Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last time I wanted candy from Hello Kitty I had to wait in line, so someone's buying stuff there. Plus, they only just introduced the make your own bow center, so it's still being added onto and improved...

And I know the Betty Boop store makes a lot of money for Universal. If it closes (again) they could move it back to the old camera shop again, but sales suffered when it wasn't near the park exit.

Seems unlikely they would bulldoze a building that has just received the most TLC it ever has since the early 1990s. (Then again, stranger things have happened.)

Reactions: Andysol
Still think that could easily be themed to NY. Theme outside of SLOP to NY, where it takes place anyway. Do some Hollywood Studios type DM facades on DM, change the name of the Music Arena and retheme Monsters, and voila, a better entrance and the cost shouldn't be too high. Kind of Springfield level. ...Sounds like they're going to do a NYC area for SLOP in Hollywood anyway.
I can't agree enough Mad Dog. As I said a couple months ago- they even have the NY taxi driver at the front of Production Central- he doesn't even have to move.
DM needs a better facade anyway- that queue looks so incredibly cheap as the first attraction you see on your left. While on the right you see the 2nd worst queue in the park at Shrek. SLoP fixes that issue, a new and updated facade fixes DM.
Retheme Monsters and Viola- it's arguably the best themed land they have sans Potter.

SLoP is NY...Bourne could also be NY....Mel's is NY.....MoM takes after Fantastic Beasts which is NY...

NY Studios rebrand? :stun:
Mel's is off Sunset Blvd- as in, the real one :) It's in Hollywood.

Reactions: Ryan and Mad Dog
I can't agree enough Mad Dog. As I said a couple months ago- they even have the NY taxi driver at the front of Production Central- he doesn't even have to move.
DM needs a better facade anyway- that queue looks so incredibly cheap as the first attraction you see on your left. While on the right you see the 2nd worst queue in the park at Shrek. SLoP fixes that issue, a new and updated facade fixes DM.
Retheme Monsters and Viola- it's arguably the best themed land they have sans Potter.

Mel's is off Sunset Blvd- as in, the real one :) It's in Hollywood.

And to think I lived in LA for 3 years and made that mistake.... :(

Fallon/Mummy is NY....SLoP is NY...Bourne could also be NY....Mel's is NY.....MiB takes place in NY....MoM takes after Fantastic Beasts which is NY...

NY Studios rebrand? :stun:

Ministry of Magic is in London...

Last time I wanted candy from Hello Kitty I had to wait in line, so someone's buying stuff there. Plus, they only just introduced the make your own bow center, so it's still being added onto and improved...

And I know the Betty Boop store makes a lot of money for Universal. If it closes (again) they could move it back to the old camera shop again, but sales suffered when it wasn't near the park exit.

Seems unlikely they would bulldoze a building that has just received the most TLC it ever has since the early 1990s. (Then again, stranger things have happened.)

Looking at the space needed for SLOP, they can easily get by without touching that building. But, IDK, we've been in there lots but rarely see hardly anyone browsing in the store. Betty Boop seems to do OK though.

Looking at the space needed for SLOP, they can easily get by without touching that building. But, IDK, we've been in there lots but rarely see hardly anyone browsing in the store. Betty Boop seems to do OK though.
Well, yea, if sales aren't great they could always swap out merch or theme. (Anyone remember when this whole building was a movie memorabilia store before Lucy moved in?) Just think it would be a waste to remove it right after it got such a huge renovation to all be a store again.

To me, unless if the exit store is a generic animation store (like ASS in Hollywood), then I don't see the need of Hello Kitty and Betty Boop going out the way of the dodo.

Can they really dump kitty like that? Isn't there a two way contract?
Probably. I just meant it'd be more likely they swap out the shop's content then bulldoze it just because sales were low.

Personally I love the Kitty meet and greet and photo ops that come with the shop, so I don't want it to go. I figure at least that Hello Kitty Jaws shirts sell well cause I see people wearing them all the time in the parks.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Probably. I just meant it'd be more likely they swap out the shop's content then bulldoze it just because sales were low.

Personally I love the Kitty meet and greet and photo ops that come with the shop, so I don't want it to go. I figure at least that Hello Kitty Jaws shirts sell well cause I see people wearing them all the time in the parks.

