Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they do a Purge maze in Parisian courtyard, using most of the gauntlet stuff again.

I could see that, but I feel like The Purge Gauntlet is gonna be where Urban Inferno was.

Edit: Manics posted right before I did; I feel like Halloween or the unknown maze is gonna go in PC

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt if Halloween came, most likely it'll be in the PC. (Just hope they don't do the poster hedges like in 2015). And as for IT being leaked, how did we decide which one it would be again (1990 vs 2017)?

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt if Halloween came, most likely it'll be in the PC. (Just hope they don't do the poster hedges like in 2015). And as for IT being leaked, how did we decide which one it would be again (1990 vs 2017)?

Murdy said he’d have to do the 2017 version since it’s the more relavent one; my bet is that IT is gonna go in either WW or the new venue since it shouldn’t be too long of a maze and those are the only two spots that could fit the Neibolt House.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
If we lose Parisian Courtyard, then French Street may be fair game again... that was an access point for the scare actors in that location.

Murdy already confirmed he worked on the PC maze; rumors are indicating we’re losing the JP Queue Maze location

Murdy already confirmed he worked on the PC maze; rumors are indicating we’re losing the JP Queue Maze location

Got it. No idea how they're going to pull off French Street, then, since that's a major backstage avenue during the event. (Per Murdy's tweet, perhaps he's looking at finding a way to reconfigure that, but I don't see an obvious one.)

It was a bit unnecessary to have French street reserved for RIP experience last year, as in previous years for the VIP experience they've always managed to have a scare zone there at the same time. Is the DM queue big enough for a maze like T-2 3-D was?

In 2014 there was a Voting Contest for the Scare Zone to be in French Street. Which 2 of the 3 have been done. I'm curious if they will do the 3rd concept. Ghoulz.

"In 19th century France, restrictive laws and social norms prevented medical colleges from acquiring the one asset they need most – human cadavers. To solve this “body shortage crisis,” universities employed “unsavory characters” to do their dirty work and steal corpses from cemeteries in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, the grave robbers on Universal Studios Hollywood’s French Street have developed a morbid fascination with the dead – and a taste for human flesh."

In 2016 we had the Purge all park Scare Zone and then in 2017 it was used for the R.I.P Tour. I'm wondering if they will finally do the 3rd concept.

Reactions: horrornights789
Interesting there will be a scarezone in French Street again. Do you think this could lend some fuel towards a maze location in the DM queue?

As I said, OSHA would have probably a fit over Universal doing that, not to mention the changes they have made to the queue when the conversion occurred..

As for photos..

Pre T2-Closure:
upload_2018-1-30_19-59-52.png

DMMM Opening:
upload_2018-1-30_20-1-39.png

Post DM Opening:
upload_2018-1-30_20-0-22.png

I would personally say, that if they wanted to keep DMMM as a viable HHN venue, they wouldn't of made changes to that queue, shortening it and adding an additional mini-building.

I just don't see it feasible.

If the Tram goes, that would be the best spot for a venue, especially when you consider that they are also making changes that should increase the capacity of that queue.

So are we for sure keeping the Mummy Queue this year? Some people have thrown around we may lose that too but I thought it was just JP we were losing

You guys think the tour queue being expanded might add more fuel to the rumors of Terror Tram getting replaced by two houses?

As of right now, I fully believe that the Terror Tram will be replaced by at-least one house, to compensate the lost venue.

If there's two down there, that makes me question how they'd split that queue up for two tents.