1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Attendance Tracker

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Galaxy Defender, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Veteran Member

Haha this is true I can’t wait for it! After a weekend at Disney going to park opening and likely going to Hogsmeade at opening a day or two, it’s gonna be nice sleeping in one day haha. We’re already planning our first day or two to sleep and relax and do most of the non potter stuff. I honestly cannot wait and I was just there for a weekend last month

Mad Dog likes this.
  2. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

I rarely ever use the extra early hour opening at Universal. Generally there's no need to. Sleep in and relax.

3. Cup_Of_Coffee

That’s fair, we did this last trip cause we only had 3 days in the parks, but more like 2 1/2. Wait times weren’t terrible but didn’t have express. Adding in Volcano Bay for the first time as well, which will likely take a day or 2 away from the park. We’re big repeat riders anyways. Also, gonna try lots of new dining. I’m so excited but also saving $ big time

4. Yabbadabba Doh

Yabbadabba Doh Member

So, just bought passes for My upcoming Disney trip. Prices have definitely gotten out of hand as we have opted for a 2 day versus 3 day since we can’t justify the value. Not good....

SeventyOne likes this.
  5. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

I just booked five nights at Endless Dockside for under $500 with tax.

6. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Yes. Disney has raised the prices so much for 2020 (not counting the previous few years), that even if you can get one of those 25% room discounts, which are a 'very limited' number and type of room, you'll still be paying 2019 hotel room rack rates. Universal has kept their increases to a minimum for their non deluxe hotels.

7. MrBlonde

MrBlonde Rookie

Prices are that high of an increase?! What are they thinking?

8. Yabbadabba Doh

Yabbadabba Doh Member

Had to check to make sure I wasn’t crazy. So last year I bought a 3 day park hopper pass for $381. This year’s 2 day pass was $332 and a 3 day was $445. So a 17% price hike from last year. INSANE!

MrBlonde and SeventyOne like this.
  9. Yabbadabba Doh

Yabbadabba Doh Member

So, for transparency, 2 day, 2 park Uni ticket for the same time is $279 and a 3 day, 2 park is $293.

10. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

Guess Universal’s attendance isn’t hurting like some think

11. Cup_Of_Coffee

certainly a good sign numbers are up. Are we thinking a lot of this is to do with Hagrid's?

12. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

What is the difference between parks and TP? What is TP?

13. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

The TP is the total of the three quarterly reports (9 months) in 2019. Comcast's report specifically mentions the Japan park's rebound in attendance (after a 2018 decline due to the Typhoon that hit the Osaka area) for an increase in attendance.....So, I would assume that the bulk of the increase came from better 2019 Osaka numbers compared to the revenue & attendance drop in Osaka during last year's third quarter.

14. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Disney's 4th quarter report cites a revenue increase for the parks division due to ticket price increases,increases in Merchandise Licensing and other price increases, and increased spending on food, beverage & merchandise, and an increase in Vacation Club revenues. Disney cited an attendance gain for Paris....but attendance losses for Disneyland, Shanghai & Hong Kong. They said WDW was about the same as last year on revenue. They specifically stated the hurricane affected revenues at WDW. And they said GESWL costs affected revenues for both Disneyland & WDW.....Their 'overall' results of all Disney divisions beat investor expectations and the stock is up in after hours trading.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    JoeCamel likes this.
  15. Happytycho

Happytycho Rookie

I really hope they didn't say those exact words

16. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Quotes ...Disneyland "The increase in operating income wereoffset by expenses associated with GESWL"....and on WDW , "Higher costs were driven by costs associated with GESWL"....

17. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

SWE attendance down in the third quarter YoY. :(

Hopefully it's at least in part because people are waiting for the big additions next year (IB and IG).

18. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

With this this year's (2019) drop in attendance, things aren't looking rosy. And then they hire a lackluster new CEO.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  19. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

Funny about the third quarter. The other quarters they had been doing quite decently.

Regardless, they need to hammer away at what they offer--world-class roller coasters!

JoeCamel and Mad Dog like this.
  20. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Yes, you're right about the coasters. They also need to bring the live entertainment back to BGW. That park hasn't been the same since they cut most of it. BGW used to have a strong adult customer base due to it's proximity to Williamsburg/Jamestown/Yorktown....and.... The problem with doing bad in the third quarter is that July/August are probably their strongest attendance months, and a couple of their parks aren't open year round.