Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get your salt shakers out ya'll.

Islands of Adventure

This would be such an amazing family addition to the park, totally on board. As long as they still build a roller coaster indoor or outdoor, doesn't matter. It may not be a good idea to have the new wizarding wolrl attarction a looping launch coaster, but I would still want that type of ride built at IOA in another section.

I think it's fair to say any new rides in IoA will be indoors (for weather) and "general audiences" friendly.
Idk about that. I would honestly be freakin pissed if they remove a coaster and replace it with something not intense. That's why I'm putting my money on the hypercoaster my source told me about. I'd be severely disappointed with universal if they went the "general audience" route.

Idk about that. I would honestly be freakin pissed if they remove a coaster and replace it with something not intense. That's why I'm putting my money on the hypercoaster my source told me about. I'd be severely disappointed with universal if they went the "general audience" route.

A Hypercoaster, wouldn't fit for Potter, like; at all.

While the planned Osaka attraction would've had the Hypercoaster trains seen from Hollywood Dream, I'd highly doubt that it'd be a pure Hypercoaster.

This would be such an amazing family addition to the park, totally on board. As long as they still build a roller coaster indoor or outdoor, doesn't matter. It may not be a good idea to have the new wizarding wolrl attarction a looping launch coaster, but I would still want that type of ride built at IOA in another section.
Indoor or outdoor- why not both? I'd rather it have an outdoor section as well, personally. It could even be "Kong-like" where that particular section closes for bad weather.

You aren't the demographic Universal is really focused on at the moment. What are your choices- Magic Kingdom? Seaworld? Fun Spot? If you want thrills, universal still has you. What they need are more family rides.
Families are what Will fill up those 5000 extra value rooms that are on the docket. And those are who spend the most money and have the biggest pie for universal to grab from the other parks.

I understand your frustration, but I'd be shocked if it was a 52-54" height requirement hyper. Completely floored actually. I was in your shoes 16 years ago- but now I'm exactly who Universal wants and they're catering to me and I'm loving it :D

I'm all for the Mack powered inverted idea. Really interesting ride system that will allow for unique movements, (hopefully) highly themed dark ride scenes, and family sized thrills. It's new enough to make for a good Potter ride.

I'm hoping for grand sweeping scenes where we get to fly over from high above and twist through multiple parts of the same scene, like Peter Pan but on a much grander scale. Forbidden Journey lacks the scale in its dark ride sequences. We're always looking at either the left or right side, but never anything from the front or very large.

We need a Pirates of the Caribbean sized show scene in a Harry Potter ride! And this could be the ride tech to pull it off.

And no offense to yous guys, but if you want thrills, maybe Busch Gardens or SeaWorld is what you're looking for. It's looking to me like Universal is going to limit their parks to one big coaster each, and then indoor coasters or family coasters for the rest. We still have Hulk and Rockit. Mummy is a good family coaster. And this could be too.

Indoor or outdoor- why not both? I'd rather it have an outdoor section as well, personally. It could even be "Kong-like" where that particular section closes for bad weather.

You aren't the demographic Universal is really focused on at the moment. What are your choices- Magic Kingdom? Seaworld? Fun Spot? If you want thrills, universal still has you. What they need are more family rides.
Families are what Will fill up those 5000 extra value rooms that are on the docket. And those are who spend the most money and have the biggest pie for universal to grab from the other parks.

I understand your frustration, but I'd be shocked if it was a 52-54" height requirement hyper. Completely floored actually. I was in your shoes 16 years ago- but now I'm exactly who Universal wants and they're catering to me and I'm loving it :D

I would doubt that they would do a Kong-Like element, it'd have to be one way or the other; and don't be surprised that they have an outdoor portion.

After watching the Arthur video and the HTTYD version this ride system should work great with the Forbidden Forrest. Indoor section can be dark with huge tree set pieces and AA Unicorns, centaurs, and hopefully a Grawp. Outside section can be the escape section with a little more speed through trees.

I think I'm the right condition it can work. I've never been on a wing coaster but it sounds like a love it or hate it thing. What I really want is some terrain changes, Orlando is just so god damn flat it drives me crazy at times.

All this is wishful thinking, even more so now when @Disneyhead puts his cards on the table above.

Scott have you ever been to Dollywood ?
I have the same damn problem as you with the Orlando parks.

DW looks stunning, in terme of theme/details/attraction and layout !

To be honest, either of these options is a huge win for me:

worst case: Mack powered
best case: SFX

Obviously we'd all love the SFX but that seems like a much bigger risk/investment for a DC replacement. I agree with @Andy, plenty of space for the SFX at the south property; plus it would act as a good headliner // early entry type venue for the south property.

Reactions: anihilnation
Scott have you ever been to Dollywood ?
I have the same damn problem as you with the Orlando parks.

DW looks stunning, in terme of theme/details/attraction and layout !

I've never been but the first time I looked at the park, it blew me away at how good it looked. I genuinely expected the whole place to be tacky, poorly designed and have crap rides. It's like the happy big sister to Alton Towers.

Reactions: Lucas C
With Tron getting the motorbike coaster ride system, that means GotG is not. That adds to the idea that GotG could get the SFX Coaster mentioned at IAAPA. Throw in all the recent smoke around the powered Mack ride system coming to Potter, and now it's getting interesting.

Nothing that I have been told about this project would exclude the powered Mack from being the ride system.

With Tron getting the motorbike coaster ride system, that means GotG is not. That adds to the idea that GotG could get the SFX Coaster mentioned at IAAPA. Throw in all the recent smoke around the powered Mack ride system coming to Potter, and now it's getting interesting.

Nothing that I have been told about this project would exclude the powered Mack from being the ride system.

That sounds like the best case scenario.

Here is another one from Mack and the CEO says it himself this one is a "Family Thrill Ride with a very broad appeal" perfect for what Universal is after, family rides. Watching these coasters is getting me excited to ride some! Going to have to make a trip over to Busch Gardens very very soon to get my fill of coasters.

Last edited:
The inverted powered coaster can technically be more thrilling if they should choose to make it. Just because the previous two IPs made it not terrifyingly thrilling doesn't mean the system doesn't have the capability to.

I would prefer the Mack over the SFX coaster. Needs diversity and it will add a new experience rather than something similar to what Potter already has.

Calling that a family thrill ride with broad appeal is just incorrect - if not downright delusional.
Less than 30% of the park population is going to be willing or able to ride that sort of attraction.

That isn't delusional nor is it incorrect at all if that is what your guests want, I have been riding coasters with my family since I was tall enough. I saw some pretty small kids in that video near the beginning too so plenty would be able to but Universal wants to compete with Disney not Busch Gardens. If Harry Potter wasn't at either park this ride would definitely work and I guarantee would have a long wait.

Reactions: HanoverFist
Status
Not open for further replies.