Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wasn't even aware that there were rumors of Terror Tram going away in exchange for a maze, let alone two. If that were the case, it seems that the consensus on here is that it should only be 1 maze, as when I mentioned earlier about the rumor of a supposed 9th maze for last year being cut out because of budgetary reasons, a lot of people felt that was for the best because it would allow more money to be allocated towards mazes.

To bring this up, there seems to be the thought coming out now via by speculation of the leaked dates, that Universal may be opting to make it change from a Select nights event, to occur every night from September 14th to November 3rd.

I'm going to throw it here, what would people think of Universal Hollywood doing that? Do you think the positives outweigh the negatives? I'm actually very interested.

To bring this up, there seems to be the thought coming out now via by speculation of the leaked dates, that Universal may be opting to make it change from a Select nights event, to occur every night from September 14th to November 3rd.

I'm going to throw it here, what would people think of Universal Hollywood doing that? Do you think the positives outweigh the negatives? I'm actually very interested.

I would assume that would not only lead to scare-actor unavailability on weeknights, but also technological issues. Especially if we're expecting elaborate IPs, like The Thing and Stranger Things. Technical difficulties later on in the season are inevitable, so I'm a bit puzzled about a support about an every night HHN in that time frame as well.

Reactions: ush.hacker

I think they’re insane for attempting that, but if they do that....DUDE. That would be great to go through each house with just a ten or fifteen minute wait. Gone would be the night of having to deal with crowds. That would make the FFP so worth it. This also adds more fuel to the bigger budget rumors.

If the do that, I could see them only open until midnight from Monday thru Wednesday.

I would assume that would not only lead to scare-actor unavailability on weeknights, but also technological issues. Especially if we're expecting elaborate IPs, like The Thing and Stranger Things. Technical difficulties later on in the season are inevitable, so I'm a bit puzzled about a support about an every night HHN in that time frame as well.

In theory, it could explain the budget increase rumor, as a lot would be extremely needed to ensure that they can sustain an Orlando like budget that could be capable of handling it.

As for Scareactors, they would need to change how it works.

And as far as tech issues occur, hypothetically, Orlando would have the same problem as-well.

^I would hope it'd give a lot more dates to FFP... I'd be all for that, for sure. :) But realistically, I'm not quite sure they could pull off the staffing either. If it did happen, though, I wouldn't complain!

We barely made it through HHN 2017 with the pool intact. I'm not sure there's enough qualified (read: physically/mentally capable/willing) actors to staff a full month.

Reactions: ush.hacker
7 day weeks for Horror Nights does not mean that every scare actor has to work every day of the event. It means they hire more staff to allow for days off.

Reactions: Freak
7 day weeks for Horror Nights does not mean that every scare actor has to work every day of the event. It means they hire more staff to allow for days off.

Right. My point is I don't think there's enough supply of willing/able actors to effectively double-staff each role.