Considering that Sanrio is seeming to come to Hollywood as a large element of ASS (Animation Studio Store, yes; terrible acronym); I doubt Hello Kitty is going anywhere. The only way I could see it leave the current location, is if it takes over Schwab's.

Personally, I think they'd be crazy to not rid of Production Central entirely and extend New York to the front of the park. It's one of the weakest themed lands across the entire resort (and once KidZone is gone it will BE the weakest); and it's the first thing majority of people see when entering the park. Not only entering the park, but since most people do USF first because of Diagon Alley, it's one of the first areas people see in the resort. A New York street extension would be the perfect way to rectify that.

1) SLoP replaces Shrek and has New York apartment facades.
2) Despicable Me gets simple, Hollywood-esque facades to make it look less generic and soundstage-y.
3) The music area and HRRR get renamed.
4) Monsters Cafe gets an exterior renovation.

And... boom, you're done. The front of the park looks infinitely better and less tacky, making for a better first impression in the park and expanding the already well-themed New York area.

Personally, I think they'd be crazy to not rid of Production Central entirely and extend New York to the front of the park. It's one of the weakest themed lands across the entire resort (and once KidZone is gone it will BE the weakest); and it's the first thing majority of people see when entering the park. Not only entering the park, but since most people do USF first because of Diagon Alley, it's one of the first areas people see in the resort. A New York street extension would be the perfect way to rectify that.

2) Despicable Me gets simple, Hollywood-esque facades to make it look less generic and soundstage-y.

And... boom, you're done. The front of the park looks infinitely better and less tacky, making for a better first impression in the park and expanding the already well-themed New York area.
:thumbsup: I agree 100%. Once MoM, Nintendo. Terminator replacement, possibly SLoP are completed, USF will, arguably, be the best theme park in the USA. But it will have an ugly entrance. Production Central could be dressed up, but a dressed up pig is still a pig. That area cries to be rethemed to the NYC area.

:thumbsup: I agree 100%. Once MoM, Nintendo. Terminator replacement, possibly SLoP are completed, USF will, arguably, be the best theme park in the USA. But it will have an ugly entrance. Production Central could be dressed up, but a dressed up pig is still a pig. That area cries to be rethemed to the NYC area.
If they do use this as an opportunity to fix Production Central, all that'd be left to improve is World Expo... and as much as I love MIB, it's likely already not long for this world. So I agree. By the time Park 3 opens, USF will be one of the best parks ever.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The only way I can see this work is if the Hello Kitty shop gets bulldozed as well. And frankly, there's no reason not to provided they just move the merchandise and meet and greet somewhere else. The lack of Dora the Explorer or Scooby Doo shops hasn't stopped Universal from pimping those IPs.

I think it will be a large apartment building that has a slightly cartoonist look. It will never be specified on the outside what city it is in. On the inside it will clearly be NYC because of the cityscape backgrounds and details like logos on manhole covers and what not.

latest

It would be difficult to pull NYC all the way to the front of the park. Sooo, Illumination Land.

Minions, SLoP, SING on the stage and a Character Dining TS in Monsters. And every night the spectacular...

Illumination's: Epic Minion Dance Party!

Duel M&G replaces Transformers military tent extended queue and shares a dressing room with the Character Dining location. This M&G would have 2 sides, Transformers on the Transformers side. And an Illumination side with new characters from upcoming films.

Kitty's not going anywhere.

I think it will be a large apartment building that has a slightly cartoonist look. It will never be specified on the outside what city it is in. On the inside it will clearly be NYC because of the cityscape backgrounds and details like logos on manhole covers and what not.

latest

It would be difficult to pull NYC all the way to the front of the park. Sooo, Illumination Land.

Minions, SLoP, SING on the stage and a Character Dining TS in Monsters. And every night the spectacular...

Illumination's: Epic Minion Dance Party!

Duel M&G replaces Transformers military tent extended queue and shares a dressing room with the Character Dining location. This M&G would have 2 sides, Transformers on the Transformers side. And an Illumination side with new characters from upcoming films.

Kitty's not going anywhere.
Makes the most sense out of anything i've heard.

Reactions: UK-Trigg

Does the building need to be themed the same in all directions? What if the walls facing NY, were themed to NY and the walls facing the entrance, were themed to something more suiting?

In terms of limited space and wanting a big attraction, what if Universal 1 up themselves and went for a 3 story attraction?