Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What are the odds of Conjuring coming to this years event?

You mean because of the tweet of him doing the "Horror Dance"? I hope that was it, but at the same time I have a feeling it's about another IP. Though if the option came down to it, what if it was purely an Annabelle house? Not having any reference to the other Conjuring films?

You mean because of the tweet of him doing the "Horror Dance"? I hope that was it, but at the same time I have a feeling it's about another IP. Though if the option came down to it, what if it was purely an Annabelle house? Not having any reference to the other Conjuring films?

I’m thinking that tweet refers to either The Conjuring, IT, or possibly another of his white whale properties.

Edit: The fact he even said knock on wood makes me think we might have finally gotten the Conjuring Universe... I’m betting we didn’t though

Maybe even two months possibly since AHS Asylum, Coven, Roanoke was announced in March last year

That is if they decide to do a mashup house, because otherwise, if it's solely based on Cult, they'll just save it for the summer to announce, as it's technically new at both parks. Unless, of course, Orlando wants to announce it earlier and to coincide with them we get it announced early.

Going back to the Thing, it would be honestly intriguing if they decided to do their own version of Nauls' death scene, considering it was never filmed because of budgetary and time constraints. At least the video of the storyboard of it seemed interesting.

I don't quite remember. I believe it was in terms of how things run.

If the person who wrote is still active they'll remember.

This might've been me. Sorry for the two month late reply lol.

I had a friend who relayed to me a lot of accurate info for last year that HHN was planning something big for next year that was something a little different, but they I don't think even they knew what it was yet. We'll see if any of that comes to fruition.

This might've been me. Sorry for the two month late reply lol.

I had a friend who relayed to me a lot of accurate info for last year that HHN was planning something big for next year that was something a little different, but they I don't think even they knew what it was yet. We'll see if any of that comes to fruition.

It seems like both coasts are planning this year to be huge, which would explain the really good IP list. Any word on the reality of our speculated list by the way?

Side Note: The more I think about it the more I feel like we’re getting Asylum over Cult this year if it really is Murdy’s last year

Let's pray that they don't make the same mistake as last year. (Spending all their money on the rights for the mazes)

I’d hope this year has a much larger budget than last year, too many black walls of nothingness that wouldn’t work in any house this year besides Stranger Things in the Upside Down. Part of me feels like a factor in why Conjuring isn’t coming is just because of how expensive the combo of that, IT, and ST would be. This years budget is probably going to be crazy though, considering the prices of the rights and the puppets for some of the various mazes

Honestly, I really think it more rides to whether or not the Terror Tram stays or goes.

That thing, should be a issue to the scale of Bill and Ted, as you have to deal with the upkeep of the fleet of trams, allocating the money and resources to get actors out there, deal with the neighbors next to the WoTW/Psycho Sets, and also dealing with possible issues to guests and what-not have you.

I would think that if they cut the Tram, that should bring a positive up-bring to the budget, allowing the Hollywood A&D teams to craft the best event possible and to also allocate money in the proper places.

Let's pray that they don't make the same mistake as last year. (Spending all their money on the rights for the mazes)

I would wager last year was more of the fault to Marketing and legalities than it ever has been to A&D, for both coasts.

This year? I would suspect things have changed, ensuring that both sides get equal and fair treatment, allowing A&D on both Hollywood and Orlando to have say, while also ensuring that Marketing can have things at the disposal that can positively attract audiences.

I seem to remember Murdy saying a long time ago that Terror Tram was NEVER going away from the event because of capacity reasons.. Wonder if that'll hold true this year if Tram leaves and how they plan to make up that capacity

If they open a few more rides, add a show, and have the new house location then TT being gone won’t be a problem. Murdy should probably realize that at this point the TT is beating a dead horse, it hasn’t been highly rated in a while and is usually too samey no matter what they put the theme of it as

The thug is, Terror Tram is only open until 11 and then they lose that capacity. If they were to put two houses there, they would be able to maintain that capacity all night long. Terror Tram just isn’t that big of a draw anymore. It’s gotta go.

I have a strong feeling that the replacement for JP is gonna be by the trams. It just makes the most logistical sense if they end up closing TT.

The thug is, Terror Tram is only open until 11 and then they lose that capacity. If they were to put two houses there, they would be able to maintain that capacity all night long. Terror Tram just isn’t that big of a draw anymore. It’s gotta go.

I wonder why Terror Tram ended up being so popular for some reason nowadays. I mean, my first time I've been to Universal Hollywood's HHN location last
October, and I don't find TT as much interesting as the mazes themselves and normal attractions. If you ask me, TT really needs something new or maybe it should make more room for new mazes.

I wonder why Terror Tram ended up being so popular for some reason nowadays. I mean, my first time I've been to Universal Hollywood's HHN location last
October, and I don't find TT as much interesting as the mazes themselves and normal attractions. If you ask me, TT really needs something new or maybe it should make more room for new mazes.

If they don’t do a Classic Monsters TT(knowing Murdy) they’ll probably get rid of it for maze room.