Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 359 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think you're ever gonna see IoA used again. It can't handle HHN crowds. I just think they'll move the sprungs back should Nintendo stretch into that piece of land
You'll see a "hybrid," I think. If it happens. It was pitched for 22. Open IoA with Port of Entry, Suess, and Lost Continent. Studios would have NYC, Hollywood, and Mel's. Houses in the soundstages, Poseidon, and arguably something queued at the Esoteric gate.

Another reason I don't mind the "Hyrule is an extension of the original SNW idea" is that it opens the area up for expansion based on even more Nintendo franchises. If we had Mario in USF, Zelda in IOA, and Pokemon in Park 3, that'd very likely be the total extent of Nintendo in the parks. One land per park, and that's it. But if USF has a general "Super Nintendo World" with Mario and Zelda, and Pokemon is standalone in Park 3, than that means if they want to add Splatoon, Kirby, Metroid, Animal Crossing, etc. subsections in SNW, they probably could. The expansion space back there is tight but it IS there, and they could fit in small areas for any of those franchises if they wanted to in the future.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
You'll see a "hybrid," I think. If it happens. It was pitched for 22. Open IoA with Port of Entry, Suess, and Lost Continent. Studios would have NYC, Hollywood, and Mel's. Houses in the soundstages, Poseidon, and arguably something queued at the Esoteric gate.

I would think Lost Continent, Jurassic Park (with Skull Island) and Hogsmeade for IOA, with a pathway connecting both USF and IOA possible) alongside New York, San Fran, London, and main midway once people enter Universal Studios Florida.

I would think Lost Continent, Jurassic Park (with Skull Island) and Hogsmeade for IOA, with a pathway connecting both USF and IOA possible) alongside New York, San Fran, London, and main midway once people enter Universal Studios Florida.
Well, what I presented was the actual plan for 2012. Size/walkway wise, the half and half model is the equivalent of a full park. Also, cutting things off part-loop caused most of the navigation issues in 2004. That's why it was limited that way.

The crossovers were identical to 2004 in the 2012 plan: behind Cat to "Boneyard" and Sinbad to the Library. If they extend it at all (now) it would likely be to Potters with Hogwarts Express running.

But... wrong thread.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Can't see it happening with all of these hotels & hotel rooms. Many tourists couldn't care less about HHN and want a full park to experience. If you're ever in IOA as Studios emptys out for HHN, there's throngs of people coming into IOA from Studios the last couple of years. The hotel situation has changed since 2012.

Can't see it happening with all of these hotels & hotel rooms. Many tourists couldn't care less about HHN and want a full park to experience. If you're ever in IOA as Studios emptys out for HHN, there's throngs of people coming into IOA from Studios the last couple of years.

Personally, that's why I would think they would have it as one portion of the park closed for Horror, and the other open for guests.

Personally, that's why I would think they would have it as one portion of the park closed for Horror, and the other open for guests.
Too confusing to the normal tourist. Tough to market & explain a one time hybrid plan....This isn't 2012. The hotel situation has changed considerably.

Nowhere to put it, I guess. Should have a rotating museum where the NBC Media Center is...but alas
Lucy/Betty Boop should have become a Universal museum. Perfect spot.

Poseidon? Like in the queue? Or would they somehow have transformed the show?

I understand what your saying Mike but I have to agree with Skip and say the puzzle theater could be much more innovative and much cooler than we're imagining. I would love a Zelda E ticket but I'm willing to give the show a chance, on the condition that the audience isn't passive.

Reactions: captainmoch
I understand what your saying Mike but I have to agree with Skip and say the puzzle theater could be much more innovative and much cooler than we're imagining. I would love a Zelda E ticket but I'm willing to give the show a chance, on the condition that the audience isn't passive.
I would imagine the Puzzle Theater would not only be innovative, but it would be something unique for Orlando.
Sorry guys but when I imagine a Zelda attraction I imagine going on an adventure, not watching one.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
You don't have to imagine it as that's the job of Universal Creative.
1243237840_spocks-eyebrow.gif

I believe you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.