Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

Part of the problem is that Williamsburg's attendance is down while BGW's has stayed strong. Colonial Williamsburg is having big budget shortfalls and local businesses have been closing with visitors down 30% over the past few years. I have to wonder if some of it stems from Busch Gardens having its own exit of I-64 now so park guests don't have to go through the city anymore.

Part of the problem is that Williamsburg's attendance is down while BGW's has stayed strong. Colonial Williamsburg is having big budget shortfalls and local businesses have been closing with visitors down 30% over the past few years. I have to wonder if some of it stems from Busch Gardens having its own exit of I-64 now so park guests don't have to go through the city anymore.
Good point on the highway exit. That's a shame on Williamsburg attendance. It's a great experience, especially the living re enactments. That was always a good vacation....Colonial Williamsburg, both Jamestown attractions, Carters Grove, Yorktown, BGW & Water World. So much to do.

Problem is the 2018 third quarter was down 10% from the 2017 third quarter. So add in this year's (2019) drop in attendance, things aren't looking rosy. And then they hire a lackluster new CEO.
2018 third quarter numbers were up 10 percent over 2017 though not down. Also 1st and 2nd quarters of 2019 have been up, be it slightly over 2018, but still up. Third quarter numbers may be down but not awful.

Call me the optimist but I really root for SeaWorld Entertainment. Also my family will contribute at least 3 platinum passes to their resume for the next year. 210 bucks for unlimited no blackout days for all parks, minus Discovery Cove of course, seems like a steal.

We already plan at least 2 days SeaWorld San Diego next month, 1 day Busch Gardens Tampa and 1 day Adventure Island next October before Disney world, then 1 day SeaWorld Orlando and 1 day Aquatica Orlando after Disney world. Might move around Orlando/Tampa plans but there definitely will be some visits during the Disney visit. Plus possible weekend getaways to San Diego mixed in. $210 seems like a really great deal specifically with other benefits like parking, merchandise, food, additional free tickets(4) per pass, discounts, etc.

Keep going SeaWorld Entertainment we are rooting and my family loves you.

Apologies @Mad Dog didn’t mean to fact check just thought something seemed off with the great attendance growth they saw last year and your comment. Cheers!

2018 third quarter numbers were up 10 percent over 2017 though not down. Also 1st and 2nd quarters of 2019 have been up, be it slightly over 2018, but still up. Third quarter numbers may be down but not awful.

Call me the optimist but I really root for SeaWorld Entertainment. Also my family will contribute at least 3 platinum passes to their resume for the next year. 210 bucks for unlimited no blackout days for all parks, minus Discovery Cove of course, seems like a steal.

We already plan at least 2 days SeaWorld San Diego next month, 1 day Busch Gardens Tampa and 1 day Adventure Island next October before Disney world, then 1 day SeaWorld Orlando and 1 day Aquatica Orlando after Disney world. Might move around Orlando/Tampa plans but there definitely will be some visits during the Disney visit. Plus possible weekend getaways to San Diego mixed in. $210 seems like a really great deal specifically with other benefits like parking, merchandise, food, additional free tickets(4) per pass, discounts, etc.

Keep going SeaWorld Entertainment we are rooting and my family loves you.

Apologies @Mad Dog didn’t mean to fact check just thought something seemed off with the great attendance growth they saw last year and your comment. Cheers!
I was using the 2018 number from Theme Park insider article/comments on Sea World. I double checked 2018, and yes, you are correct on the 2018 figures, :thumbsup: I adjusted my comment to reflect that. Good lookin out. :toast:

Last edited:
I was using the 2018 number from Theme Park insider article/comments on Sea World. I double checked 2018, and yes, you are correct on the 2018 figures, :thumbsup: I adjusted my comment to reflect that. Good lookin out. :toast:

Also pretty sure that the second quarter was up. Easter could be a factor but still.