Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that and was going to post here, decided not to though.

Who would announce this new park? Where would it be?
Those were the two questions. It's not the Aretgon site, since some rich Miami developer is putting crap on that now and I could only think of one other area designed/zoned for entertainment in Orange County/Orlando and that is parcels along Universal Blvd.

So the question remains who? We already (not myself, but Inside Universal) suspect a 4th park from Universal. But this soon?

IDK If it's someone new entering the market (Highly doubt) but would be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is Universal, which is most likely, that means they already have purchased all the land they need. I just don't see them announcing before they finish.

Another reason for Uni to announce is if maybe they want the surrounding properties to get a head start to "beautify" the area around. Also could allow the county to start improving road access and such not.

Honestly, I think that'll be the case too. Announce that one new theme park, a new entertainment complex, and multiple hotels will be made on the plot, but with no timeframe given or information of the park, entertainment complex, and hotels. It would be all that they'd need to talk about until groundbreaking begins, and that they can tell people to not make any plans yet.

If anything, I can, but only if it's done like when they made an announcement of a second park, but didn't go into detail, like back in 93.

That's what I'm thinking. Projects like this are usually announced years before even a groundbreaking takes place.

Looking at Beijing, it was announced in 2014, groundbreaking in 2016 and expected to open in 2020.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...it-or-notripley-entertainment-inc-scoops.html

Where is this land located and does this interfere with Universals plans? Looks like they've got 40 acres now.
I think that solves the final mystery of what was going on the last piece of OEP land:

o8aqtXA.png

That appears to be the red block of land that we were speculating on what would go there. It's south of the new Trammell apartments which take up the part of that 32 acres in the northern part of that block.

It doesn't interfere with Universal's plans, but I wonder if they'd consider making an offer above what Ripley's paid for the 40 acres sometime down the road before Ripley's builds anything.

That parcel to the right is a part of the bankruptcy proceeding so connecting Ripley's now 40 acres to that would be nice.

I don't expect a new park announcement unto Nintendo is announced. Unless Nintendo is indeed going to new park instead of USF).
How do you mean "instead"? I think they will use Nintendo in multiple parks as to include as many franchises as possible and to encourage people to park hop like they did with Harry Potter. They have plenty of material to use, with Pokemon being an obvious one.

And did they not "announce" Nintendo was coming to Florida? They didn't say where exactly, but I swear they confirmed Florida.

How do you mean "instead"? I think they will use Nintendo in multiple parks as to include as many franchises as possible and to encourage people to park hop like they did with Harry Potter. They have plenty of material to use, with Pokemon being an obvious one.

And did they not "announce" Nintendo was coming to Florida? They didn't say where exactly, but I swear they confirmed Florida.
They confirmed Hollywood, Japan and Orlando all at the same time.

If the first phase goes to new park instead of USF. No doubt USF will see something Nintendo but what will it actually be.

If the first phase goes to new park instead of USF. No doubt USF will see something Nintendo but what will it actually be.
I understand where you're coming from but respectfully disagree. If I'm not mistaken you're essentially saying 'they will not have multiple Nintendo projects announced at the same time' (e.g. they will wait for phase 1 to be completed before announcing phase 2, and wait for phase 2 before announcing phase 3). Basically the same path they used with Harry Potter. But there's two reasons this is different... A) they can announce a theme park without delving into what specifically is going there ("news to come!" raises hype), as others have mentioned in this thread. And B) Nintendo is such a large brand with the characters not having much to do with one another. Think of this more like Mnions and Secret Lives of Pets rather than the Harry Potter Universe... yes it's the same company but totally separate. Pokemon and Mario could be announced at the same time, two different parks, and no one would blink twice.

sJFAiok.png

This is why the Ripley's land (red) is important.

It touches both the current Universal land (blue) as well as is near the parts of UCPM III (purple) that are in bankruptcy proceedings right now. Look at that northwest sliver of red near the Universal land in particular, is that land even useful to Ripley's?

That's why I think Comcast should consider buying Ripley's land if possible. If Comcast makes an offer that's 30-40% above what they paid, would they consider just offloading that 40 acres at a quick profit?

That Ripley's land and the UCPM III parcels in bankruptcy would be hugely useful as hotels off of the main property on Universal Blvd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.