Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here how Universal is looking at "Christmas Island". Mt. Crumpet Bobsleds transitions beautifully out of Seuss. And a snow covered North Pole Village works well coming out of a snow covered Potter village.

And most importantly. Universal OWNS all the rights to ALL the best Christmas IPs! Winning!
I'd only take this if Berk is set for Park 3. I think it's by far DreamWorks' best candidate for a land, for reasons I've already stated. My big problem with Christmas land is I don't think I'm ever going to be in the mood to visit Christmas Land in the middle of a boiling hot summer month... but maybe that's just me.

I'd only take this if Berk is set for Park 3. I think it's by far DreamWorks' best candidate for a land, for reasons I've already stated. My big problem with Christmas land is I don't think I'm ever going to be in the mood to visit Christmas Land in the middle of a boiling hot summer month... but maybe that's just me.
Idk, The North Pole sounds pretty chill on steamy Summer day.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Idk, The North Pole sounds pretty chill on steamy Summer day.
I mean... if they can somehow found a way to simulate the cold (making part of the land indoors?) than I would absolutely be up for that. But something about visiting a North Pole village in 90 degree weather just seems wrong to me.

Actually Warner Bros. owns Vacation. Which means they COULD get it.

A limited time Clark Griswald, Cousin Eddie, and Marty Moose M&G would be to die for.

Only if we get to punch the Moose when he tells us Potter is closed.....

I think the nightly lighting of the house cold be pretty epic too.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I could live in Berk, but a very strong argument can be made for the trifecta of The Grinch, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and Frosty the Snowman. Not mention Heat Miser, Snow Miser, and the Burger Meister Meister Burger (voiced by Paul Frees).

"Holiday in the Islands" beats Mickey's Very Scary Christmas Party any day.

Actually Heat and Snow Miser are two they don't have rights to due to them being released after 1965. They also don't own Rankin's version of Jack Frost however they do have the DreamWorks Rise of the Guardians character version

Reactions: Disneyhead
Actually Heat and Snow Miser are two they don't have rights to due to them being released after 1965. They also don't own Rankin's version of Jack Frost however they do have the DreamWorks Rise of the Guardians character version
and Rudolph and Friends is licensed to SEAS, and I highly doubt that company is going to allow that to slip through their fingers anytime soon.

I knew there was a cut off, but I thought they had Heat Miser and gang.

Not the first time I've been wrong. I'm kind of used to it. I was married for 18 years.

I don't think SEAS was an exclusive contract though. And doesn't it end this year?

Yes. This is the last year of Seas contract.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really want a year-round Christmas land. The year round Christmas store in Port of Entry is enough for me.

I do expect that next year's Christmas events are going to look a lot different than this year's once the SEAS contract ends.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really want a year-round Christmas land. The year round Christmas store in Port of Entry is enough for me.

I do expect that next year's Christmas events are going to look a lot different than this year's once the SEAS contract ends.

You do bring up an interesting thing though. If they do make a Christmas land, I'd say the Christmas shop would get moved there opening up space for some other shop at POE.

You do bring up an interesting thing though. If they do make a Christmas land, I'd say the Christmas shop would get moved there opening up space for some other shop at POE.
Almost definitely. I love that store, so that would make me sad. I'm not at all convinced that there will be a year-round Christmas land. I think it'll end up being an overlay on Toon Lagoon.

There seem to be genuine enthusiasm behind Berk. And honest analytics behind Christmas.

Universal really wants an upcharge Christmas event.
This is slightly off-topic, but could Universal handle a upcharge Christmas event? Disney can do all of the upcharge events because they have 4 different parks. Universal has two. I always assumed that HHN was a big balancing act because they had to balance a loss of day guest revenue vs. the HHN money. With that, I was questioning if they could handle a couple more months of only having one park open at nights. Or worst, having the entire resort closed down because of two upcharge events happening at the same time (end of HHN + Christmas)

I don't think SEAS was an exclusive contract though. And doesn't it end this year?
They really are running a sinking ship over at SEAS if they failed to get any exclusivity (even only regionally) in the contract. It does end after the season this year, but I don't see why they wouldn't renew it.

I would go with Frosty and Rudolph and the Grinch. Islands needs more kid friendly stuff. Suess is beautiful but the rides are really lacking. But I do agree that anything Christmas related would be best indoors and climate controlled, minus the Grinch coaster.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush