has a huge say in whether deals go through or not as some of the talent at 21 Century Fox television purposely was shafted by Disney and I assume would not like their ownership to go under that umbrella when reorganization is bound to happen.

I would also not worry too much about MIB.

Wouldn't worry about it. Things are a lot more complex than just Disney buying 20th Century. Its beginning of deals they only talked a few weeks and they haven't met recently. Talent also has a huge say in whether deals go through or not as some of the talent at 21 Century Fox television purposely was shafted by Disney and I assume would not like their ownership to go under that umbrella when reorganization is bound to happen.

I would also not worry too much about MIB.

MIB is technically Sony. As for Simpsons, I'll quote myself from the other thread:

"Very, very tentative stuff here, but this is important: "The company could not own two broadcast networks and would therefore not buy the Fox broadcast network. It would not buy Fox's sports programming assets in the belief that combining them with ESPN could be seen as anti-competitive from an antitrust standpoint and it would not buy the Fox News or Business channel. Disney would also not purchase Fox's local broadcasting affiliates, according to people familiar with the negotiations.

The company could not own two broadcast networks and would therefore not buy the Fox broadcast network. It would not buy Fox's sports programming assets in the belief that combining them with ESPN could be seen as anti-competitive from an antitrust standpoint and it would not buy the Fox News or Business channel. Disney would also not purchase Fox's local broadcasting affiliates, according to people familiar with the negotiations."

The only property Universal owns that's entrenched with Fox is obviously "The Simpsons", which is co-produced by 20th Century Fox Television, 20th Century Fox Animation and Gracie Films. That last component is extremely important. Given that Disney can not own the Fox station, and "The Simpsons" is such a viable franchise it remains to be seen that Disney may absorb 20th Century Fox TV (which produces shows for other networks), 20th Century Fox the studio (good news for Avatar I guess) and parcel out 20th Century Fox Animation, because Gracie Films is not owned by Fox. In other words, either Gracie or the remaining Fox entities will walk away with the facets that manage Simpsons production. The dicey thing for them is that distribution gets tricky as they do not own their own distribution wing anymore. This puts something like a Bob's Burgers movie (already announced) or a future Simpsons movie into a bit of a bind.

That's good news for Universal, as it keeps their Simpsons rights safe and sound. If this even happens, of course."

And of course, they're dead right now. But if they started again, Simpsons would be totally safe.

Honestly, the thing I would think kill's The Simpsons Ride in it's current form, is albeit on ride technology for both Hollywood and Orlando.

I'm hoping once MOM and Nintendo are done they close the Simpsons down and convert the ride system to something like FOP. Clear, crisp screens and a more advanced simulator. The ride script is legitimately hilarious, but the ride is just so uncomfortable/nauseating

I'm hoping once MOM and Nintendo are done they close the Simpsons down and convert the ride system to something like FOP. Clear, crisp screens and a more advanced simulator. The ride script is legitimately hilarious, but the ride is just so uncomfortable/nauseating

Honestly, I'd rather want more of a classic dark ride with modern (and practical) effects that can do something similar to what SLoP seems to be doing.