CityWalk Hollywood | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hate to admit I kinda like Hard Rock lol
I used to work at Hard Rock... not the one at Citywalk, but yea... the place is trash. Over-priced mediocre food. HOWEVER.... there are ONLY 2 things that I do like about HRC at Citywalk...

1- The building shape on the Citywalk map looks like the Millennium Falcon

2- The giant guitar fountain

How reliable is the Toothsome replacing Hard Rock rumor? I mean, we know it's coming at some point...

I'm not so sure about it. Given the size of the restaurant and the intense theming, I don't think they could/would do it without removing the other stores in that building. It's not just Hard Rock, you've also got Samba, Cinnabon, and Wetzel's Pretzels. Would they go ahead with the over-the-top Steampunk Chocolate Factory aesthetic with a brazilian steakhouse sticking out the back? I'm not saying that it's impossible, just that I probably wouldn't make that call. Plus, they have a Hard Rock in Orlando. Would they remove a shared restaurant just to replace it with another shared restaurant?

Didn't someone say there was a rumor floating that Toothsome was going to the lower lot at SS28? Or was that just spitballing?

I would imagine Hard Rock is still popular, and that it has an audience for it.

That said, if Toothsome is in development; I would venture to guess that you would most likely see it replace Saddle Ranch, to be precise.

Reactions: chris.g
I've still never been to the Hard Rock at City Walk. I can never betray my go to Mexican Restaurant

What is your go to Mexican restaurant? Please don't say Camacho's. While I enjoy the atmosphere, I find the food pretty mediocre, no better than El Torrito.

I always thought the rumor was that Toothsome would take over Saddle Ranch.

I always thought the rumor was that Toothsome would take over Saddle Ranch.

I thought a while back someone mentioned of Hard Rock being considered, alongside Saddle Ranch for it; but I could be wrong.

That said, if it does go to Saddle, would it be wise to see a full on reconstruction of that building to follow a layout similar to Orlando's?

Reactions: alias8703
Camacho's is a great deal though! Sure the food is mediocre but it's a great deal!!

I much prefer Don Cuco's down the street, off Riverside Blvd. Yeah, it's off property, but still pretty close, and the food and service are way better. And the cheesey atmosphere is a plus.

I thought a while back someone mentioned of Hard Rock being considered, alongside Saddle Ranch for it; but I could be wrong.

That said, if it does go to Saddle, would it be wise to see a full on reconstruction of that building to follow a layout similar to Orlando's?

I have no evidence it's going to Saddle, I'm just repeating the rumors and adding some of my own wishful thinking. :) I haven't yet been to the one in Orlando (though I will be in October!), so I have no idea what their layout is. But being on its own surrounded mostly by parking lots, I'd imagine they could have a bit more play should they choose to expand or change the footprint.

Reactions: ush.hacker