Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

The whole sistauation is just confusing. He's bashing ESPN, owned by Disney, and Disney has to create an AA of Trump to place in one of their attractions. Almost comical.
Also Iger quit Trump's CEO Board of Advisors after Charlottesville. And Trump still hasn't recorded the audio for HoP. It may be a while before HoP reopens.

Also Iger quit Trump's CEO Board of Advisors after Charlottesville. And Trump still hasn't recorded the audio for HoP. It may be a while before HoP reopens.
Plus Iger donated a ton of money to Clinton......They should just do a speaking Meet President Lincoln, and quit doing the present day Presidents. Or just have them all in the background. For the future too..

People are so desperate to make the decline of ESPN reinforcing of their personal views. It's simply that people across all demographics were paying for ESPN through cable that didn't at all/barely watched it and now they don't have cable or have less video services overall.

People are so desperate to make the decline of ESPN reinforcing of their personal views. It's simply that people across all demographics were paying for ESPN through cable that didn't at all/barely watched it and now they don't have cable or have less video services overall.
People are not "cutting the cable" because of Trump. It actually has a lot more to do with Comcast and Disney sucking the life blood out of their customers for crap most people don't want anyway.

People are not "cutting the cable" because of Trump. It actually has a lot more to do with Comcast and Disney sucking the life blood out of their customers for crap most people don't want anyway.
That's what I'm saying they aren't cutting cable because of anything political. They are cutting because of cost and flexibility. Then they are assigning political reasons after the fact like they are a thing.

That's what I'm saying they aren't cutting cable because of anything political. They are cutting because of cost and flexibility. Then they are assigning political reasons after the fact like they are a thing.
I should have started my last post with a "Right." or "This^^^^".

It's not political.

Irma kicked WDW/P&R in the nads pretty hard. 3 canceled upcharge events. 3 messed up cruises. Scads of cancellations. Coming on the heels of a lackluster Summer season and the problems at the TV Networks, it looks like the film studios is doing the heavy lifting right now. So WDW will be running lean until things turn around a bit.

Irma kicked WDW/P&R in the nads pretty hard. 3 canceled upcharge events. 3 messed up cruises. Scads of cancellations. Coming on the heels of a lackluster Summer season and the problems at the TV Networks, it looks like the film studios is doing the heavy lifting right now. So WDW will be running lean until things turn around a bit.
And that HUGE Pandora bump the suits were counting on. Just never materialized.

At least they

At least they have all that cash from the synergy and staffing predictions that MM+ created. Just think how many billions it will bring in ....... - sometime
Yes. That was the Turkey of Turkeys. Iger still won't answer questions about it during the quarterly financial calls....And what happened to those Executives who championed it to take more money out of the guest's wallets (their own words)? Heh, they don't work there anymore. :lol:

They really f'd up on my magic plus, but not on account of the idea not being good, but on account of the ubiquity of the smartphone making the need to overhaul tech for everything for everyone non existent considering the cost. I hope they keep max pass prices at a reasonable rate considering the fact Disneyland didn't need to overhaul the system but knowing Disney lately they are itching to find ways to punish guests merely using the regular system.

And that HUGE Pandora bump the suits were counting on. Just never materialized.
I'm just confused what they thought they were gonna get. It was never going to be a huge increase at the resort. I'm sure DAK's attendance is way up and their guest spending is up, but attendance and guest spending is likely down at DHS so it's not much of a win.

The best thing to come out of Pandora for WDW is good word of mouth about Flight of Passage.

It is as simple as saying - if there's a cheaper way to get the same thing then people are going to find it and do it.

I'm just confused what they thought they were gonna get. It was never going to be a huge increase at the resort. I'm sure DAK's attendance is way up and their guest spending is up, but attendance and guest spending is likely down at DHS so it's not much of a win.

The best thing to come out of Pandora for WDW is good word of mouth about Flight of Passage.
When they inked the deal in 2011, they thought they were getting in on the beginning of a bazillion $$$$ franchise. That, as of yet, has not happened.

As time went on with little movement on the "franchise", everyone except the "pixie dusters" knew the score. Even TDO knew well before opening that it hadn't moved the needle. It's one of 2 "Billion $$$$ Blunders" Iger has recently forced on WDW.

It's one of 2 "Billion $$$$ Blunders" Iger has recently forced on WDW.
I could argue that MM+ was a success. Magicbands are just a very small part of a HUGE system and WDW was in great need of a major infrastructure overhaul at the time anyway. It also linked together all assets of a WDW vacation into one place with the app.

Could it have been done at a lesser cost? Of course, but infrastructure/tech isn't cheap and it had to happen eventually anyway. Now DL has proved with MAXpass that FP+ could've been done much simpler which I won't disagree on, however FP+ is just a small part of MM+.

I just don't think Iger has any creative instinct whatsoever. He is just 100% numbers and just cannot comprehend how "#1 in box office" doesn't translate to any excitement from the general public whatsoever.

Last warning, the issues with ESPN and Disney do not pertain to politics.
And really, we shouldn't even be discussing ESPN in this thread anyway (at least in-depth). Yes, ESPN's struggles affect WDW, but ESPN's struggles don't need to be debated - it's an industry wide problem that has yet to be solved.