Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This will help do what they need to do which is keep bringing in locals to replace the national and international market tourists who are choosing Disney and Universal over SeaWorld. They are trying to basically make it like SW San Antonio and the Busch Gardens parks where they add a new attractions and events throughout the year to keep the local/regional crowds coming in on annual passes/fun cards/cheap tickets and spending money once they get through the gate. Just like the Six Flags/Cedar Fair model. Even more like the Herschend model since that's what the CEO came from. Higher in park per caps than the Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks but drawing similar demographics of people from within a few hours radius for day trips. Appealing to people who don't want to spend the $100+ per person for Disney and Universal but still wanting a fun day in the park with rides and shows.

This will help do what they need to do which is keep bringing in locals to replace the national and international market tourists who are choosing Disney and Universal over SeaWorld. They are trying to basically make it like SW San Antonio and the Busch Gardens parks where they add a new attractions and events throughout the year to keep the local/regional crowds coming in on annual passes/fun cards/cheap tickets and spending money once they get through the gate. Just like the Six Flags/Cedar Fair model. Even more like the Herschend model since that's what the CEO came from. Higher in park per caps than the Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks but drawing similar demographics of people from within a few hours radius for day trips. Appealing to people who don't want to spend the $100+ per person for Disney and Universal but still wanting a fun day in the park with rides and shows.
Yeah, that's basically what SeaWorld needs to accept that it is in Orlando. It's turning into a regional park now, relying on locals to stay in business. It's nicer than your average Six Flags, but they don't have the money to compete with neighboring Universal or Disney.

I think at this point building a headliner that could be in the "game changing" category would be the full Sesame street with shops and a signature dark ride. I could see it costing 150 million plus though for everything. When you imagine a RMC and a high end family coaster could be done for half that it is hard to see them going that route.

I just think there is too much of a hole left by uni/disney ticket prices esp with locals priced out that sea world should ever be in danger in the market as long as they can keep locals coming back and spending.

They need to be modeling their rides/entertainment on what herschend is doing.

I think at this point building a headliner that could be in the "game changing" category would be the full Sesame street with shops and a signature dark ride. I could see it costing 150 million plus though for everything. When you imagine a RMC and a high end family coaster could be done for half that it is hard to see them going that route.

I just think there is too much of a hole left by uni/disney ticket prices esp with locals priced out that sea world should ever be in danger in the market as long as they can keep locals coming back and spending.

They need to be modeling their rides/entertainment on what herschend is doing.
Considering SWs past of putting Sesame in the parks that isn't Sesame Place (when they actually add stuff there), it's nothing too complex or exciting. And to be honest, The Muppets are better for ride concepts, but they're owned by Disney, so that screws things over.

I don't expect anything big, which is unfortunate, given the history of Sesame Street.

Spaghetti Space Chase over at Universal Singapore is great. It has a lot of classic dark ride elements but doesn't seem all that expensive just by looking at it. They did a great job integrating all the figures with a couple screens. I wonder how much something like that cost.

Spaghetti Space Chase over at Universal Singapore is great. It has a lot of classic dark ride elements but doesn't seem all that expensive just by looking at it. They did a great job integrating all the figures with a couple screens. I wonder how much something like that cost.
Based on what SeaWorld has done with the Sesame Property in their parks so far, I doubt they're even thinking that big.

It would be interesting if they partnered with Nat Geo or Discovery Channel or something...Otherwise, I can't see them adding any IPs

They had Madagascar and all they did was a show

i mean i notice that a lot of international guests buy bulk tickets that let them go to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Universal, and Disney. There are some great deals online for that, and I've even bought a bulk once and ended up saving a lot. I mean, I never really felt there was really ever a competition with Sea World or Busch Gardens with Universal as I see a lot of people (at least international people) do both. The Flex ticket is gone, but you can still buy package deals online which I think a lot of people do. I don't actually notice a lot of locals coming to Sea World, maybe Busch Gardens, but not Sea World.

As for the ride, I mean, I don't feel it's going to draw a lot of attention to the theme park enthusiast, but families will like it. If families are still buying tickets to Sea World, this will be a positive experience for them to remember which is important as it will have them want to go back.

90b8d24c-8f99-40df-add5-abb628d4e476_1.95a5a19895f5b417960793865ba4d1fc.jpeg