Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It really is a lack of better options and a decent population size.

Californians can easily get to many other options either in parks or in other thing they often consider with the same disposable income - like Vegas. Florida is Florida. It has killed many a park by being cut throat competitive. Stuff that would be considered successful in like.. Tennessee or something... is seen as a failure if it doesnt do Disney/Universal numbers. Primarily because they have to compete with those two for workers/wages and other contracts and agreements. We all know neither of them work lean/cheap.

Little Po-Dunk Park (TM) doesn't get to pay TN operational costs and survive in central Florida or SoCal.

Without really knowing any details, I’d wager San Antonio benefits from a fair bit of isolation. I moved here this summer and almost everyone I’ve met has an AP to either Sea World or Six Flags. You also have Six Flags right near an Air Force Inital Training Base where families come for graduation and get to do something fun for a day or two. The parks are perfect because, aside from restaurants or the Riverwalk, there’s not a lot of thrilling options for that market.

(Full disclosure - Yes, I’m military.)

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
No chance. Attractions like this don't bring in large amounts of people.

Agreed. Though it will be nice to have a second water ride in the park (or third, if you could sitting in the splash zone of the Shamu stadium), and will do well on super hot days.

The best hope for one addition to actually add attendance at this point is probably Seasame Street. That said, they have to fully-commit to it (read: not just an overlay for Happy Harbor).

At this point Seaworld needs a hail mary on a grand scale to reverse the loses they have taken. I don't know what that would be though and I don't think the company has the appetite or the resources to make such a bold move. Sadly I think what they are going for is to have a decent enough balance sheet to sell off the assets.

At this point Seaworld needs a hail mary on a grand scale to reverse the loses they have taken. I don't know what that would be though and I don't think the company has the appetite or the resources to make such a bold move. Sadly I think what they are going for is to have a decent enough balance sheet to sell off the assets.

Sadly, selling the Busch Gardens parks off might help short-term (and may be their most coveted asset), but it would hurt locals who want a combo pass for BGT and SWO.

What evidence is there that rapids rides aren't crowd pullers in a place with a climate like Florida? Especially one that is as easily marketable as the world's tallest rapids ride!

What evidence is there that rapids rides aren't crowd pullers in a place with a climate like Florida? Especially one that is as easily marketable as the world's tallest rapids ride!
Rapids rides typically aren't something that someone is going to buy a ticket explicitly for. Nobody says, "i'm going to IOA for Bluto's" or "i'm going to DAK for Kali" unless they are Annual Passholders. Even still, you'd be hard pressed to ever hear those sentences spoken aloud.

Now it's no secret that water rides are incredibly popular in the Summer at Universal and Disney. However, being that it's a water ride, it's going to need a refurb once a year likely and it won't pull crowds in colder times such as now. It's not that people won't ride this attraction, it's that it's not a ride people will be busting down the gates to get on.

Of course, i'm not sure if SeaWorld is even capable of making a "Gate Buster" attraction with how restricted their budgets are.

Reactions: SeaWorldRocks
Rapids rides typically aren't something that someone is going to buy a ticket explicitly for. Nobody says, "i'm going to IOA for Bluto's" or "i'm going to DAK for Kali" unless they are Annual Passholders. Even still, you'd be hard pressed to ever hear those sentences spoken aloud.

Now it's no secret that water rides are incredibly popular in the Summer at Universal and Disney. However, being that it's a water ride, it's going to need a refurb once a year likely and it won't pull crowds in colder times such as now. It's not that people won't ride this attraction, it's that it's not a ride people will be busting down the gates to get on.

Of course, i'm not sure if SeaWorld is even capable of making a "Gate Buster" attraction with how restricted their budgets are.

Antarctica was suppose to be the “gate buster” but Sea Word found out they don’t have the budget required.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts